Author Topic: IFBB Pro in AXE commercial  (Read 16283 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
IFBB Pro in AXE commercial
« on: May 10, 2006, 07:30:08 PM »
The new AXE Body cologne commercial asks: "Shamed by a questionable hookup?" then shows a young man waking up and being grinned at by a flexing female BBer, looking a lot like Joanna Thomas.  Anyone seen it?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: IFBB Pro in AXE commercial
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 07:35:21 PM »
Is the add implying that waking up next to a female bodybuilder is a shame !!!??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 07:36:16 PM »
Is the add implying that waking up next to a female bodybuilder is a shame !!!??

Yes, that is very clearly implied. 

The theme of the commercial is that if you use their product, you won't be reduced to questionable mating partners who look like that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 07:38:45 PM »
I think the biggest thing is, how did the female BBer feel when she arrived and was told she'd be playing the role of repugnant, regrettable sexual partner.

I'm 99% sure it was Joanna Thomas, as I've seen her SuperSize She show.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 07:39:32 PM »
No wonder the sport is in decline , why would one do a add that puts shame to ones life long passion and pursuit , I know you will say money , but money gained through poor self esteem I would suggest !!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 07:39:42 PM »
That is Jitka Harazimova.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 07:40:59 PM »

You could very well be right!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 07:41:45 PM »

I think you are right.
HAHA, RON.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 07:41:58 PM »
Baby got back.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 07:44:10 PM »
If she is a IFBB PRO does this type of work not bring the sport and the IFBB into disrepute thus breaching the rules laid out by the IFBB on these matters thus warranting a fine and a suspension for such actions ?? Bob ?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 07:46:10 PM »
If she is a IFBB PRO does this type of work not bring the sport and the IFBB into disrepute thus breaching the rules laid out by the IFBB on these matters thus warranting a fine and a suspension for such actions ?? Bob ?

It is Jitka and you're joking right?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 07:48:16 PM »
No read the rules on this type of matter they are very clear , aparently ? :-\

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 07:50:42 PM »
No read the rules on this type of matter they are very clear , aparently ? :-\

What type of matter are you reffering to?

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 07:50:59 PM »
I think she cares more about making money than how fbb are potrayed and there is nothing wrong with that. she has to eat too

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 07:56:52 PM »
Well it sort of pertrays the female bodybuilder,and in this case a ifbb pro bodybuilder, to be a undesirable object of affection, and this could be likened to all female bodybuilders in general, thus bringing a unfavorable image to the sport , which in the IFBB Pro rules is not allowed , i know i am picking hairs here but it could be a possibility ??? and besides i am a little pissed that a IFBB Pro would allow them self to be pertrayed this way , to be honest !!

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 08:31:49 PM »
Well it sort of pertrays the female bodybuilder,and in this case a ifbb pro bodybuilder, to be a undesirable object of affection, and this could be likened to all female bodybuilders in general, thus bringing a unfavorable image to the sport , which in the IFBB Pro rules is not allowed , i know i am picking hairs here but it could be a possibility ??? and besides i am a little pissed that a IFBB Pro would allow them self to be pertrayed this way , to be honest !!

c'mon Hardcore...The f cking chick shoots male freaking hormones in her body...She lost her mind years ago doing sh t like that...They are no different then Shasha shooting female hormones in his body...No one in their right mind will ever take them seriously.  Hence is why Axe made a commercial like that...

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 08:34:04 PM »
c'mon Hardcore...The f cking chick shoots male freaking hormones in her body...She lost her mind years ago doing sh t like that...They are no different then Shasha shooting female hormones in his body...No one in their right mind will ever take them seriously.  Hence is why Axe made a commercial like that...                 

Yeah good point , its a shame though huh , that she would let herself be pertrayed in that vain !!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »
The real funny thing is, she made more in that commercial (minimum $20,000) then she would if she had won 4 pro shows

ROFL... TV's where all the money is, I think she realizes that, either way it got her foot through the door.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 08:59:24 PM »
The real funny thing is, she made more in that commercial (minimum $20,000) then she would if she had won 4 pro shows

ROFL... TV's where all the money is, I think she realizes that, either way it got her foot through the door.

1.20,000 is highly doubtful.

2.After a tv ad like that it's doubtful she'll get anymore roles. No one seems to understand that.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 09:01:35 PM »

1.20,000 is highly doubtful.

2.After a tv ad like that it's doubtful she'll get anymore roles. No one seems to understand that.

It's not highly doubtful, I have several friends who have done TV comercials, the pay for a major role is $20,000
ask around.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 09:39:17 PM »

So let me get this straight. She does a legit commercial and makes an honest buck, but if someone does a gay for pay shoot or movie nothing happends???

If thats the case this industry is clearly as fucked up as I had imagined and has it's priorities COMPLETLY backwords!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 09:50:47 PM »

Is that a print ad or TV commercial.  If it is a print add she would be lucky if she made $1,000.  If it is a commercial and a national then she could make some good money.  Depends on the markets its in and how many and how long it plays.  Her daily if she was a union player would be as a day player so it would be around $600 or whatever the day rate is now.  Then she gets residual payments on top of that depending on the criteria I listed.  It could have been a buyout and she got one payment like I got for Apple Computer.  I have never seen this commercial here.  And I don't know the exact market segments.  And yes she got her foot in the door and thats whats important in that industry and the hardest part.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 09:52:02 PM »
I just save a bunch of money on my car insurance.

LOL (Geico)

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 09:52:17 PM »
i really thoguht it was colette nelson

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 10:00:55 PM »
It's not highly doubtful, I have several friends who have done TV comercials, the pay for a major role is $20,000
ask around.

That is not true.  I have been in 44 commercials including 16 nationals.  Their is no such thing as "pay for a major role."  Big name stars are the only people who get to negotiate price for a commercial.  If the ad agency and client wants Chuck Norris to do a spot.  They will ask him and he and his agent will tell them how much he will do it for.  Chuck refused to do a commercial for Scarab Boats.  He wanted $1 million for the spot.  The cliet said no.  They offered him a new 36' Scarab off shore boat.  His agent and attorney Mike Emery decided hell yes.  Not bad for a 30 second spot.  Plus Chuck raced off shores boats for awhile too.

The thing about commercials is anyone can do the part.  If someone wants something unreasonable or is a headache to work with, there are another 1000 waiting to do it.  Almost always all you get is your daily fee which is a set amount.  Usually the SAG minimum (which I don't know what it is now, CHic would know).  If it goes national then you can start making money.  Of all the commercials I did Old El Paso Salsa paid me the most, $32,000+.  And that was over a time period of around 15 months or so.  I know several friends who have made $100,000+ off one commercial.  That is very rare.  But there is no such thing as a major role pay, unless you are someone popular or a star.