Author Topic: Will the PDI be a success?  (Read 11342 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Will the PDI be a success?
« on: May 10, 2006, 08:32:29 PM »
At this point, it does not look good. Why?
They have ouple decent  guys finally, but no real "established names" on board.
Wayne D has an excellnt concept however and that may make a difference.
Hard to say if the shows can make $$$, considering how so many IFBB shows lose cash now????
What do ya think? I am on the fence on this one ???
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Will the PDI be a success?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 08:41:28 PM »
Hard to say if the shows can make $$$, considering how so many IFBB shows lose cash now????

Ticket sales will go up as more athletes declare and the date comes closer.

Remember, Taylor and Priest waited til they completed the shows they wanted to do in the IFBB, before any announcement was made.  There are a lot of guys doing the NY, the Colo, Europa, and the Atlantic city that are itching to go where the money is and the politics ain't.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 08:43:07 PM »
Ticket sales will go up as more athletes declare and the date comes closer.

Remember, Taylor and Priest waited til they completed the shows they wanted to do in the IFBB, before any announcement was made.  There are a lot of guys doing the NY, the Colo, Europa, and the Atlantic city that are itching to go where the money is and the politics ain't.

We shall see, seems interesting anyway

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 08:49:14 PM »
There will be alot of Nabba guys jioning and some of them are huge , coubled with the IFBB guys it will be very competitive with alot of new faces !!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 08:51:21 PM »
There will be alot of Nabba guys jioning and some of them are huge , coubled with the IFBB guys it will be very competitive with alot of new faces !!

the keys are  for the fan support, the marketing, media and overall interest to obtain and keep BIG $$ sponers, or despte Wayne's best efforts, it will fold in a hurry.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 08:58:53 PM »
I believe it will be a success.The NABBA and European competitors will make their impact. Wayne knows better than most on how to put on a show.. It will make money.

I hope it does, but I am not optimistic

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 09:33:44 PM »
the first PDI NOC doesn't need to be a financial success for the PDI to succeed in the long run.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 10:10:53 PM »

Howie, this is the first time I have had to scold you. You know nothing.  You have no idea who Wayne has.  Wait till after the NY Pro.  Wait till about a month from the NOC.  I talked to Wayne just yesterday for almost an hour.  He sounds very excited and he knows Ihave a big mouth so won't tell me everything yet but it will be good.  And what big names do you know in Europe.  Do you think the only draw are guys in the U.S.  PDI is going to have plenty of shows in Europe.  Major support from there is happening.  Once the ball gets rolling all it's going to do is pick up more cash to give away for prize money.  European sponsors are going to start offering endorsement contracts to PDI athletes only.  It will be good.  The U.S. is not the only place where there is money.  In fact the U.S. sponsors are lacking allot lately.  Why do you think the largest and oldest BB federation the IFBB is losing shows now and the biggest show they have the Olympia is getting worse and worse each year.  It's time a change in the postive direction Wayne and the PDI are heading that way.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 10:13:20 PM »
Plus, where do IFBB pros come from.  The come from the amateur ranks.  Once PDI gets going and people see the IFBB is no longer the ONLY play in town, allot are going to go to the PDI.  Being able to compete and travel to foreign countries and get paid to do it.  Hell not many would so no to that especially when the IFBB offer nothing.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 10:30:55 PM »

This has nothing to do with the IFBB. 

bigmo6891

• Getbig III
  • wus real good
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 10:37:02 PM »
most def
Never Big Enough

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 02:40:41 AM »

get off the gloom and doom

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 03:11:21 AM »
the first PDI NOC doesn't need to be a financial success for the PDI to succeed in the long run.

well just how deep are their wallets?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 03:58:37 AM »
Howie, this is the first time I have had to scold you. You know nothing.  You have no idea who Wayne has.  Wait till after the NY Pro.  Wait till about a month from the NOC.  I talked to Wayne just yesterday for almost an hour.  He sounds very excited and he knows Ihave a big mouth so won't tell me everything yet but it will be good.  And what big names do you know in Europe.  Do you think the only draw are guys in the U.S.  PDI is going to have plenty of shows in Europe.  Major support from there is happening.  Once the ball gets rolling all it's going to do is pick up more cash to give away for prize money.  European sponsors are going to start offering endorsement contracts to PDI athletes only.  It will be good.  The U.S. is not the only place where there is money.  In fact the U.S. sponsors are lacking allot lately.  Why do you think the largest and oldest BB federation the IFBB is losing shows now and the biggest show they have the Olympia is getting worse and worse each year.  It's time a change in the postive direction Wayne and the PDI are heading that way.

Take a chill pill, onlyme ::)

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 04:43:06 AM »

I think it will do badly as well, which is a shame b/ cI think Lee Proest is a good guy.  Bob was right on the money when he said that there in not enough of a fan base to justify two bodybuilding companies.

RHINO290

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 07:23:19 AM »
I think it will do badly as well, which is a shame b/ cI think Lee Proest is a good guy.  Bob was right on the money when he said that there in not enough of a fan base to justify two bodybuilding companies.

There is plenty of fanbase, especially the fans that the ifbb has lost. If I had a nickel for every person who has told me they are not going to the olympia, because they already know who the top 5 are. Plus, people cannot relate, nor do they think, bodybuilders like Ronnie and Jay are atractive(I think they are awesome) bu the general public think it's ugly.

PDI is going to get that crowd back in the seats, with bodybuilding entertainment. The women, and others who we have lost.

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 07:46:53 AM »
Who knows, time will tell. But it is making for interesting troll threads on getbig, and that is by far the most entertaining thing about pro bodybuilding  ;D.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 07:48:34 AM »
I think once they get it ironed out that IFBB pro's can compete in both, then both will make each other better.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 07:57:17 AM »
Competition is good. Maybe we can get back to decent physiques without the damm GH that killing pro BB. How many guys look better then the BB's from the 80' and 90's. They may not be as big but overall package.? Some of the guys with pro cards boggle the mind, Greg Kovacs? He's an extreme example but it's gotten out of hand. I'm not saying PDI will change anything but I have read they will change the judging. Hopefully that will change the look of the current crop of guys. It's just like the line in Donnie Brasco about the same 10 guys chasing the same nickle. Hopefully this will spread the cash around and give more guys a real chance.
L

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 08:00:57 AM »
Alexxx after you conquer the Olympia , do you think that you may go over to PDI and win the newly named Mr. Olymp-d-i
L

RHINO290

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 08:01:26 AM »
Competition is good. Maybe we can get back to decent physiques without the damm GH that killing pro BB. How many guys look better then the BB's from the 80' and 90's. They may not be as big but overall package.? Some of the guys with pro cards boggle the mind, Greg Kovacs? He's an extreme example but it's gotten out of hand. I'm not saying PDI will change anything but I have read they will change the judging. Hopefully that will change the look of the current crop of guys. It's just like the line in Donnie Brasco about the same 10 guys chasing the same nickle. Hopefully this will spread the cash around and give more guys a real chance.

Yes, this is exactly what the PDI is about.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 08:03:47 AM »
Yes, this is exactly what the PDI is about.

This is probably why you have seen bodybuilding go from being at its peak in the early 90's to what it is today.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 08:05:30 AM »
There is plenty of fanbase, especially the fans that the ifbb has lost. If I had a nickel for every person who has told me they are not going to the olympia, because they already know who the top 5 are. Plus, people cannot relate, nor do they think, bodybuilders like Ronnie and Jay are atractive(I think they are awesome) bu the general public think it's ugly.

PDI is going to get that crowd back in the seats, with bodybuilding entertainment. The women, and others who we have lost.

Bro...

If you "had a NICKLE for every person that told you they werent going to the Olympia..."you would....ahhhh...Have a lot of NiCKLES! ;D

thisiskeith12

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 08:07:46 AM »
Bro...

If you "had a NICKLE for every person that told you they werent going to the Olympia..."you would....ahhhh...Have a lot of NiCKLES! ;D

"how about his friend, george washington?"

"oh, someone else wants to come out and play, it's thomas jefferson"

Anyone guess what movie that's from?

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 08:10:10 AM »
One thing will determine their success: fair judging (well, at this point two things - if they even hold a contest, being the second).