Author Topic: Do Professional Bodybuilders show a propensity towards domestic abuse?  (Read 6489 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
I've heard recently that a few well known Pros. have beat their wives or girlfriends and it got me wondering if statistically bodybuilders are more likely to be involved with domestic abuse than other professions.

If you really think about it, combining the drugs, the egos, the incredible stress the body is under getting in shape for a show and the humiliating way some bodybuilders have to make money then it's no wonder abuse happens.

Also, the field of Pros. is so small that even 4 or 5 abusers would be a relatively high percentage.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I know of 4 or 5 off the top of my head... sad.  I think the personality weighs in just as much as the gear/test levels. 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
I think that's probably a good point, it certainly does take a distinct personality type to want to do all that is required to be a Professional Bodybuilder.

karasan

• Getbig IV
IFBB Pro Ray McNeill was beating his wife,then she blew his lil' brain with a shotgun...
Sometimes life is fair, ain't it?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
I've heard recently that a few well known Pros. have beat their wives or girlfriends and it got me wondering if statistically bodybuilders are more likely to be involved with domestic abuse than other professions.

If you really think about it, combining the drugs, the egos, the incredible stress the body is under getting in shape for a show and the humiliating way some bodybuilders have to make money then it's no wonder abuse happens.

Also, the field of Pros. is so small that even 4 or 5 abusers would be a relatively high percentage.

Roid rage!  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
IFBB Pro Ray McNeill was beating his wife,then she blew his lil' brain with a shotgun...
Sometimes life is fair, ain't it?

Anyone who beats their spouse is a bag of crap who deserves a pretty good beating himself.... but the reason Sally is in prison right now is that the jury doesn't believe it's worthy of an execution.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Roid rage!  ;)

I think that certainly plays a part but I don't think it's the full explanation. I think the journey to becoming a Pro and staying a Pro breaks down whatever moral compass was there to begin with.

Shawn Ray immediately comes to mind with his involvement with VYO-Tech and their sponsorship of that kid Little Hercules.

Why the hell would a bodybuilding supplement company pay a 14 year old to represent them? Does Ray need money so badly that he sees nothing wrong with it? The kid was force fed steroids by his father when he was 7 or 8 years old.

Think about that for a second, a 7 or 8 year old on test. It's a disgrace.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
they are just people like the rest of us and can fall victim to domestic abuse and other things just like anyone else who cant control their tempers at times
R

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
they are just people like the rest of us and can fall victim to domestic abuse and other things just like anyone else who cant control their tempers at times

I would guess on a percentage basis Professional Bodybuilders are far more likely to be domestic abusers than almost any other profession.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
I think it does, definetly...  but I also agree that personality has as much to do with it as anything else. There's a great quote about steroids "if you were an asshole before, you'll be an even bigger asshole on steroids" 

DK II

• Getbig V
I think it does, definetly...  but I also agree that personality has as much to do with it as anything else. There's a great quote about steroids "if you were an asshole before, you'll be an even bigger asshole on steroids" 

Totally agree on this one. That is why i stay natural. I don't want to imagine me having a M E L T down  on Roids.

(edit> why the fuck can't you write m.e.l.t.d.o.w.n. ???)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
I think that certainly plays a part but I don't think it's the full explanation. I think the journey to becoming a Pro and staying a Pro breaks down whatever moral compass was there to begin with.

Shawn Ray immediately comes to mind with his involvement with VYO-Tech and their sponsorship of that kid Little Hercules.

Why the hell would a bodybuilding supplement company pay a 14 year old to represent them? Does Ray need money so badly that he sees nothing wrong with it? The kid was force fed steroids by his father when he was 7 or 8 years old.

Think about that for a second, a 7 or 8 year old on test. It's a disgrace.

You sound like you're jealous of a 14 year old ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
I would think that the frequency among bodybuilders would be roughly the same as in the general population. 

But as many of us are well are, the types of chemicals used by bodybuilders have a tendency to enhance what's already inside a person, be that good or bad. 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  You sound like you're jealous of a 14 year old ::)

Hi Lucius, please don't post in my threads. I asked a serious question and your postwhoring isn't adding anything of substance. Thank you.

Hope this helps.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Hi Lucius, please don't post in my threads. Thank you.

Hope this helps.

I'm not saying that you are. It's just that it seems like it. If you aren't, just let me know. I trust you.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Hi Lucius, please don't post in my threads. I asked a serious question and your postwhoring isn't adding anything of substance. Thank you.

Hope this helps.

Bump

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Bump

What did the Little Hercules comment have to do with bodybuilders and domestic violence? You're calling me a postwhore when you just typed "bump". The irony is delicious ::)

walking sculpture

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
I know one pro that wrestles his wife to the ground and holds here there until she crys... Is that domestic abuse?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
I know one pro that wrestles his wife to the ground and holds here there until she crys... Is that domestic abuse?

For some reason this seems funny ;D I know it shouldn't, though :-\

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  What did the Little Hercules comment have to do with bodybuilders and domestic violence? You're calling me a postwhore when you just typed "bump". The irony is delicious ::)

I'm asking nicely, please don't post in my threads. Your posts add less than nothing.

And if you can't see the moral similarity between domestic abuse and exploiting a 14 year old that was force fed steroids as a 7 year old then I think you need to either smack your parents for passing on those genes or sue whatever college or university that you're paying to educate you.

Also, there is no irony in someone with far less than 700 posts in two years bumping a quote asking you who has nearly 6000 posts in 6 weeks to not post in a thread. See above regarding slapping your parents or suing your college or university because of your lack of intelligence and comprehension.  

Either way please stop posting in my threads, you add nothing and this is a serious topic.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
I'm asking nicely, please don't post in my threads. Your posts add less than nothing.

And if you can't see the moral similarity between domestic abuse and exploiting a 14 year old that was force fed steroids as a 7 year old then I think you need to either smack your parents for passing on those genes or sue whatever college or university that you're paying to educate you.

Also, there is no irony in someone with far less than 700 posts in two years bumping a quote asking you who has nearly 6000 posts in 6 weeks to not post in a thread. See above regarding slapping your parents or suing your college or university because of your lack of intelligence and comprehension.  

Either way please stop posting in my threads, you add nothing and this is a serious topic.

I think we should also explore the habits of lower tier bodybuilders. Although it seems like top tier ones are likely to be abusive, what about the guys who do it as a hobby, with no intention of winning, or perhaps even of placing well? I think we should also keep in mind that wealthier athletes may be able to use money to keep some minor problems under wraps.

DK II

• Getbig V

I didn't know things like this existed on this board.  :o

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
I didn't know things like this existed on this board.  :o

He has some sort of beef with Alexxx and I ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
Maybe you should also consider if winners are less abusive than losers.

winning a Mr. Olympia should let you jerk off and laugh in the face of illness and death, not to mention winning 8 Olympias.

What about losing every contest you compete in? Will it make you more brutal and depressive, will you blame it on the roids and take more and more making you even more aggressive?

DK II

• Getbig V
He has some sort of beef with Alexxx and I ;D

That is not true! I like funny guys, and laughing is far better than cardio.

I just think that tickling the right places may result in a better way to lose fat for me.  ;D ;D