Author Topic: Gut Control  (Read 13000 times)

ether

• Getbig IV
Gut Control
« on: May 12, 2006, 10:37:17 AM »
I was flipping through the new MD at the local bookstore and came accross and interview with Ronnie C.

He was asked how he kept his gut under control for this past olympia and he said that it was thanks to weider (Joe) advice to wear his weight belt for every excercise and to keep his stomach tight all day, ie. while driving, watching tv etc....

Obviously we all know he still had a pretty huge gut this time around, but I thought that it was significantly improved from the last time. Can the weight belt really make that big of a difference?

Also he said that he cut back his off season calories so that he wouldn't get as fat, but, ended up weighing more than the previous year with less fat and a calorie reduced diet.

HOW THE FUCC IS THAT POSSIBLE???????? ............ Unless he upped the Insulin, GH.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: Gut Control
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 11:30:44 AM »
Obviously we all know he still had a pretty huge gut this time around, but I thought that it was significantly improved from the last time. Can the weight belt really make that big of a difference?

the reason for the distended abdomen is one of two things:   GH causing the internal organs to grow, or insulin causing an increase in fat between the organs within the abdomen.   once the organs grow, not much you can do to make them small again.  I wonder if stopping the insulin allows the intra abdominal fat to dissipate.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 11:39:56 AM »
I pondered the gut question before (whether insulin or GH was mostly to blame), and even posted it one a few message boards with no real answers. It was just recently I found at least an answer - GH.  I have a friend at the gym who takes just about everything, he wants to turn pro. I always assumed he did slin, but I found our recently he doesn’t. He's got a huge gut, to where it sticks out past his chest, and very low bodyfat. He's been doing GH for over 2 years straight.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 11:43:47 AM »
 I think the intestinal growth thing is BS. They may grow a little, but not enough to be the source of massive guts.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 11:56:42 AM »
I'm actually not sure if GH is to blame for Ronnies gut, or if he is just bloated because he is carrying more muscle than he should to remain huge without a pleasant waist and abs.

I still can't believe that you can win a bodybuilding contest with a gut!

Say what you want about levrone but, he never was caught with his gut hanging out alla Ronnie or Yates on stage.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 11:58:46 AM »
I'm actually not sure if GH is to blame for Ronnies gut, or if he is just bloated because he is carrying more muscle than he should to remain huge with a pleasant waist and abs.

I still can't believe that you can with a bodybuilding contest with a gut!

Say what you want about levrone but, he never was caught with his gut hanging out alla Ronnie or Yates on stage.

That's true, but big guts imply power so they shouldn't be marked down as much as a weak bodypart.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 12:22:52 PM »
I think the intestinal growth thing is BS. They may grow a little, but not enough to be the source of massive guts.

Wrong, they grow big time with heavy usage of GH, just like the jaw. Where did you think all the guts came from?
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 12:27:29 PM »
it kind of grosses me out if you think about it, that has to be so unhealthy, all the gH makes the sport look even worse...sorry, not really a sport but you know what I mean
X

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 01:00:59 PM »
GH would be great if they didn't abuse it. In low doses, it's fantastic with no noticable sides. The problem is, these guys are taking massive dosages because they can since it doesn't kill them (yet). I've love to know the dosage of an average pro, anybody know?
tiny-tit bounty hunter

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 01:03:33 PM »
Wrong, they grow big time with heavy usage of GH, just like the jaw. Where did you think all the guts came from?

People had guts before gh and I have a gut and I have never used it. They used to be called roid guts before gh use took off. Don't forget that.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 01:12:19 PM »
  People had guts before gh and I have a gut and I have never used it. They used to be called roid guts before gh use took off. Don't forget that.

Ok, whatever. Think what you want to think.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 01:14:15 PM »

Show me a pic of a pro or top amateur bodybuilder with a gut prior to the late 1980s or early 1990s.  Bodybuilders used massive amounts of steroids back then, but the "roid gut" didn't show up until they started using GH and insulin.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 01:20:51 PM »
MD did a very thorough article on this a couple months back. Based on what I read, Dingleberry and Mr. Fogarty both know what they're talking about so pay attention to what they say.

The only thing that surprised me in this month's issue of MD is that according to Dave Polumbo, Insulin is LEGAL in the US. He said you can get it at any pharmacy without a prescription. You have to ask for it becuase its usually refrigerated in back. The one bb use is called Humilin. Is this true????

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »
I hate gun control wacko's.  2nd Amendment, baby!! ;D

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 01:27:54 PM »

Pro bodybuilding of 70's-80's ,steroids no gut

mid 90's and today steroids plus GH big gut.

Wake up

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 01:29:42 PM »
lets not only blame GH .. it may be as simple as eatin massive amounts of food year round !

modern bodybuilders have to attain rediculous bodyweight to be competitive .. especially in the off season .. and thats a modern phenomena especially since dorian.

when i bulk my gut goes massive .. and i wouldnt dream of touchin GH ... and it stays massive ... past my chest with bulgin obliques. and thats on a scrawny 4500 to 5000 cal per day diet. these f'uckers pig out on obscene amounts of food  and protein which must bloat them out of all proportion.

i think if bodybuilders were allowed to compete at the sane sizes of 70s and 80s they wouldnt have to be gluttons .. i dont care how much you ripp up .. when your gut is forced out like that from internal ingestation of massive diets .. it just dont go back down .. it is infact trained outwards.

hope this helps ...

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 01:30:59 PM »
Show me a pic of a pro or top amateur bodybuilder with a gut prior to the late 1980s or early 1990s.  Bodybuilders used massive amounts of steroids back then, but the "roid gut" didn't show up until they started using GH and insulin.

It's well known that Mentzer had a gut in the 1979 Mr. Olympia.  ::) If gh causes guts then why do I have one? ::)

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 01:33:41 PM »
I think there wasnt such a focus on eating like a large family back then.  Guys these days pack away so much food is it any wonder hey have big guts offseason?  Even around contest time they are so large they are still packing away quite a few meals a day.  Thats going to have an effect on the size of someones gut.
[img]http://ima

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 01:39:27 PM »
MD did a very thorough article on this a couple months back. Based on what I read, Dingleberry and Mr. Fogarty both know what they're talking about so pay attention to what they say.

The only thing that surprised me in this month's issue of MD is that according to Dave Polumbo, Insulin is LEGAL in the US. He said you can get it at any pharmacy without a prescription. You have to ask for it becuase its usually refrigerated in back. The one bb use is called Humilin. Is this true????

Yeah, I couldn't believe that when I read it.

I am a physician in Canada, i'm not certain about the US, but in Canada for certain insulin is available only by prescription....thank god.

Taking too much would certainly result in very low blood glucose, hypoglycemic shock and at the extreme death.

Humulin (or Humalog) is the very fast acting Insulin (which can be taken immediately prior to meals) rather than long lasting insulin like NPH or Lente.

I couldn't believe that Palumbo was giving this advice to readers (along with dosages for GH) I personally was insulted and disgusted by this, and the editors of this magazine should be ashamed, and held personally accountable for any person who follows this felon's advice and ends up causing serious damage to their lives and health.

That being said, i have to agree with prime and say that the massive amounts of food these "athletes" consume results in the distention we are seeing now, in addition to the GH, Roids and slin.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 01:41:51 PM »
Ronnie and any other BBer with gut control issues should be using "'cat-backs" and other exercises like them where you squeeze the belly button toward the spine and squeeze...

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 01:45:58 PM »
lets not only blame GH .. it may be as simple as eatin massive amounts of food year round !

modern bodybuilders have to attain rediculous bodyweight to be competitive .. especially in the off season .. and thats a modern phenomena especially since dorian.

when i bulk my gut goes massive .. and i wouldnt dream of touchin GH ... and it stays massive ... past my chest with bulgin obliques. and thats on a scrawny 4500 to 5000 cal per day diet. these f'uckers pig out on obscene amounts of food  and protein which must bloat them out of all proportion.

i think if bodybuilders were allowed to compete at the sane sizes of 70s and 80s they wouldnt have to be gluttons .. i dont care how much you ripp up .. when your gut is forced out like that from internal ingestation of massive diets .. it just dont go back down .. it is infact trained outwards.

hope this helps ...

Eat all you want :fat belly

Use GH : huge muscular belly

I hope you can see "something there"

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 01:52:43 PM »
It's well known that Mentzer had a gut in the 1979 Mr. Olympia.

No, it is not well known.  Show me a pic where he has a distended abdomen similar to the pros today.

If gh causes guts then why do I have one?

Are you a competition bodybuilder with 3% bodyfat?    If not, then you're simply fat.  Or perhaps you're on meds that cause an increase in intra abdominal fat.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 01:58:40 PM »
Yeah... I don't think guts like those today existed prior to the 1990s....

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 02:18:03 PM »

Yes, anyone can buy humilin but not humalog (see below for differences)

I am a physician in Canada, i'm not certain about the US, but in Canada for certain insulin is available only by prescription....thank god.

As an American I would need a script to buy Humalog (lasts 2 hours, preferred since it’s out of the system sooner)  in the US,  but I could order it from a Canadian pharmacy all day long. A ton of people do.

Humulin (lasts 4 hours) is available to anyone without a script in the US.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 02:23:13 PM »
Yes, anyone can buy humilin but not humalog (see below for differences)
As an American I would need a script to buy Humalog (lasts 2 hours, preferred since it’s out of the system sooner)  in the US,  but I could order it from a Canadian pharmacy all day long. A ton of people do.

Humulin (lasts 4 hours) is available to anyone without a script in the US.

You're correct. Humalog lasts 4 hours, but its' peak action is 30 minutes after injection. Therefore it is used as a pre prandial insulin (rapid acting, similar to Lispro and Regular Toronto). Longer formulations such as Lente and NPH have their peak after about 8 hours and last for over 14 hours.

As for being able to get Insulin from canadian pharmacies all day long, i'm not sure about that, but it sounds highly embelished. Typically canadian pharmacies will only ship drugs to the US if the prescriptions have been co-signed by a canadian physician.

It's doubtfull the college would approve of co-signing insulin scripts.