Author Topic: Gut Control  (Read 12999 times)

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
Re: Gut Control
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 02:32:59 PM »
As for being able to get Insulin from canadian pharmacies all day long, i'm not sure about that, but it sounds highly embelished. Typically canadian pharmacies will only ship drugs to the US if the prescriptions have been co-signed by a canadian physician.

It's true, no embellishment here. Well, a little with the "all day long" statement.  The only limitation is you can only buy so much per any given time period. I don’t know the specifics, but it’s enough to keep a real diabetic satisfied, and that's more than a body builder would use.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 02:38:20 PM »
That's crazy.

I mean, I had heard long time ago that they were using insulin....but....just seems a little over the top.

That could very well explain why they are getting the guts, build up of adipose tissue in the abdomenal viscera.....that is disgusting man.

I wonder if those "weird lumps" we see on bb'ers is their insulin injection sites, they are known to develop scar tissue after repeated injection, of course could also be the gear injection sites.

Man, I would love to see an abdominal CT of Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler, just to see how much fat lines their intestines.....

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 03:33:46 PM »
I wonder if those "weird lumps" we see on bb'ers is their insulin injection sites, they are known to develop scar tissue after repeated injection, of course could also be the gear injection sites.

no.  those are fatty tumors that we all have that are just visible on these guys when they have so little fat under the skin

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 03:48:51 PM »
Visceral fat is the first fat to go on a diet. Maybe this changes in enhanced athletes to a degree but I doubt there is much visceral fat in a contest ready bodybuilder.

The main reason for the gut in contest shape is simple water retention. Why do you think they are carb loading with Vitargo, and some according to rumors use glucose drips? Because that way you don't pull as much water into the intestines. The high GH doses can cause massive water retention in the area.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2006, 03:54:57 PM »
No, it is not well known.  Show me a pic where he has a distended abdomen similar to the pros today.

Are you a competition bodybuilder with 3% bodyfat?    If not, then you're simply fat.  Or perhaps you're on meds that cause an increase in intra abdominal fat.

It is pretty well known to anyone familiar with that era of bodybuilding. Perhaps you are more of an expert on different eras. And no, I'm not fat ::) I have permanent abs, but I do get distention which I can suck back into abs when I want. Am I on gh? ::)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2006, 05:20:55 PM »
but I do get distention which I can suck back into abs when I want. Am I on gh? ::)

the guys with GH gut can't suck it in if their life depended on it.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2006, 05:24:11 PM »
its the heavy and excessive leg training that builds the guts...im telling you.   ;D

it pushes out the abdominal wall.....the belt just helps keep it in.   plus, he had said that he started his diet earlier and sacrificed some extra pounds of musscle to come in with a tiny gut.     
d[-_-]b actin all cool

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2006, 05:26:04 PM »
the guys with GH gut can't suck it in if their life depended on it.

Ronnie sure as hell can suck his in and so can Jay.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2006, 05:29:12 PM »
These are still the best pictures I know of

thisiskeith12

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2006, 05:29:57 PM »

Jay works on his moreso than Ronnie. But granted when they both relax their abs, their guts show.  :'(

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 05:30:45 PM »
Jay works on his moreso than Ronnie. But granted when they both relax their abs, their guts show.  :'(

Jay's is more wide than anything. Ronnie's just flies straight out ;D

thisiskeith12

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 05:33:54 PM »
  Jay's is more wide than anything. Ronnie's just flies straight out ;D

Ronnie's does seem to almost jump at you.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 05:35:04 PM »
Ronnie's does seem to almost jump at you.

I'd like to know what's in there, but I'm not sure that Ronnie even knows ;D

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 05:36:55 PM »
lets not only blame GH .. it may be as simple as eatin massive amounts of food year round !

modern bodybuilders have to attain rediculous bodyweight to be competitive .. especially in the off season .. and thats a modern phenomena especially since dorian.

when i bulk my gut goes massive .. and i wouldnt dream of touchin GH ... and it stays massive ... past my chest with bulgin obliques. and thats on a scrawny 4500 to 5000 cal per day diet. these f'uckers pig out on obscene amounts of food  and protein which must bloat them out of all proportion.

i think if bodybuilders were allowed to compete at the sane sizes of 70s and 80s they wouldnt have to be gluttons .. i dont care how much you ripp up .. when your gut is forced out like that from internal ingestation of massive diets .. it just dont go back down .. it is infact trained outwards.

hope this helps ...

Exactly look at the diets of 70's and 80's bodybuilders their diets were smaller and not as many calories at once as today or over eating periods, dont try to kid yourself they they did not use gh,lol.

Dan no telling how many pounds of undigested food is in some of the bodybuilders today, also take a look at the protein shakes of today verse then and total calories,
Then....rheo blairs protein 25 grams of protein, zero carbs around 15 grams of fat coming from whipping cream.
Then later milk protein...casein protein...then, protein mixes...then whey,  most bodybuilders made their own, shakes with powder milk ice cream and milk, not taking it over 500 calories.
Today....you have bodybuilders piling in over 1500 calorie shakes, walking around like they are fixing to pop or.and throw up.

Food has alot to do with it back then a word called moderation actually had a meaning and was applied, today more is better,so with it comes guts alot of them.

no way can you put over 250 pounds on a person low bodyfat also and them not have some sort of "protrusion"

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006, 05:38:10 PM »
These are still the best pictures I know of

Monster "Athlete"

thisiskeith12

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2006, 05:41:08 PM »
I'd like to know what's in there, but I'm not sure that Ronnie even knows ;D

Live Chickens! :o

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2006, 05:42:13 PM »

they could not do a vacuum pose.  that was a pretty standard pose back in the day

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2006, 05:43:10 PM »
they could not do a vacuum pose.  that was a pretty standard pose back in the day

Jay can do a semi-vacuum :-\. Ronnie can't do anything close to a vacuum. :'(

thisiskeith12

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2006, 05:44:44 PM »
  Jay can do a semi-vacuum :-\. Ronnie can't do anything close to a vacuum. :'(

Bob has a mean vacuum.  ;D

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2006, 05:49:57 PM »
Exactly look at the diets of 70's and 80's bodybuilders their diets were smaller and not as many calories at once as today or over eating periods,

all you have to do is read the old magazines to see that the top bodybuilders ate massive amounts of food

dont try to kid yourself they they did not use gh,lol.

you might have been able to get a few dozen IUs back in the early 1980s, but it was prohibitively expensive.  one short course of GH is not going to cause a GH gut.  it wasn't until synthetic rHGH became available in the late 1980s that bodybuilders could get it in quantity.  And it wasn't until the early 1990s that they started using large doses with insulin.  and that's when GH gut started appearing

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006, 05:52:49 PM »
all you have to do is read the old magazines to see that the top bodybuilders ate massive amounts of food

you might have been able to get a few dozen IUs back in the early 1980s, but it was prohibitively expensive.  one short course of GH is not going to cause a GH gut.  it wasn't until synthetic rHGH became available in the late 1980s that bodybuilders could get it in quantity.  And it wasn't until the early 1990s that they started using large doses with insulin.  and that's when GH gut started appearing

Mike Mentzer had a gh gut at the 1979 Mr. Olympia ::)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2006, 06:03:23 PM »

as I said before, prove it.  show a pic

that you claim that you have a gh gut but have never used gh (so therefore gh mustn't cause gh gut) indicates that you can't even tell the difference between a relaxed stomach, a protruding stomach, and a distended stomach.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2006, 06:07:14 PM »

that you claim that you have a gh gut but have never used gh (so therefore gh mustn't cause gh gut) indicates that you can't even tell the difference between a relaxed stomach, a protruding stomach, and a distended stomach.

I don't think he was being serious, I think he was being sarcastic while making a point as well. Try reading into it a bit more.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2006, 06:10:47 PM »

I'm not saying that gh can't cause some gut mass increases, I'm saying that it's not the only thing. I'm serious about Mentzer having the gut. That is one of the things Arnold argued with Mentzer about at the 1980 Mr. Olympia. I'm not going to post a pic. You can read about it yourself.

cqfd

• Getbig II
  • cylindrical waists suck!
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2006, 06:18:47 PM »

And then it totally disappeared at the 80 olympia  ::)
I don't remember the story about mentzer in 79 but his gut problem can't be compared with the kind the pros experience today.
Didn't he over eat after the prejudging or something like that?