Author Topic: Colorado Pro/Am Classic report (pics included)/Results/Reports & Predictions  (Read 20976 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Colorado Pro Final Top Five Results
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2006, 07:43:54 AM »
A Christian bodybuilder wins yet another pro show. Good job Phil.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Re: Colorado Pro/Am Classic report (pics included)
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2006, 07:48:06 AM »
Yes, Phil may have have his hands full against the larger olympia competitors.  He isn't real wide as previously mentioned and has a relatively high chest.  But he just has so many great bodyparts, everything flows, full muscle bellies, aesthetic physique, great balance, fantastic quads....that it outweights the mild width issue.  Great to hear he has said he plans on being "a few lbs better...not necessarily a few lbs heavier".  Thats smart.  Fill up your physique and structrure but keep it aesthetic and the shape that is winning contests for him.  Phil is probably not a guy that will compete at 250lbs and retain the genetic gifts he has.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2006, 07:54:15 AM »
1) Phil Heath $25,000
2) Darrem Charles $10,000
3) David Henry $5,000
4) Marcus Haley $3,000
5) Bill Wilmore  $2,000

Six to Ten (in no order yet)

Gary Strydom
Rodney St. Cloud
Johnny Moya
Troy Alves
Jason Arntz

It will be three rookie pro debut athletes that will make the top five tonight!

Who qualifies for the Mr. Olympia, the top 3 or the top 5?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2006, 08:00:39 AM »
Judges got it right by picking Phil Health - Weider's new golden boy
 no surprise here - it was like this show was created to be the coronation of PH
 being in his hometown all - this will be more evident next year if this show doesn't happen - or happens elsewhere - I'm sure many pros who would of have been a bigger challenge smelled a rat from day one and decided to sit this one out -

And had Charles or Henry won it, some people would be complaining about the MuscleTech boys winning the show.

Peter McGough has a funny editorial page in the May 2006 issue of FLEX, in which he speaks of the evil, manipulative conspiring plot of the IFBB pro judges to "stick it" to Lee Priest by......having him win the 2006 IronMan, with straight FIRST-PLACE votes.  :o

I just don't get. When Alex Federov, the last alleged Weider "golden boy" (although that tag literally fits him, due to that shiny paint job he has on his physique, when he competes), fell flat at the 2005 Olympia after his 2nd-place finish at the 2004 Russian Grand Prix, a number of poster laughed it up. What glee! Another Weider "golden boy" crashed and burned.

Phil Heath, who is also a Weider-contracted athlete, wins his first pro show (looking terrific from the pics I've seen), and the conspiracy theories can't seem to pop up fast enough.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2006, 08:01:57 AM »
Tre, Filho did look good.  What place was he?  Actually...I was thinking of the guy from Italy (Bengali).  I thought he looked very good.

Anyone see how different Jason's shoulders looked?  They didn't overshadow his physique this time.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2006, 08:52:11 AM »
I guess calves mean nothing in bodybuilding.
N

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2006, 08:58:39 AM »
At this show, however, Dave Henry beat both Phil and Darrem.  That's my call and I'm sticking to it, regardless of the fact that the judges have Dave in 3rd behind the other two taller guys. 

Yes! David Henry is the uncrowned champion!
Lee

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
Re: Colorado Pro Six Through Ten Results
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2006, 09:22:10 AM »
I think that was the point.
   Oh really ??? Thanks Goatboy, I didn't realize that ::)

Vegas Buffets Rule!!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2006, 10:50:40 AM »
David Henry really looks like a child next to Phil and Darrem.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Colorado Pro Prejudging - Reports & Predictions
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2006, 12:01:16 PM »
Even Ron admitted yesterday that being a VYO athlete is definitely an advantage.

Hey, on an unrelated note, I wonder why it took 15 minutes to tally the judges scores.

It always amazes me how long it takes for scores to be added.  The longer it takes the more it looks like the judging is fixed.  What amazes me is how much this show from the start had Heath winning.  How many times did Chic say something about Heath winning or something to the affect there is no way he is going to lose.  When it takes that long to count the judging it looks more and more like maybe Heath didn't win but he is theone they wanted to win.  Who knows, theIFBB has been shady about judging for a long time, so nothing would be surprising.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2006, 12:48:27 PM »
the appearance of deliberation is the biggest joke

MrUniverse

• Getbig III
  • Get bigger than the average Joe!!!
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2006, 12:57:44 PM »
Benagli deserved better than 11 place.

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2006, 03:30:26 PM »
Yes! David Henry is the uncrowned champion!

David Henry is a great champion. He looked amazing as usual but lacked the stage presence that Darrem and Phil had IMO.

This show hwas a great one. It had 3 rookies that placed top 5.

Congrats to Phil!!!
JM

GN138

• Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2006, 08:57:21 AM »
It always amazes me how long it takes for scores to be added.  The longer it takes the more it looks like the judging is fixed.  What amazes me is how much this show from the start had Heath winning.  How many times did Chic say something about Heath winning or something to the affect there is no way he is going to lose.  When it takes that long to count the judging it looks more and more like maybe Heath didn't win but he is theone they wanted to win.  Who knows, theIFBB has been shady about judging for a long time, so nothing would be surprising.

Dude, you should stop flapping your gums. You weren't there so you know nothing. I was able to speak to most of the judging panel and Darrem was the favorite to win. I didn't hear any of the judges talking much about Phil in the morning. In fact, I even heard the phrase "he needs to pay his dues" thrown around at some point, not sure if it was the judges saying that or not but I heard it from someone up in that area. If there was a "fix" then Darrem would have won.

Sorry to distract you. You can go eat your tub of ice cream now, fat boy.  ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2006, 10:50:25 AM »
Dude, you should stop flapping your gums. You weren't there so you know nothing. I was able to speak to most of the judging panel and Darrem was the favorite to win. I didn't hear any of the judges talking much about Phil in the morning. In fact, I even heard the phrase "he needs to pay his dues" thrown around at some point, not sure if it was the judges saying that or not but I heard it from someone up in that area. If there was a "fix" then Darrem would have won.

Sorry to distract you. You can go eat your tub of ice cream now, fat boy.  ;D

Whay are talking about stickman.  Yea you talked to the judging panel.  You are so full of crap.  You heard nothing from some guy.  Where did I say it was a fix.  You have to read before flapping your gums.  READ and comprehend.  The basics, learn them before you embarrass yourself again. 

GN138

• Getbig II
That's funny dude...you're trying to make me look like I'm stupid, yet you can barely spell. Keep on keeping on. Stickman...ha!

I'm full of crap...yeah, I sure am tough guy. Ha ha! I'm an NPC judge and we sat up front and interacted with the IFBB Pro judges all weekend.

If you want to know anything about the judges just ask. I am not biased one bit and will tell you the truth. Unfortunately, you won't believe anything I say anyway. Nice work on the "Military" presence at the event too...great job!  ::)

Bones

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2006, 01:25:27 PM »
  I wonder if they score with pencil or with ink ???
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2006, 07:48:53 PM »

I think you confuse a sly , well coordinated conspiracy for incompetent , bumbling fools hehehe
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
That's funny dude...you're trying to make me look like I'm stupid, yet you can barely spell. Keep on keeping on. Stickman...ha!

I'm full of crap...yeah, I sure am tough guy. Ha ha! I'm an NPC judge and we sat up front and interacted with the IFBB Pro judges all weekend.

If you want to know anything about the judges just ask. I am not biased one bit and will tell you the truth. Unfortunately, you won't believe anything I say anyway. Nice work on the "Military" presence at the event too...great job!  ::)

Your an NPC judge and I'm Jim Manion.  Getting the judges water is not considered interacting.  And don't talk to me about the military presence.  Talk to Jeff and Sean who waited more than a week to get back to the military liason to setup everything.  In addition, of the miltary liason having putting everything together and waiting to explain everything to Jeff and Sean with no response after several emails, he got called on special assignment to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. So again you look stupid by pretending you know what you are talking about.  Can you get me some water please.  I can't spell.

GN138

• Getbig II
Ha ha! Whatever dude. My head was right in front of the camera for the online feed. I don't care what you think.

Anyway, I think it's funny that YOU think we need any help from you. We have a strong Military presence in the local CO BBing scene. One of our largest shows is a Military type BBing show and has a ton of talent. We're already "in" with the Military people here in CO.

When we need help in getting out of shape, or for putting on a competitive eating contest, we'll call you.  ;D

In all seriousness, if you're ever out in CO give me a PM and I'll hook you up with front row tickets as that is one of the perks in being a Judge. That way you can actually see what the judges are seeing instead of what you think you see sitting 100 feet back.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Ha ha! Whatever dude. My head was right in front of the camera for the online feed. I don't care what you think.

Anyway, I think it's funny that YOU think we need any help from you. We have a strong Military presence in the local CO BBing scene. One of our largest shows is a Military type BBing show and has a ton of talent. We're already "in" with the Military people here in CO.

When we need help in getting out of shape, or for putting on a competitive eating contest, we'll call you.  ;D

In all seriousness, if you're ever out in CO give me a PM and I'll hook you up with front row tickets as that is one of the perks in being a Judge. That way you can actually see what the judges are seeing instead of what you think you see sitting 100 feet back.
::)

GN138

• Getbig II
What are you rolling your eyes at?  ::)

Bones

• Getbig IV
Re: Colorado Pro/Am Classic report
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2006, 09:49:37 AM »
Look at his face! He's either got the worst sunburn known to man, or he's doing his Don Youngblood imitation.

Maybe there's a good reason most pros retire by 40?

Let's hope Gary doesn't end up like ol' Don.  :-\
  He's flexing...what do you expect...you probably look the same way when grut'n out a big shit :D
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

GN138

• Getbig II
I don't think Gary looked that bad in person, as far as the red face goes. He did need to work on his posing, back and left shoulder though.

I thought he looked rather healthy.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears

That was your head.  I swear we were watching the show and that and thought the cameraman was flashing his girlfriend.  And if you have so much military presence why did you imply there was no military there (or hardly any).  My friend was hooking Sean and Jeff up with voluteers, recruiters with booths, a color guard and I think the person who sang the national anthem.  Why didn't you do all that since you have the connections.  And do you think being a NPC judge is something special.  Please, I have been doing this since 1990.  Get out while you still can with some dignity.  Don't go telling people you are a NPC judge, all that will do is get youmade fun of.  You should knwo this by now.

And actually I don't like sitting in the front.  I like walking around and saying hi to my friends that are at the shows.  And hey I had front rows seats to the 2000 and 2001 Olympia.  And they were free.  I made the shirts for the Olympia those years.  So sorry to hear about your NPC Judgeitis.  Hopefully you will get that fixed before it turns into IFBB Judgeitis which is next to death.

And by the way a eating contest would have drawn 10 times the amount of people you had this past weekend.  That is something you guys should think about.   Good idea you had.  The Hot Dog eating contest in Dallas Texas is a standalone contest done at the stadium.  It draws 40,000+ spectators all by itself.  Good idea.