Author Topic: Remembering Trevor Smith -- Nuclear Nutrition  (Read 26385 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Remembering Trevor Smith -- Nuclear Nutrition
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »
Remember wes, it will ONLY work if you get PROGRESSIVELY STRONGER and use GREATER AND GREATER TRAINING LOADS. IF THE LOADS STAY THE SAME, THEN THE MUSCLES STAY THE SAME.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2011, 01:03:29 PM »
Remember wes, it will ONLY work if you get PROGRESSIVELY STRONGER and use GREATER AND GREATER TRAINING LOADS. IF THE LOADS STAY THE SAME, THEN THE MUSCLES STAY THE SAME.
x2 great post.
175lbs by 31st July

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2011, 01:54:35 PM »
Thanks man ;) BTW, I not only say these things because they are true, but I also say them to keep my mind focused on the truth ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2011, 02:07:12 PM »
Thanks man ;) BTW, I not only say these things because they are true, but I also say them to keep my mind focused on the truth ;D

some people can't handle the truth though - especially getbiggers.
175lbs by 31st July

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2011, 02:07:23 PM »

I agree that you should always strive for progression -- for that additional rep and to increase resistance. Doing things continuously that are already easy will do nothing to stimulate an adaptive response. Why would it? As Jones use to say, you have to attempt the momentary impossible. But what I think you neglect is varying the stimulus. If you keep doing the same exercise year after year even if you are constantly striving for progression progress comes to a grinding halt. Dante/DoggCrap recognizes this and that's why suggests changing exercises/movements regularly.

The most knowledgeable and progressive thinker that I am aware of is Brian Johnson. He's a former Mentzer friend and disciple. They eventually parted ways causing resentment on Mike's part. He use to have a board forum and maybe still does. I've lost touched with him and the last time we shared private emails was over a year ago. He's mellowed a bit over the years as he use to have shades of Jone's impatience and arrogance. Check him out. You're a thinking man and you will find him very stimulating and provocative.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2011, 02:12:54 PM »
I agree that you should always strive for progression -- for that additional rep and to increase resistance. Doing things continuously that are already easy will do nothing to stimulate an adaptive response. Why would it? As Jones use to say, you have to attempt the momentary impossible. But what I think you neglect is varying the stimulus. If you keep doing the same exercise year after year even if you are constantly striving for progression progress comes to a grinding halt. Dante/DoggCrap recognizes this and that's why suggests changing exercises/movements regularly.

The most knowledgeable and progressive thinker that I am aware of is Brian Johnson. He's a former Mentzer friend and disciple. They eventually parted ways causing resentment on Mike's part. He use to have a board forum and maybe still does. I've lost touched with him and the last time we shared private emails was over a year ago. He's mellowed a bit over the years as he use to have shades of Jone's impatience and arrogance. Check him out. You're a thinking man and you will find him very stimulating and provocative.

Yes Brian is much like Arthur a bit abrasive but knowledgeable do you have a link to his site pelluis?

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2011, 02:14:12 PM »

they don't want to think

they want a simple answer

lift Y more = muscles X larger

1 calorie = 1 calorie

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2011, 02:24:20 PM »
I always keep my training progressive,but not always as far as adding weight to the bar/machine is concerned.

Lots of ways to keep it on the upswing ,but thanks for the tip Mr. Expert who looks like a bag of shit Fat Panda!

::)
HA HA HA HA A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA   ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2011, 02:28:24 PM »
I always keep my training progressive,but not always as far as adding weight to the bar/machine is concerned.

Lots of ways to keep it on the upswing ,but thanks for the tip Mr. Expert who looks like a bag of shit Fat Panda!

HA HA HA HA A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA   ;D

thats right when u take steroids you don't need any help.

175lbs by 31st July

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011, 02:35:35 PM »
Thanks pellius, and yeah I'm pretty fimiliar with Brian's work. The thing is I think that Trevor is really on to something with this PFT, but the major problem with it is that it is highly impractical, because it basically requires an expert trainer or training partner to correctly push one through these brutal workouts. And, it's not the work out per se which puts bigger muscles upon the trainee, it's the workout ability to allow one to train with greater and greater training loads. P.S. I'm a tiny tit without much muscles, but Lord knows that I'm trying ;D And no, I'm certain that I haven't yet reached my genetic size potential. P.P.S. I DO KNOW HOW TO GET RIPPED (sub-6) and I'm SO VERY COCK-SURE AND CONFIDENT about ma ability in dis regard 8)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2011, 02:40:19 PM »
I`m totally clean and been doing this shit a long time Panda.

I`ve got lifting belts that are older than you son.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 02:43:50 PM »
by now wes has "progressed" his training so far hes well in the 1000 rep range as well as poundages
he told me "keep your workouts progressive son of weegar, I always keep mine progressive"  
A

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2011, 02:48:24 PM »
I`m totally clean and been doing this shit a long time Panda.

I`ve got lifting belts that are older than you son.

hahahahahahahahahahaha
175lbs by 31st July

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2011, 02:50:13 PM »
Trevor was a little ahead of his time and most lifters did not agree with his theories.

I tried his "Demon Training" for a few months many years ago and it did seem to work, but all your nagging little injuries seem to really flare up doing this style of training.

He was an advocate of extreme AAS use.

There is a lot of speculation as to how he died. I have heard from some very close friends that his death may have a little more too it, but no point in rehashing the past.

The few times that i met Trevor in person he was extremely friendly and helpful to anyone who was polite.

He would never turn someone down who was asking for advice.

R.I.P.

8)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2011, 02:51:17 PM »
Trevor was a little ahead of his time and most lifters did not agree with his theories.

I tried his "Demon Training" for a few months many years ago and it did seem to work, but all your nagging little injuries seem to really flare up doing this style of training.

He was an advocate of extreme AAS use.

There is a lot of speculation as to how he died. I have heard from some very close friends that his death may have a little more too it, but no point in rehashing the past.

The few times that i met Trevor in person he was extremely friendly and helpful to anyone who was polite.

He would never turn someone down who was asking for advice.

R.I.P.

8)

much like myself.
175lbs by 31st July

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »
by now wes has "progressed" his training so far hes well in the 1000 rep range as well as poundages
he told me "keep your workouts progressive son of weegar, I always keep mine progressive" 
You nut  lol  ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2011, 03:16:19 PM »
Too bad that you never reached your goal of getting ripped (sub-6) Falcon :( Yeah, you did get lean, but you didn't get ripped, plus you lost a shitload of muscle doing so :(

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2011, 03:23:21 PM »
There was a pic of a guy on here that supposedly worked with Trevor for a comp. I wanted to see first hand how his short steroid cycles worked as the theory made sense. I know Tom Prince used a similar approach an d posted one of his cycles on Muscle Mayhem.

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2011, 04:10:14 PM »
trevor smith got alot of his theories and training style from the also late paul borresson, who also totaly screwed him over in there supplement buisness..

This...

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2011, 04:20:23 PM »

The site had a decently popular forum and I was going to keep it going.  Paul just used it to redirect his site.  

I have checked the domain and it appears that it may become available again.  I would love to sell those product abeit the site enhancement oil.  Trevor's MRP was state of the art at the time.  100 grams of protein per serving and it went down like Gatorade. 

That's such fucking bullshit.  His MRP was absolute shit compared to other brands.  I know a lot of guys loved it but it hardly went down like fucking gatorade.  Haha I bought shitloads of it at the time but got sick of it and couldn't stand it.  Look guys Trevor was a guru, a nice very knowledgeable guy who would talk to and help anyone.  I talked to the guy over the phone several times.  How many assholes in the fitness industry do that nowadays free of charge?  But his BFT and nutrition line weren't anything extraordinary.  It sure as fuck wasn't his BFT that got him to his huge size.  It was the boatloads of gear he was using.  Come on.........pull your fucking heads out of yoour ass.  VInce you a fucking charlatan plain and simple who has always looked like shit and always will look like shit.  Why anyone would ever listen to anything you have to say about nutrition or training is beyond me.  LOL.  Get some fucking gear or give it up asswipe! 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2011, 04:22:46 PM »
And there isn't any speculation as to his death.......he killed himself.  What more is there to it? 

NCNPC29

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2011, 04:22:49 PM »
From what Trevor told me Nancy was planning on leaving him and he was not handling it all that well. He was self medicating with pain relievers, nubain etc. I started talking with Trevor in 98 when I paid him to put together an off season diet for me. He got me from 230 to 265. No change in "supplements" purely a change in the foods and amounts of foods I was consuming.

I really thought his products were top notch and it's a real shame he didn't live longer. I never saw a toxicology report or definitive cause of death. When he passed I assumed he self medicated to heavy from his depression and accidentally overdosed. That is purely my speculation based on what he told me over the phone he was doing and going through. I only got one side of the story but Nancy seemed like a cold hearted bitch. Trevor was by far one of the most genuine people I had the pleasure of communicating with and went WAY out of his way to help people. A class act.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2011, 04:44:55 PM »
i can EASILY see dieing at a young age a possibility EVEN for a natural bodybuilder who consistently eats ALOT of fatty and sugar foods over the years

and you dont even have to look much fat to be highly clogged up internally :(

bullshit. true hardcore natty bodybuilders, despite their gayness, are almost always in amazing health. excluding the permabulkers. natural bodybuilding is a healthy hobby ::)
l

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2011, 05:25:57 PM »
bullshit. true hardcore natty bodybuilders, despite their gayness, are almost always in amazing health. excluding the permabulkers. natural bodybuilding is a healthy hobby ::)

i agree.
175lbs by 31st July

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2011, 06:09:21 AM »
I remember when Trevor Smith died it actually bothered me a bit. This was someone I had never met but gave me the time of day to give me helpful advice (for free). My local gym had a copy of his GEAR publication when I was a teenager and I would read it for the demon training articles. I had no clue about AAS and why the hell it was called GEAR, but damn if I didn't go nuts with BFT training. I had no clue at the time this training was definitely designed to be sustained only by users so I got over trained fairly quickly. It was great though and the intensity required to get through this makes all other training seem easy. I still do a LOT of drop sets and super sets today just because they flat out WORK. If I ever had a training partner I could trust to spot correctly I would most definitely do BFT for 2-3 weeks every couple months again.

Trevor would go out of his way to give me nutritional advice too via email. It was very basic/fundamental stuff but it was also timeless info that I still use today because, well, it's just basic no-change needed stuff. I have no clue what his AAS advice was but his nutritional advice was simple. In a nutshell get lots of food but GOOD food, and then explained what GOOD food was. Yeah we all know this, but for someone starting out it makes a world of difference. On top of that train like your possessed. I did and got great results.

He came across as a good guy he legitimately cared about the fitness industry.