Author Topic: Mat DuVall?  (Read 3571 times)

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
  • The darkside makes you stonger.Gives you focus!
Mat DuVall?
« on: May 12, 2006, 10:33:28 PM »
What happened to Mat DuVall.Someone said he's taking a shot at the WWE.
give in to the darkside

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Re: Mat DuVall?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 05:32:36 AM »
17) Rumor has it that Vince McMahon and the WWE has expressed an interest in you. Is there any truth to this and if so, what are you currently doing to prepare yourself to break into this extremely competitive industry?

Several months ago, I met with a gentleman within the wrestling industry. We spoke about how Vince and his son Shane have wanted to build some new and younger characters in the wrestling industry. Yes, there are some reality shows that "produce" WWE wrestlers, but in watching, one sees these kids are physically not up to going against one as awesome as Triple H in the ring. Is this full contact fighting? NO, but it is an intense world where there is more reality than most want to believe. My pictures were shown to others in the wrestling industry and an opportunity has come my way in the form of attending wrestling school, plain and simple. I have no delusions of grandeur. Breaking into this industry is not only just as competitive as bodybuilding, but far more physically demanding. I do want to pursue it, and I intend to start wrestling school no later than August. Doing this, while training for the Nationals will be very hard on my body, but I know I can take it. I want this more than words can say. My reasons for wanting it as bad as I do? I want to reach a place where I can invest several years of my time in order to provide capital for my current focus. That focus is designing and building custom homes. In order to do this on my own, it will take a great deal of capital, and I want to earn it on my own. As for preparing myself? I am training as usual for bodybuilding purposes and will soon incorporate more cardiovascular work to prepare me for the rigors of wrestling school. It is extremely demanding, especially when I intend to do it at over 300 pounds. Obviously my strength, at first, will be the body I have built and I want to look like a complete alien, should I ever have the honor of performing on television. Before this can be my focus, I have to crawl if you will, and learn the craft of pro wrestling. There is a lot more to it than what most think. Now, it is a total production, like a major motion picture being filmed in front of 30,000 people live, and several million on television! Having been to the events and seeing what goes on behind the scenes, I am amazed every time at the precision and planning it takes for just one (2) hour program. I will keep everyone posted at to how this goes.....

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
  • The darkside makes you stonger.Gives you focus!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 02:47:33 PM »
Well as a guy whos wrestled on the inde circut myself.I can appreciate,And understand his hanging up his posing trunks.For wrestiling trunks.If you can get sighned,It's a good means to make a living.But then theres thousands of other guys who think the same thing. I wish him the best of luck,He stays healthy.(cause your always hurting somewhere)And look forward to possibly working with him one day.Thx for the info Always Sore.
give in to the darkside

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 02:59:58 PM »
Well as a guy whos wrestled on the inde circut myself.I can appreciate,And understand his hanging up his posing trunks.For wrestiling trunks.If you can get sighned,It's a good means to make a living.But then theres thousands of other guys who think the same thing. I wish him the best of luck,He stays healthy.(cause your always hurting somewhere)And look forward to possibly working with him one day.Thx for the info Always Sore.

no problem closet wrestling fan for like 20 years.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 03:49:13 PM »
yeah I wondered what happened to him
X

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 12:44:14 PM »
Problem is alot of the Ex Pro Bodybuilders are just too big and are not as agile. Look at some who have failed....Achim Albrecht, Aaron Baker, Ian Harrison...just too muscular to get tossed around

Even the big guys that are wrestlers like Batista, Goldberg and others are not as thick and blocky as real bodybuilders....

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 07:28:09 AM »
17) Rumor has it that Vince McMahon and the WWE has expressed an interest in you. Is there any truth to this and if so, what are you currently doing to prepare yourself to break into this extremely competitive industry?

Several months ago, I met with a gentleman within the wrestling industry. We spoke about how Vince and his son Shane have wanted to build some new and younger characters in the wrestling industry. Yes, there are some reality shows that "produce" WWE wrestlers, but in watching, one sees these kids are physically not up to going against one as awesome as Triple H in the ring. Is this full contact fighting? NO, but it is an intense world where there is more reality than most want to believe. My pictures were shown to others in the wrestling industry and an opportunity has come my way in the form of attending wrestling school, plain and simple. I have no delusions of grandeur. Breaking into this industry is not only just as competitive as bodybuilding, but far more physically demanding. I do want to pursue it, and I intend to start wrestling school no later than August. Doing this, while training for the Nationals will be very hard on my body, but I know I can take it. I want this more than words can say. My reasons for wanting it as bad as I do? I want to reach a place where I can invest several years of my time in order to provide capital for my current focus. That focus is designing and building custom homes. In order to do this on my own, it will take a great deal of capital, and I want to earn it on my own. As for preparing myself? I am training as usual for bodybuilding purposes and will soon incorporate more cardiovascular work to prepare me for the rigors of wrestling school. It is extremely demanding, especially when I intend to do it at over 300 pounds. Obviously my strength, at first, will be the body I have built and I want to look like a complete alien, should I ever have the honor of performing on television. Before this can be my focus, I have to crawl if you will, and learn the craft of pro wrestling. There is a lot more to it than what most think. Now, it is a total production, like a major motion picture being filmed in front of 30,000 people live, and several million on television! Having been to the events and seeing what goes on behind the scenes, I am amazed every time at the precision and planning it takes for just one (2) hour program. I will keep everyone posted at to how this goes.....

My dad was a pro wrestler for 27 yrs.  and I know the wrestling business very well, and I just wanted to offer you some advice if you plan to start wrestling school, let it be a good one. Don't let it be some mo mo who has just wrestled on the independent curcit who thinks he is a wrestler. Go to a school with a wrestlers  who has contacts.  I know Lance Storm has a good one and so dose Dory Funk Jr. a lot of WWE's guys have come from there. 
Good Luck !

BallzDeep69

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 01:21:11 AM »
He's been busy doing his 9 hr "add an inch to your arms even though it's just a massive swelling of the muscle due to horrendous over-training" seminars.