Author Topic: aminos  (Read 2107 times)

wanna be huge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
aminos
« on: May 13, 2006, 12:13:18 AM »
frnds,
isit necessary to add BCAAs before and after exercise?

isnt whey having all the aminos...

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: aminos
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 05:49:31 PM »
yes it does... but BCAAs are more easily absorbed and they are in specific proportions... as to whether or not they will help you build WAY more mass?  I doubt it... but I take them, before and after workouts...

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 02:54:32 PM »
Chew your aminos thoroughly.  I takes a bit getting used to, but it speeds up absorption time.

wanna be huge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 11:45:49 PM »
so that means only taking whey is not enough???

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 08:29:04 AM »
so that means only taking whey is not enough???

"Enough" is a relative term.  You will grow drinking whey after a workout.  Aminos help assist the process.  It's like any other supplement- you can lose weight without taking fish oil, but you take it to give your body every possible edge.

wanna be huge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 09:50:18 AM »
ok

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 02:21:58 PM »
frnds,
isit necessary to add BCAAs before and after exercise?

isnt whey having all the aminos...

BCAA, as well as glutamine supplements are unnecessary if you are using whey powder.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 02:44:33 PM »
BCAA, as well as glutamine supplements are unnecessary if you are using whey powder.

Do you have a source/study on supplementation with whey versus whey/aminos combined?  The fact that whey SUPPLIES amino acids is not necessarily the issue.
Consider this quote from Amino Acids & Bodybuilding By Barry Finnin, PhD, and Samuel Peters From Muscle & Fitness Magazine, April 1996

"Conceivably, two diets could contain exactly the same amount of particular amino acids (the same amino acid profile) but have significant differences in their absorption. A number of factors affect amino acid bioavailability (see Factors Affecting Amino Acid Bioavailability. The most reliable way to deliver specific amino acids is to administer the particular amino acids themselves . . ."

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 05:02:49 PM »
Do you have a source/study on supplementation with whey versus whey/aminos combined?  The fact that whey SUPPLIES amino acids is not necessarily the issue.
Consider this quote from Amino Acids & Bodybuilding By Barry Finnin, PhD, and Samuel Peters From Muscle & Fitness Magazine, April 1996

"Conceivably, two diets could contain exactly the same amount of particular amino acids (the same amino acid profile) but have significant differences in their absorption. A number of factors affect amino acid bioavailability (see Factors Affecting Amino Acid Bioavailability. The most reliable way to deliver specific amino acids is to administer the particular amino acids themselves . . ."

fascinating.......

bodybuildingfreak31

• Getbig II
  • "VIVA LA BODYBUILDING"
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 10:14:45 PM »
I have a question about BCAA's? If you have a multi-vitamin that has BCAA's in it do I still need a pure BCAA supplement?
"Live Hard and Conquer"

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 03:11:39 AM »
I have a question about BCAA's? If you have a multi-vitamin that has BCAA's in it do I still need a pure BCAA supplement?

it's all about dosing... i doubt that one pill can contain as much BCAAs as the 4 that i take pre and post

bodybuildingfreak31

• Getbig II
  • "VIVA LA BODYBUILDING"
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 05:11:16 AM »
I just looked at the mg for the BCAA'S in my multi and it says that there is 150mg,but that's for two tablets combined. So is that enough BCAA or do I need to get a pure BCAA supplement to compensate for the difference?
"Live Hard and Conquer"

Lil Diesel

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 08:12:26 PM »
I drink my shake immediately after a workout and post BCAA products say to wait at least 30 mins after taking them to eat anything. Would it be beneficial still to take the BCAAs and shake at the same time?