Author Topic: couple questions for the last week  (Read 4328 times)

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
couple questions for the last week
« on: May 13, 2006, 11:01:27 AM »
let me hear some of your views of doing any leg work the week before the comp. and the day of the comp do you eat your regular meals or change it up a bit?

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: couple questions for the last week
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 01:29:45 PM »
I would say no leg work in the last week as it may make you hold water.

For me comp day is fillet steak,dry white wine and vit C for breakfast,1 small tub of fruit baby food every hour,maybe a bit of turkey between pre judging and the evening show.Before I go on stage I would have 300 mg of niacin with dry white wine plus half a bar of chocolate-helps with getting a better pump.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 02:19:03 AM »
I would say no leg work in the last week as it may make you hold water.

For me comp day is fillet steak,dry white wine and vit C for breakfast,1 small tub of fruit baby food every hour,maybe a bit of turkey between pre judging and the evening show.Before I go on stage I would have 300 mg of niacin with dry white wine plus half a bar of chocolate-helps with getting a better pump.

Could u please explain the bit on water retention to leg training?  :-\

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 03:35:25 AM »
I'm not sure why it happens but for a few days after training legs they seem to get really watery and smooth so I lay off them a week before a show.I also cut my water about 1-2 pm the day before which helps me to dry out a little but I do feel a little light headed sometimes on the day.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 07:59:22 AM »
The standard is to stop doing leg work 7-10 days out.  Doing leg work causes your legs to appear smoother (like others had mentioned).  Most people stop training Tuesday or Wednesday before the show and those last training days will be a quick circuit to deplete glycogen stores hitting upper body, back and abs.

Much of what you do the last day may depend on how you look.  I try to stick with dry oatmeal or sweet potatoes with 2-3 oz of chicken and 20 minutes or less before I go on stage some jelly and peanut butter.  If you feel you are holding water slowly munching on rice cakes I've heard is  good antidote.

Everyone has there own ideas of what works and what doesn't.  Have you competed before and if so how did you feel on the day of the show?
Jennifer

Natty_by_Nature

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 09:21:18 AM »
let me hear some of your views of doing any leg work the week before the comp. and the day of the comp do you eat your regular meals or change it up a bit?
My thoughts (and what I've been taught) are there's basically nothing to accomplish training legs during the last week.  If you don't have your legs ready by then, it's too late.  Doing a leg workout will only serve to deplete your energy which is already at all time lows.  Save your energy for putting the polish on your posing  ;D

The morning of the competition, I eat pancakes with only a bit of syrup.  Sodium free rice cakes during the morning with peanut butter and/or jelly are common dieting practices prior to pre-judging.  After pre-judging, have a steak but watch the extra sodium intake.  You want to stay dry and hard for the nite show, especially if you're a class winner, going for an overall.

Sunday's drive home usually take twice as long as the trip out as I'm stopping at every restaurant and ice cream stand along the way  ;D  Strap on the feed bag and get out of my way   :o

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 04:39:13 AM »
beast i competed alot in powerlifting in the past but this is only second bb show but ive been training  9years.  yea i wont do any leg work last week im two weeks out from today and they are pretty diced.
its hard to compare to last time to i went way over board on the dieting last time and eneded up like 20 pounds to light. this time things have went really well. i started the diet at 180 5-3 on april 3rd and last monday was 170.5 and 169.2 the next morning. the light wieght class ends at 165 1/4 im gonna try and make that one.  i kinda lean towards not changing eating wise right to show. but i like to hear other peoples thoughts. oh yea june 3rd is the show date 14 days away im really excited for this one. thanks for your comments guys

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 06:30:51 AM »
Good luck with the contest.Which one are you doing?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 01:20:20 PM »
Get a thermos that will keep liquids warm...

Get an ounce or 2 of red wine, put in the microwave to warm it up and take a shot before going on stage...this will increase vascularity...

Remember though...if you have been true to your diet, no booze, be careful as to how much wine you take in....you don't want to go on stage totally blotto

As for week up to the show...

Mon - Weds, Carb deplete
Thurs-Fri - carb load

Sat morning, rice cakes and PB....ice cubes

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 02:28:54 PM »
the inbf natrual hercules in ny ny. 12 more days counting to day im pumped   thermos? i dont take any supps man just food....

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 11:49:39 PM »
he means a flask....u know a bottle container thing that keeps the heat in

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 10:38:49 AM »
You will actualy have better luck if you can find a thermos with a glass lining as this is what traps in the heat or cold....a Flask is nice but generally keeps liquid at room/body temp.

Maybe you will be lucky and the venue will have a microwave on hand....

Again take it for what it's worth.

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 11:46:09 PM »
lol "hi ....err.......i just need to heat this wine up in that microwave please"  *says the bb'er tanned up and in trunks to the venue owner*

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 06:09:11 AM »
You need to remember the "venue owner" has probably heard/seen weirder things....

Do you want to win? Then who cares what other people think!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 09:47:50 AM »
I've never heard of warming it up...why would that make a difference?
Jennifer

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 10:50:55 AM »
Have 2-300 mg of niacin with some chocolate and wine-that will do the trick.Dream Tan Vasculiser is also good but only lasts about 10 minutes.

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 02:55:57 PM »
i dont care what other people think...hence why im into bb'ing :) just makeing a joke  ;D

ive heard of vodka and jelly beans before too

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 01:28:01 PM »
I've never heard of warming it up...why would that make a difference?

Try it at home on 2 occasions...1x cold and 1x warm...

The warmer will give you better vasodilation.....