Author Topic: Interview with Dan Solomon for PBW Radio 05-15-06  (Read 1817 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Interview with Dan Solomon for PBW Radio 05-15-06
« on: May 16, 2006, 12:38:38 AM »
Dan Solomon, in the last year, has gained some serious air time as the founder and co-host of Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Radio show, that features some of the top pros, officials and other key players in the bodybuilding industry. I spoke to Dan after Bob Cicherillo and Dan were featured live on stage at the Colorado Pro show, the first time (I think) that the broadcast booth was on the stage. It was interesting. It was different. Here are some questions that I asked Dan about various topics.

http://getbig.com/iview/solomon060515.htm

If you have any other questions or comments, feel free to tell me or email me...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Interview with Dan Solomon for PBW Radio 05-15-06
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 12:42:47 AM »

Do they take phone calls on the show anymore?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 05:57:27 AM »
"Are there some people whom you wont put on the show because it is not politically correct?

This is obviously the "Wayne" question. Everyone is waiting for us to bring on Wayne. In a strange way, there are people who are judging the show strictly on whether we invite Mr. Demilia on the program. It's actually been fun to monitor the interest that people have in Wayne. There is no question that Wayne has a long and interesting history in this sport. As you know, we do nearly 40 shows a year. Sooner or later, all voices will be heard. In the mean time, if anyone feels the need to talk to Wayne, they can call him personally. He'll be glad to share his plans with you. "

So you guys are completely backing down from the original statement of "Jim is DYING to get on the radio show, and will be on soon!"

Typical, two-faced politicking.  Be honest here guys. 

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 06:57:51 AM »
Ron,  Thanks for the interview.  I know there have been some questions regarding the "affiliations" of the radio show.  I think the issue was clearly addressed during the following portion of the interview:

As you are sponsored by Weider/AMI and Muscletech, can they dictate to you who can go on your show?

The objective of any business is to gain maximum exposure. The folks at Weider have been very supportive of what we are doing with the show. They cover the weekly broadcasts in Flex Magazine and they provide some powerful advertising. But, lets be clear about one thing, I am free to have ANYONE on the show. A lot of people have conjured up theories to suggest that the show is controlled. Perhaps this will help; If Weider controlled WHO we have on the show, do you think I would feature MD's John Romano as a regular guest? Do you think I would welcome Lonnie Teper from Ironman magazine? The athletes who appear on the show are endorsed by virtually every company in the industry. MuscleTech is our title sponsor and they are a great partner for the show, however, there are no restrictions on who our guests can be.

How do you feel when people say to you that your sponsors tell you what to do?

When people say that, its obvious that they havent taken a close look at who has come on the show. We invited Vince Taylor to come on our show knowing full well that he was considering a jump to the new PDI organization. Romano came on the show and openly criticised the hell out of the AMI Olympia contest. Those were great shows and I did not receive a single complaint from any advertisers or members of the IFBB. All of our sponsors tell us that their only priority is audience numbers. They really don't care who we have on the show

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 02:02:08 PM »
Ron,  Thanks for the interview.  I know there have been some questions regarding the "affiliations" of the radio show.  I think the issue was clearly addressed during the following portion of the interview:

As you are sponsored by Weider/AMI and Muscletech, can they dictate to you who can go on your show?

The objective of any business is to gain maximum exposure. The folks at Weider have been very supportive of what we are doing with the show. They cover the weekly broadcasts in Flex Magazine and they provide some powerful advertising. But, lets be clear about one thing, I am free to have ANYONE on the show. A lot of people have conjured up theories to suggest that the show is controlled. Perhaps this will help; If Weider controlled WHO we have on the show, do you think I would feature MD's John Romano as a regular guest? Do you think I would welcome Lonnie Teper from Ironman magazine? The athletes who appear on the show are endorsed by virtually every company in the industry. MuscleTech is our title sponsor and they are a great partner for the show, however, there are no restrictions on who our guests can be.

When people say that, its obvious that they havent taken a close look at who has come on the show. We invited Vince Taylor to come on our show knowing full well that he was considering a jump to the new PDI organization. Romano came on the show and openly criticised the hell out of the AMI Olympia contest. Those were great shows and I did not receive a single complaint from any advertisers or members of the IFBB. All of our sponsors tell us that their only priority is audience numbers. They really don't care who we have on the show

This is why you're THE MAN, Dan.

Thanks for setting the record straight and most importantly (in the words of Melvin V Goodrum himself) for "keepin' it real".  :)

amoney86

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 04:13:49 PM »
great interview ron.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 05:00:01 PM »
great interview ron.

great asskissing, bro!

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 07:38:14 PM »

Dan, is wayne demillia, you know the one starting a new bodybuilding federation a "relavant voice" that you plan to bring on your show probodybuilding weekly?

or have your sponsors forbidden that?