Author Topic: Colorado Pro Review by Shawn Ray!  (Read 8540 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Colorado Pro Review by Shawn Ray!
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 01:31:57 PM »
why would you even ask for a financial report  oh that's right you went to some basket weaving MBA school

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 02:12:28 PM »

I agree.

About the only worse place to have a show, from a financial perspective, would be Hawaii!  ;D

Yes and no.  Do you know that just about retail store, restaurant on the mainland that has a store or restaurant in Hawaii, that the location in Hawaii is there #1 location in terms of gross revenue.  That includes, Costco, Walmart, Safeway, 31 Flavors, McDonalds, Taco Bell, JC Pennys, Starbucks, Subway, Jamba Juice and many many more.  The mall which was connected to my host hotel was the #2 most visited single location in the U.S. behind Disneyworld for many years.  The Ala Moana Mall gets more than 40 million visitors a year.  Hawaii has been in the top 3 most wanted places to visit just about every year.  Waikiki is less than 1 sq. mile in size yet has an average of 60,000 visitors a day staying there and close to 20,000 people living there.  The costs are high here but the money that can be made is very good too.  I proved it. 

I had 6,000 paid ticket sales to my show.  That is a NPC show not a Pro Show which should draw more people.  Fair attendance from what we anticipated but all agree it was the date of the show that caused this.  A car show with less than 100 cars draws 30,000 people.  Hawaii is the perfect place to put on a major show.  A show with many different things going is perfect cause it draws from allot of different demographics.  The Japanese loves BB from what I here.  They love the big guy.  So, it my show happens next year, besides the local market which can easily support the show I am going after the japanese market vigourously.  Also, in the 80's the biggest powerlifting meets in the world were in hawaii.  The Budweiser World Record Breakers had more than 5,000 live spectators for a few years.  So yes Hawaii is expensive but it support a pro show.  Plus, even though Hawaii is very active and our nickname is "The Health State" we have NO professional sports here.  So when something professional comes to town it is big.  The Hawaiian Open, Triple Crown of Surfing, the Pro Bowl (which sells out EVERY year), the Lakers play here every year in some exhibition games and sellout every game.  So when professional BB hits Hawaii it will be big.  Again I predict it like I did last weeks show.  And I was 100% correct on that one too.

And there is no way or reason for Sean to disclose any financials.  What other show or anything does that.  If he wants to be open like me and Mike and admit the loss then great but no way will a detailed official report be disclosed.  And there was a loss just how much who knows but him, Jeff and Vyotech.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 02:26:36 PM »
why would you even ask for a financial report  oh that's right you went to some basket weaving MBA school

I'm doing a traditional MBA/PhD (Phar)... but I look forward to taking some classes online...just to get some hours back in my life out of the classroom.  I also took Cancer Bio, Immunology and Calcu II online.. given I was working 2 pt jobs undergrad.  That being said... Bethany Howlett did an MBA at Phoenix which is online.  Only a jacka$$ would question her credits.  Check the woman's Bio.  An online education or partial is here to say.  It works well for adult students who dont have the time to hangout at the Univ Center...b/c of other obligations.

Anyway... Shawn did rag a couple of guys on this site... which is one of the best parts of visiting getbig.  Maybe he should drop the financials but financials only matter with public companies... as far as public knowledge is concerned.
Oh...Monica!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2006, 02:29:06 PM »
Let me help you..........Industry, Competitors.

1.  Industry.    Like the steel workers union #2334.

2.  Competitors.    Arm-wrestling on lunchbreak.

....................MISS ED AGAIN.............. ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2006, 02:49:35 PM »

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2006, 03:07:34 PM »
oh, my mba was real ... http://www.fgcu.edu/cob/accreditation/

Look forward to completing my MBA in the near future.  Accreditation is accreditation.
Oh...Monica!

Derik_Farnsworth

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2006, 03:29:04 PM »
the judges were

gary udit, albert beckels, rich gaspari, jim manion[headjudge] steve weinberger, and a gentleman i dont  know of..  practically all of them have competed in high level bbing shows them selves 2 are former pros..

Derik

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2006, 03:34:09 PM »
oh, my mba was real ... http://www.fgcu.edu/cob/accreditation/

I wouldn't exactly brag about going there ::)

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 04:01:38 PM »
All the Athletes got the Score Sheets the day after, including the fans who were at the Host Hotel.
This forum is not a place where I have an obligation to Post anything except what i want.
End Story.
S.

GN138

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 04:04:46 PM »
the judges were

gary udit, albert beckels, rich gaspari, jim manion[headjudge] steve weinberger, and a gentleman i dont  know of..  practically all of them have competed in high level bbing shows them selves 2 are former pros..

Derik

Derik's right, the other guy was Ernest. Forgot his last name but he's like 5 feet wide and 7 feet tal. He's a giant! There were also 2 women judges from what I remember but I didn't talk to them.

I did talk to Albert after the show and had no clue who he was, til we waked away and I mentioned to my friend that I thought it was Albert Beckles that we were just talking to.

Good stuff!

PS: I got a copy of the scoresheets too...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 04:29:59 PM »
I wouldn't exactly brag about going there ::)

there's always a first!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2006, 05:57:45 PM »
All the Athletes got the Score Sheets the day after, including the fans who were at the Host Hotel.
This forum is not a place where I have an obligation to Post anything except what i want.
End Story.
S.

So you changed your mind, eh? ;)

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2006, 06:20:37 PM »
End Story.
S.

Why would athletes want the judging scoresheet from a bodybuilding contest?

Were their athletes watching the show or something? Did the Avalanche or Broncos show up?

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2006, 07:20:12 AM »
End Story.
S.

Shawn I have no interest in seeing any finanacial sheets on your show or even score sheets, etc. I would be curious if you would comment on making a profit or not from this first show.
That is it. Thanks, Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Stavios

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2006, 07:25:40 AM »
Shawn I have no interest in seeing any finanacial sheets on your show or even score sheets, etc. I would be curious if you would comment on making a profit or not from this first show.
That is it. Thanks, Howard

I think it is safe to say that Shawn didn't make any profit. But he sure will in 3-4 years when his show will have a good attendance

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2006, 09:37:58 AM »
I think it is safe to say that Shawn didn't make any profit. But he sure will in 3-4 years when his show will have a good attendance

I would tend to agree and as you've stated, the first show isn't about profit, it's about getting enough of a return to make it worthwhile to come back and do it again for the next year or two, while moving towards profitability. 

Shawn accomplished something his critics said could not be done and for that alone, he deserves applause.  Everyone who attended had a good time (haven't heard otherwise from anyone who was there) and those people are likely to return next year, when a new crowd will join the repeat visitors.  I know I'm going back - I loved it.

Stavios

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2006, 09:44:20 AM »
I would tend to agree and as you've stated, the first show isn't about profit, it's about getting enough of a return to make it worthwhile to come back and do it again for the next year or two, while moving towards profitability. 

Shawn accomplished something his critics said could not be done and for that alone, he deserves applause.  Everyone who attended had a good time (haven't heard otherwise from anyone who was there) and those people are likely to return next year, when a new crowd will join the repeat visitors.  I know I'm going back - I loved it.

I would go too if it wasn't that far away. I am not gonna pay 500 $ to see a bbing show  ;)

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2006, 10:53:54 AM »
top 3 at the o....lol phil give jay cutler a run for his money

those statements are crazy
Wait for it....