Author Topic: Workout Gloves  (Read 13210 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Workout Gloves
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2006, 12:55:53 PM »
my hands are split and dry.  I gotta remember to use lotion.

I thought you were a girl?   So you are russian, huh :D

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »
What are you two pro-glovers talking about? Calluses are great to have. They protect your hands when you're doing work, not just in the gym. What guy wants nice soft hands?
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2006, 01:00:27 PM »
I am a girl.  I just have dry skin and rough hands from work...damm things.
X

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2006, 01:08:48 PM »

I think youre pritty.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2006, 01:13:26 PM »

hey uncle mike!  hey uncle mike!!  tell us one more time the story of when you wore the workout gloves and when you didnt!!!!!!! puhhh-leeeeeeeeeeeeze!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sounds like my nephew :D

He just turned 5 ;D
I

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2006, 01:31:28 PM »

I didn't know you were a girl. Well, in that case I can see you wearing gloves but Lucius still has some explaining to do.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2006, 01:34:10 PM »
I didn't know you were a girl. Well, in that case I can see you wearing gloves but Lucius still has some explaining to do.

No explaining necessary. He's a switch hitter for the San Francisco gamecocks.
HAHA, RON.....

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2006, 01:34:52 PM »
I don't wear gloves.  and my hands are messed up from work but I don't take care of them
X

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2006, 01:45:24 PM »
I don't wear gloves.  and my hands are messed up from work but I don't take care of them

So in other words, you're a girl and still more hardcore than Lucius. I get it now.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2006, 03:21:01 PM »
In Ronnie's DVD Cost of Redemption.....

he Chalks his hands & wears gloves....(which I thought seemed a little unusual) but ok...He's Big Bubba....I'm not going to put much thought in what he decides to do for his training aids.

As for pro's wearing gloves....some of these guys, Cutler, Cormier, etc....have good contracts with these companies so you're going to see them wear their gloves for photo shoots, Dvd's, etc...  I'm not saying they wouldn't if it wasn't a photoshoot....but it definitely needs to be considered.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2006, 08:16:02 PM »
In Arnold's Modern Encyclopedia, he was against wearing training gloves and said the callous you'll develop on your hands from training would give you grip

I followed that advice up until a few years ago when I slipped and dropped a dumbbell on my foot because my hands were slippery.  I now wear gloves not because I've gotten weak but because the extra grip helps you out in training a great deal.
A

Iago

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2006, 09:44:21 PM »
In Arnold's Modern Encyclopedia, he was against wearing training gloves and said the callous you'll develop on your hands from training would give you grip

I followed that advice up until a few years ago when I slipped and dropped a dumbbell on my foot because my hands were slippery.  I now wear gloves not because I've gotten weak but because the extra grip helps you out in training a great deal.

This all the proof anyone should need that under no circumstances should you wear gloves while working out.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2006, 12:00:51 AM »

Considering these facts Im still not sure who I should listen to

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2006, 12:50:48 AM »
I have some blisters/callouses on my hand that kill (no understatement) when I do some movements (Deads, and chins after some sets,) so I wrap something on my hand or use gloves if I bring them. I don't wear gloves when it's not hurting.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2006, 01:14:58 AM »
Considering these facts Im still not sure who I should listen to

That's a tough one.........LOL!  ::)
HAHA, RON.....

craig213

• Getbig II
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2006, 03:49:48 AM »
 I wear gloves.  Living in L.A., CA.  I get casting calls for commercials.  The high paying national commercials like mcdonalds, hershey, and beer all need you to have non-calloused hands.  Now lets see....$30,000 working out with gloves, or $0 trying to impress another man working out without gloves...hmmmmm tough decision.

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2006, 07:32:51 AM »
Only thing worse than people who wear the gloves are the people who never wash their gloves

then they ask you for a spot and you stand there holding your breath while they rack out ten uncoordianted reps with 5lbs on the bar??

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2006, 11:45:20 AM »
if u validate your masculinity with a nice set of calluses go knock yourself out...jeez ;)

thisiskeith12

« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2006, 12:41:27 PM »
  Are they white kid gloves? Or driving gloves? ;D thisiskeith12, do you find that your hands get too rough without gloves?

My hands peel all the time, but at least I get a better grip. When I wear gloves my hands get sweaty.  ;)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2006, 12:57:58 PM »
tried them for a while.....always kinda felt like a poser, though.

Arnold never wore gloves.
arnold was a poser. ;D

aha...i wear gloves when i remember to bring them.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2006, 01:16:16 PM »
I wear gloves.  Living in L.A., CA.  I get casting calls for commercials.  The high paying national commercials like mcdonalds, hershey, and beer all need you to have non-calloused hands.  Now lets see....$30,000 working out with gloves, or $0 trying to impress another man working out without gloves...hmmmmm tough decision.

So, Its official. Gloves are for pussies.