Author Topic: Rumor Mill: Phil Heath's Colorado Check Bounced?  (Read 22783 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Rumor mill hard at work
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2006, 05:37:34 AM »
What planet do you guys bank at.  First of $25,000 is NOT a big check to write when you are doing a show if this type and you HAVE money in the account.  If anything the bank will call the accountholder to verify if he did indeed write the check.  I have had that happen before.  Or I have actually told my bank that I am writing a check for a large amount to a certain person and give them the check number.  Sorry but no excuse.  If you have money in the account to cover the check then their is no problem.  Simple and to the point.

And, whatever bank is used, I am pretty sure with all those sponsors listed that many deposits were given.  Visits to the bank, talking with the tellers, the account rep who opened the account and even an executive at the bank when you are doing something like this show. 

Yes, generally the bank calls the accountholder but the bank apparantly did not and immediately bounced the check.  Its the banks fault not Vyo-Tech or Shawn's.  There's smoke but there's obviously no fire.
A

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Rumor Mill: Phil Heath's Colorado Check Bounced?
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2006, 06:25:04 AM »
240 240 240
you really know how to make enemies dont you...

choice is an illusion

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2006, 07:37:14 AM »
240 240 240
you really know how to make enemies dont you...

Nah, someone sent me the link from Mayhem and I shared the link as "From the rumor mill".  A moderator changed the subject line to the 'check bounced' thing.  All I did was share a link.  They took the link away and posted the info as my own.   Allows them not to mention mayhem, but makes me look like i was starting stuff.  I was just sharing the link and seeing if anyone could confirm/deny. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2006, 07:39:56 AM »
Yes, generally the bank calls the accountholder but the bank apparantly did not and immediately bounced the check.  Its the banks fault not Vyo-Tech or Shawn's.  There's smoke but there's obviously no fire.

LMAO... dude you were just as lost as the rest of us on that Mayhem thread, and now you're speaking as fact?  NO ONE outisde of Shawn, Phil, VYO accountants and Wachovia (or whatever bank) knows what really happened.

Damn Vince, you used to be an independent mind and now you're regurgutating AMI/Mayhem/IFBB company line to try to involve yourself with the IFBB, after the PDI made it clear your squatted domains were not needed.  Sad, man.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2006, 08:03:51 AM »
LMAO... dude you were just as lost as the rest of us on that Mayhem thread, and now you're speaking as fact?  NO ONE outisde of Shawn, Phil, VYO accountants and Wachovia (or whatever bank) knows what really happened.

Damn Vince, you used to be an independent mind and now you're regurgutating AMI/Mayhem/IFBB company line to try to involve yourself with the IFBB, after the PDI made it clear your squatted domains were not needed.  Sad, man.

This issue has nothing to do with the IFBB/AMI/Mayhem company line at all and it does not have anything to do with recently getting a business account with Vyo-Tech and selling their products.  This is simply a banking error and it was cleared up very quickly.  You don't hear Phil Heath complaining because he's been paid.  He's a Vyo-Tech Paid Athlete competing in a Vyo-tech sponsored event.  Do you think he's going to be stiffed out of his money???  Get real.

You basically tried to make a mountain out of NO MOLE-HILL. 

As far as the domains are concerned, Wayne didn't want the domains so I went to the next buyer.  He should have taken the offer as Prodivision.Org is a great domain address and easier to advertise than the other 2 bullshit addresses which are not even linked to begin with.

Whether I have associations with the IFBB, AMI, or NPC or not is none of your business, pro.  I am an independant mind however I am a businessman as well and I know the importance of having friends in the industry. 

The PDI is a joke because the person who is running it is responsible for all the bullshit that Jim Manion and Chick is now having to clean up.  The last Night of Champions was a vile display of trash.  Athletes are going to have their careers ended instantly the minute they step on stage.  I'm just keeping it real and telling it like it is.

A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2006, 08:11:55 AM »
LOL... vince, you're like the cartoon character that someone should have invented.  Looking fwd to your next "big announcement"!  Will you be doing nationals, has the magic stick II been discovered, or have you self-appointed yourself as the IFBB bus driver for the 21st centrury? :)

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2006, 08:14:13 AM »

This issue has nothing to do with the IFBB/AMI/Mayhem company line at all and it does not have anything to do with recently getting a business account with Vyo-Tech and selling their products.  This is simply a banking error and it was cleared up very quickly.  You don't hear Phil Heath complaining because he's been paid.  He's a Vyo-Tech Paid Athlete competing in a Vyo-tech sponsored event.  Do you think he's going to be stiffed out of his money???  Get real.

You basically tried to make a mountain out of NO MOLE-HILL. 

As far as the domains are concerned, Wayne didn't want the domains so I went to the next buyer.  He should have taken the offer as Prodivision.Org is a great domain address and easier to advertise than the other 2 bullshit addresses which are not even linked to begin with.

Whether I have associations with the IFBB, AMI, or NPC or not is none of your business, pro.  I am an independant mind however I am a businessman as well and I know the importance of having friends in the industry. 

The PDI is a joke because the person who is running it is responsible for all the bullshit that Jim Manion and Chick is now having to clean up.  The last Night of Champions was a vile display of trash.  Athletes are going to have their careers ended instantly the minute they step on stage.  I'm just keeping it real and telling it like it is.

SPEAK THE TRUTH SIR!!  CO-SIGN!!!

thisiskeith12

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2006, 08:17:05 AM »
Vince is right, the last NOC event was so messed up. It was like you were stuck in a twilight zone. That's the main reason for skepticism against Wayne. If the next NOC is anything like that, the PDI will fall and fall hard!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2006, 08:17:46 AM »

The PDI is a joke because the person who is running it is responsible for all the bullshit that Jim Manion and Chick is now having to clean up...

The Weiders are running the PDI???  I knew it!  

Athletes are going to have their careers ended instantly the minute they step on stage. 

If only you realized how stupid you sound...

You didn't play any sports in school, did you?  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2006, 08:18:02 AM »
Vince is right, the last NOC event was so messed up. It was like you were stuck in a twilight zone. That's the main reason for skepticism against Wayne. If the next NOC is anything like that, the PDI will fall and fall hard!

Did Wayne run the last NOC that was so messed up?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2006, 08:19:50 AM »
There was a problem with the check regarding a sweep account (if you know business, you understand). It was cleared up immediately when it was found out. There is no problem now.  The bank people should know that companies have multiple accounts, and that you keep monies in one main account (for interest reasons), and when needed, money sweeps into the accounts. Especially for a $25,000 check. They should know better. (Over $10,000 checks, especially for someone who doesnt get it, sometimes requires special attention). But sometimes, they don't do it correctly. You can beleive that they got in trouble for that, especially since it was an out of state check (Phil in Colorado, Shawn in California). All they needed to do was check for multiple sweep accounts.

Also, rumors that Phil is already a Vyotech athlete is just not true. Negotiating at the moment with a number of companies, as is his choices, and eventually, Phil will do whatever is in his best interest for the future. As for having an AMI contract, yes, that is correct. He renewed that.

I had that situation a few times here in California via a payroll check on newer employees when bank tellers dont do it correctly.

So end of story.

Ummm look at the source of the post Ron.   ;)  He's just trying to bust Shawn's chops...once again.  ::)
:D Weee

thisiskeith12

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2006, 08:21:03 AM »

Did he not? I thought he did. If not, I have been fooled!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2006, 08:23:43 AM »

LOL @ Chick "cleaning up a mess".  Chick is plenty good at digging his own holes and making his own messes.   Please tell me why the last O was horrible, and this years' will be- by all neutral and even biased accounts- the shabbiest ever.  See what they're spending this year compared to 3 years ago.  Way less. Mandalay is getting dropped after this year, and they're moving to something smaller in 07.  Didn't you get that memo?  AMI is moving it to Weinberger to manage.  I thought you'd have caught then when rummaging through the IFBB dumpster.

And there is 150k in prize monies available for the PDI pros that do the Sept/Oct shows alone.  Huge market in US AND Europe for shows that aren't fixed to go to a big bellied Coleman/Cutler/Gustavo everytime.   There's enough money for everyone and really, the athletes will go where their sponsors tell them to go and we're just tossing hot air around anyway.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2006, 08:24:22 AM »
Ummm look at the source of the post Ron.   ;)  He's just trying to bust Shawn's chops...once again.  ::)

Cheri, log off getbig and call your kids.  Keep my name out your mouth, mmkay?

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2006, 08:26:10 AM »

Yes he did.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2006, 08:27:40 AM »

She's right 240, but she didn't make it personal like you just did. Low class, no class.

Yes he did.

I knew I had read somewhere that he did. Thanks for clearing that up Mr. GX! Seeing how I've heard the PDI is going to bring more entertainment, I don't think they are talking about comedians.  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2006, 08:28:51 AM »
She's right 240, but she didn't make it personal like you just did. Low class, no class.

cheri brings up my life and wife all the time.

and no, there is a truce and i was told not to mention cheri and she won't mention me.  And she still takes shots at me all the time.  End it cheri. Stop mentioning me and I'll do the same.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2006, 08:30:13 AM »
The Weiders are running the PDI???  I knew it! 

If only you realized how stupid you sound...

You didn't play any sports in school, did you? 

Look what happenned to the people who competed in the WBF.  They never won a contest again when they came back

In fact, perhaps you didn't know this 240 or Tre but when they first competed again it was at the Night of Champions and Wayne in fact made them do a humiliating skit in which there was 5 coffins on stage and they basically stepped out of them one by one.  Wayne basically was behind them being humilated for defecting to another federation. 

Now he's wanting people to defect.  That's hypocritical bullshit.  If Dan Laurie was starting back his federation it would be different but the person who literally ran the IFBB to the ground.  Lee Priest even called Wayne a scumbag on numerous occasions long before I knew who Wayne was.  '

That's the facts, Jack 

A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2006, 08:30:56 AM »
Seeing how I've heard the PDI is going to bring more entertainment, I don't think they are talking about comedians.  :-\

Seriously, PM Rhino, Vinny, Lee, or some of the other PDI athletes and ask them about the live show plans.  I'm not going to spoil anyone's show... but from what I've heard, it's going to be quite interesting.  Decent budget, effects, sound, pyro, props, and storylines.  Once they're online, the posing routines are going to be some interesting downloads for those who miss the show.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2006, 08:33:38 AM »
the person who literally ran the IFBB to the ground.

Vince, I respect your argument and I love to discuess this to learn more from everyone.

However, Wayne was working UNDER Manion and Ben Weider for many years.  If indeed he was the force HURTING the IFBB, why did they allow it to happen?  And since he's left, the O quality has not gone up.  Ask CQ or any other loyal Olympia fan.  NO ONE will say it has improved.  Polite ppl may say "it's just as good", but many people will say it has sucked since moving.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2006, 08:34:14 AM »
Yes he did.

Yeah, in fact he had all of his staff put on those Pro-Division Shirts.  You know the orginal one that failed
A

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2006, 08:35:26 AM »
Awwwwww did I hit a little nerve in your massive 205lb body Rob?

Question...since you love bringing my kids into any little tif you have with me... Please explain to all the getbiggers about your marriage or lack there of?  How is it you post continuously from about 10am to 4am every day with a teeny tiny break at 1pm (you claim it is your gym time while the rest of us work - those are your words) and I assume you must sleep during the 6 hours you are not posting....where do find time for your blow-up doll wife?  And she's been pregnant now for like ummmm 10 months now, when are you finally going to Toys-R-Us to pick up the baby?
:D Weee

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2006, 08:36:35 AM »

Yeah, in fact he had all of his staff put on those Pro-Division Shirts.  You know the orginal one that failed

Vince, how much money do the pros NOT named Coleman, Cutler, Gustavo, or Dexter stand to earn in IFBB shows this year?  Compare that to the PDI monies available and you'll be surprised to see the PDI is very competitive in terms of wages.  Plus, it DOUBLES the chance to make money.  If you're anti-PDI, you're anti-athlete, IMO, as you're basically shitting on their ability to earn 150k EXTRA this fall :(

thisiskeith12

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2006, 08:37:30 AM »
cheri brings up my life and wife all the time.

and no, there is a truce and i was told not to mention cheri and she won't mention me.  And she still takes shots at me all the time.  End it cheri. Stop mentioning me and I'll do the same.

I'm glad we don't have that truce.  :)

Seriously, PM Rhino, Vinny, Lee, or some of the other PDI athletes and ask them about the live show plans.  I'm not going to spoil anyone's show... but from what I've heard, it's going to be quite interesting.  Decent budget, effects, sound, pyro, props, and storylines.  Once they're online, the posing routines are going to be some interesting downloads for those who miss the show.

I'm sure I'll watch to see what happens, but like I said if it's anything close to the last display at the NOC, Wayne will be slammed in the magazines. Muscular Development maybe the only magazine to save Wayne, but IMO, all the mags are crap. MD ran pictures of the NOC and included the one of the kid onstage with that stripper cop lady. Too sickening.

All in all, I think Wayne is a loose cannon with bad aim.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2006, 08:38:49 AM »
Question...since you love bringing my kids into any little tif you have with me... Please explain to all the getbiggers about your marriage or lack there of?  How is it you post continuously from about 10am to 4am every day with a teeny tiny break at 1pm (you claim it is your gym time while the rest of us work - those are your words) and I assume you must sleep during the 6 hours you are not posting....where do find time for your blow-up doll wife?  And she's been pregnant now for like ummmm 10 months now, when are you finally going to Toys-R-Us to pick up the baby?

You're right.  It's all a lie. No wife, no baby on the way.  I sleep in Ron's guesthouse and he lets me sleep 4 hours a day.  Thanks for the great undercover work!  Can we resume the truce now?  Cheri, you keep bringing my name back up, and Ron told me to not mention you and you wouldn't mention me.  Yet you keep chiming in.