Author Topic: From Eric Otero's family in Houston  (Read 4142 times)

MCheshier

• Getbig I
From Eric Otero's family in Houston
« on: May 21, 2006, 11:03:17 AM »
My family is in complete shock and disbelief at this time over my brother's untimely death. We appreciate those of you in the BB community who loved my brother. There are some very horrible things that are coming to my family about my brother- and when the time is right, I will post again with more details...at this time, I would like to say to all of you who are chasing the dream of being Mr. Universe - PLEASE think of your family! THINK OF YOURSELF. One thing about Eric - I remember when he won his pro status - my mom said then "Good - now you can quit this" and Eric replied "No, mom, its only just beginning". I think it is unfathomable that a person would have to use steroids in order to even place at the IFBB level. We all know that every one of them is on a series of steroids - that is done in such a manner that it is undectible in drug testing. I am very saddened by that - but please PLEASE do not run with this, thinking that my brother died from steroids. Those answers will come- and I at this time, cannot address it - the truth will come out eventually. If any of you are aware of, or know of people at his gym that were up to no good would honor my brothers memory by giving those names to the proper authorities - it may save a life. It coul have saved my brothers life.....
 :'( :'(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: From Eric Otero's family in Houston
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 11:07:18 AM »
Hey, my prayers are with you.  If you guys want to set up a paypal account to accept donations, I am sure that many of us here would donate.  He left behind a wife that was 7 months pregnant, right? Heartbreaking.

I'm not sure you'll receive much help here in finding the source of the bad shot you seek.  Might be better to let that sleeping dog lie and look forward IMHO.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 11:09:33 AM »
I think it is unfathomable that a person would have to use steroids in order to even place at the IFBB level

:-\ he is absolutely right about it.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 11:10:46 AM »
I read and replied to this in Muscle Mayhem. We are all so sorry for the tragic loss, and it is tragic as it was unecessary.

:( :'(

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 11:41:33 AM »
Hey, my prayers are with you.  If you guys want to set up a paypal account to accept donations, I am sure that many of us here would donate.  He left behind a wife that was 7 months pregnant, right? Heartbreaking.

I'm not sure you'll receive much help here in finding the source of the bad shot you seek.  Might be better to let that sleeping dog lie and look forward IMHO.
240, with all your baggage you sound like an idiot say the above

RAT MCBAT

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 11:55:56 AM »
any rumor on what he died from? someone on MM said street drugs, anyone confirm this.
sorry to hear about his passing
forget what you know

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 12:06:08 PM »
I was with you up to this point:

Sorry about your brother, but if you're looking for rats, you've come to the wrong place.  Take your "Just Say No" and "DARE" bumper-stickers elsewhere, soccer-mom.  >:(

That was a real sympathetic post ???!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »

Sorry about your brother, but if you're looking for rats, you've come to the wrong place.  Take your "Just Say No" and "DARE" bumper-stickers elsewhere, soccer-mom.  >:(

Wth is up with you? ???

MCheshier

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 12:30:47 PM »
I will absolutely NOT "take my signs anywhere"  Shame on you for saying that at this time!  I pray nothing like this happens to you, and you have to see just your sort of post.  I will NOT "Take it somewhere else".  Shame on you for even thinking as you are.  Apparently, you are not thinking.  How would YOU feel if someone wrote that for YOUR suffering family to see.  I pray for your mercy.  Please don't even respond back to this - mine and my families hearts cannot take it at this time.

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 01:24:40 PM »

Excellent reply.

Hey, people die every day.  Quit blaming someone else.  The simple issue is, he was
doing something "HE CHOSE TO DO"

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 01:45:01 PM »
We all know that every one of them is on a series of steroids - that is done in such a manner that it is undectible in drug testing.

No.  They're easily detectible in drug tests.  The orgs (including many of the ones claiming to be natural) are choosing not to do the drug tests.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 01:50:45 PM »
No.  They're easily detectible in drug tests.  The orgs (including many of the ones claiming to be natural) are choosing not to do the drug tests.

they do the drug testin .. but the samples always get conveniently lost on the way to the lab..... thats the biz!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 01:53:24 PM »
Can you imagine what would happen if there was drug testing at the Mr O?

alexxx would be mr olympia because he was the only natural competitor.

MCheshier

• Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 02:00:23 PM »
I wish that you people could stop putting words in my familys mouth - we are not out to get "your suppliers"  that is YOUR issue to deal with.  We are mourning right now - and if you could show just a mustard seed of consideration at this point - as I am quite sure you would want for YOUR families at a time like this - it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for all your love and support in this tragic time for my family and in my brothers memory.  I guess you are showing me what a bodybuilding family is all about.  I hope your families never have to hear from people like you.  God bless you for your ignorance.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 02:01:55 PM »
I wish that you people could stop putting words in my familys mouth - we are not out to get "your suppliers"  that is YOUR issue to deal with.  We are mourning right now - and if you could show just a mustard seed of consideration at this point - as I am quite sure you would want for YOUR families at a time like this - it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for all your love and support in this tragic time for my family and in my brothers memory.  I guess you are showing me what a bodybuilding family is all about.  I hope your families never have to hear from people like you.  God bless you for your ignorance.

may i suggest you scurry away and mourn with dignity in private ....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 02:04:08 PM »
What exactly are you looking for, in simple terms?

Your brother's drug dealer?

I know you want payback at a time like this, but even if someone here knew, it'd be putting that person in danger by telling.   If you're enough of a loose cannon to come on boards and announce this to strangers, you're probably going to be emotional in a confrontation, leading to you leaking the source of your info.  This would put your informant at risk.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 02:08:01 PM »
Besides, the best way to get vengence is to shave your head, grow a cool 70s stache, and join his gym incognito.  Train later in the evening and nod at the pimply, bloated guys with big muscles.   After busting you ass for a week and dropping coin on supplements every time (showing youre gullible and have some money to spend), get one to approach you.  Mention "that one guy who died".  They will deny it.  Tell them you'd buy their "juice" if they can provide some kind of assurance they were not behind the "hot shot" you spoke of.  They will reveal something.  You will know you found the guy.

Calmly go to your car, open the trunk, and unleash the wrath on the guy like only one man can...

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 02:13:59 PM »
No offense, but Getbig is renowned for being the nastiest, most hate filled, morally bankrupt place on the net. Thats why we love it. Coming here preaching about steroids is not the way to go. It is a tragedy that your brother died, but it was his choice. Just like its our choice.
My sincerest condolences to your family.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 02:53:57 PM »
they do the drug testin .. but the samples always get conveniently lost on the way to the lab..... thats the biz!

"doing the drug test" means testing the sample, not just collecting the sample.  the orgs are choosing not to test the sample.  reasons include testing is expensive and that the audience doesn't really want to see truly natural bodybuilders.

but this discussion really has nothing to do with Eric's death.  people don't die directly of steroid use or abuse.   on the other hand, a single misuse of insulin or diuretics can kill.  And way too many young people die from the use of stimulants for athletic performance enhancement. 

However, early rumors of Eric's death suggested a bacterial infection that got out of control.  So it is possible that his death had nothing to do with his bodybuilding lifestyle.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 03:23:31 PM »

I'm sorry that Eric passed on but you sounding kind of fishy.
A

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2006, 03:28:29 PM »
My family is in complete shock and disbelief at this time over my brother's untimely death. We appreciate those of you in the BB community who loved my brother. There are some very horrible things that are coming to my family about my brother- and when the time is right, I will post again with more details...at this time, I would like to say to all of you who are chasing the dream of being Mr. Universe - PLEASE think of your family! THINK OF YOURSELF. One thing about Eric - I remember when he won his pro status - my mom said then "Good - now you can quit this" and Eric replied "No, mom, its only just beginning". I think it is unfathomable that a person would have to use steroids in order to even place at the IFBB level. We all know that every one of them is on a series of steroids - that is done in such a manner that it is undectible in drug testing. I am very saddened by that - but please PLEASE do not run with this, thinking that my brother died from steroids. Those answers will come- and I at this time, cannot address it - the truth will come out eventually. If any of you are aware of, or know of people at his gym that were up to no good would honor my brothers memory by giving those names to the proper authorities - it may save a life. It coul have saved my brothers life.....
 :'( :'(

I never knew your brother other than as a bodybuilder seen on stage and in mags, etc. I am very sorry for your loss, but applaud your courage in posting this message. Sadly many in/around this sport will look upon it in a negative light. I love bodybuilding and it is my beloved hobby of many years. I don't get too serious about it however for some of the reasons you mentioned.
I wish you some peace at this time.
Sincerely, Howard in Ga
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!