Author Topic: Official Response re Colorado Pro Checks  (Read 10461 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Official Response re Colorado Pro Checks
« on: May 22, 2006, 06:33:39 PM »
I wasn't able to read this on the air (ProBBWeekly) as we ran long...here is the fax from US Bank:

May 19, 2006

Colorado Pro Show Inc.

Attention: Edward Rickles

Re: US Bank Checking Account

Dear Mr. Rickles:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the following checks that were returned in error due to a systems problem on May 18th 2006. Please note that all service charges incurred will be reversed.

Check number 1024 for $25,000.00
                    1027 for $5,000.00
                    1017 for $250.00
                    1042 for $275.00
                    1047 for $400.00
                    1039 for $1,000.00
                    1014 for $1,000.00
                    1035 for $2,000.00
                    1034 for $3,000.00
                    1048 for $3,500.00
                    1040 for $3,500.00

Your relationship is very important to US bank Andee apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Lisa Kaplan
Vice President and Branch Manager

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: OFFICIAL RESPONSE / COLO PRO CHECKS
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 06:36:15 PM »
So did you get your check? Oh wait you'd have to get into "contest condition" like thats ever going to happen. ::)
just push some weight!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Official Response re Colorado Pro Checks
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 06:45:24 PM »
As I said before, with varying account, there can be some situations with multiple accounts. As a businessman, we have had some situations, especially with checking from outside the state of California trying to clear via sweep accounts. Instead of clearing them immediately, they hold them.

End of story.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 07:03:28 PM »
Why is Chick starting this thread?

Shouldn't Shawn Ray have announced this information?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 09:05:03 PM »
Why is Chick starting this thread?

Shouldn't Shawn Ray have announced this information?

Simple reason:

Shawn happened to be in a meeting with the owners of Vyotech 1/2 hour before we went on the air...I wanted to address the issue on the program...they agreed to fax me the official bank response so I could read it on the air.

We ran short on time with the schedule, and I wasn't able to get it on...so I decided to paste it here on Getbig, as there has been many conspiracy theories on  the subject...all of them wrong.

Hope this gives closure to it.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 09:09:43 PM »
Do you think we get a scan of that letter or a screenshot of the email? Thanks robert.

p.s. i saw your brutal training tips in this month's maxim.
Deep Tissue Massage

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 09:13:47 PM »
Simple reason:

Shawn happened to be in a meeting with the owners of Vyotech 1/2 hour before we went on the air...I wanted to address the issue on the program...they agreed to fax me the official bank response so I could read it on the air.

We ran short on time with the schedule, and I wasn't able to get it on...so I decided to paste it here on Getbig, as there has been many conspiracy theories on  the subject...all of them wrong.

Hope this gives closure to it.

SERIOUSLY Chic if these knucleheads compalin after this...wtf. I am surprised you did this, you seem to be trying hard to deal with the fans.  Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »
Yeah, Id be more than happy to...if I knew how to scan it/ post it. Shawn pretty up on that stuff...if he wants to scan it, thats his call. I can assure you, it's word for word.

Everones been paid.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 09:42:28 PM »
Oh brother. ::)

You'd think Shawn was Satan incarnate and Chick's his high priest of darkness.  For crying out loud people, get off it already.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 09:49:52 PM »
Bob, can you log into BBing.com and check the status of my creatine?

just kidding.  Good show tonight, except for the PDI bashing.  The rest was good though.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 11:06:52 PM »
Still suspect.  Why isn't the money in an escrow account specially for the prizes.  Isn't all IFBB shows supposed to have the prize money in place prior to granting a sanction.  Why does this show have more than one account (except for an additonal account for the prize money).  I don't understand why there is more than one account.   It is not standard business practice for an even like this for multiple accounts.  All that does is make it more confusing and harder to account for receivables and payables.  This is not how you do it.  Sorry.  All the fancy sugar coating does not hide the fact that there was no money in the account to cover the checks at the time they were cashed.  Something isn't being told.  And were there any fees any of these checks caused the payee.  Sorry, but unless their computer system completely crashed the day all these checks just s happen to come through yet other were cashed is suspect.  Did the check to the convention center bounce.  Guaranteed NO.  Did the Hummer check bounce, guaranteed NO.  It seems that just the prize money bounced.  Odd isn't it.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 11:14:09 PM »
Get over it already. Go to the bank, and listen to what multiple accounts are - where you keep the majority of money in one for interest reasons, and others are empty except money money is swept into it. Enough of this.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 11:24:51 PM »
Okay I have multiple accounts myself.   I just make sure I have money in them and not write checks from an account that doesn't have enough money in it to cover the check I just wrote.  That is Banking 101 for the supporters of this intersting way of doing business. 

Ron, you guys continually bash and say how the PDI is nothing, yet the have done nothing wrong either.  Yet when an IFBB Living Legend promotes an IFBB show and boasts about having the 3rd largest purse in the IFBB in his first year and bounces not one check or two checks but many checks, that is not newsworthy and you want to glance over it like it is an everyday occurence.  Not matter the checks cleared.  Yes great job they got them cleared but it is somethign that shoudln't have happened.  It is obvious that the money was not in the account cause they were planning on using the money from ticket sales and attendance.  I know how it works Ron.  First the ticket company who he used has to do there accounting.  After they take their cut of the ticket sales they cut Sean a check for the balance.  The convention center has to do their accounting also for ticket sales that were taken at the show.  When all done they cut their check.  Unless the ticket company ran the sales at the show too.  More than likely it took a couple days.  So, the money was late.  No big deal just come out and say it.

But, since everything has been paid we have been told then its all cool and now the Colorado Pro is the best show of the year (behind the NOC) hehehe ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 11:33:54 PM »
Still suspect.  Why isn't the money in an escrow account specially for the prizes.  Isn't all IFBB shows supposed to have the prize money in place prior to granting a sanction.  Why does this show have more than one account (except for an additonal account for the prize money).  I don't understand why there is more than one account.   It is not standard business practice for an even like this for multiple accounts.  All that does is make it more confusing and harder to account for receivables and payables.  This is not how you do it.  Sorry.  All the fancy sugar coating does not hide the fact that there was no money in the account to cover the checks at the time they were cashed.  Something isn't being told.  And were there any fees any of these checks caused the payee.  Sorry, but unless their computer system completely crashed the day all these checks just s happen to come through yet other were cashed is suspect.  Did the check to the convention center bounce.  Guaranteed NO.  Did the Hummer check bounce, guaranteed NO.  It seems that just the prize money bounced.  Odd isn't it.

It wasn't just the prize money, as evidenced by the checks for $250.00, etc.

Did you NOT read the statement from the bank, Keith? It wasn't Vyotechs fault, or Phils fault...quit the conspiracy theories, bro...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 12:12:40 AM »

GOSH to hell!   >:(

Given the time it normally takes for the competitors to get paid after a show, you naysayers should be rejoicing over the fact that the show was less than 10 days ago and EVERYONE HAS BEEN PAID. 

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 12:29:00 AM »

ROFLMAO!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 01:52:11 AM »
Okay I am done.  Had to vent.  Just hate it when this show and the IFBB are supposed to be so perfect yet when something goes wrong everyone has to ignore it. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 03:56:47 AM »

just kidding.  Good show tonight, except for the PDI bashing.  The rest was good though.

you are such a liar  LOL

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 06:01:03 AM »
Okay I have multiple accounts myself.   I just make sure I have money in them and not write checks from an account that doesn't have enough money in it to cover the check I just wrote.  That is Banking 101 for the supporters of this intersting way of doing business. 

Keith, you know I have no beef at all with you as you are a pretty cool guy and have some great stories but I really think it is time to end this beef, riff or whatever you want to call it with Shawn and his show.....

Time to focus on other things...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 06:19:15 AM »
Keith, you know I have no beef at all with you as you are a pretty cool guy and have some great stories but I really think it is time to end this beef, riff or whatever you want to call it with Shawn and his show.....

Time to focus on other things...

nah, i suspect we wont back off anytime soon.   :)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 09:01:41 AM »
Bob, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  I have several accounts and I have a small 1 I keep for Pay-Pal.  I had 3 thousand 100 dollars in it last Friday and yesterday I find out I only have 100 bucks in it ???  The 3 grand somehow ended up in another account.  Nothing crooked went on, just some teller pushing the wrong numbers.  I was pissed, but when the money showed in another account I can see how this could happen when dealing with mucho $$$.  It makes you look shady, but it happens all the time and you were just a victim of the computerized banking system.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 09:02:51 AM »
I hope this Andee gets fired.
Motherboy (the band).

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 09:07:57 AM »
Bob, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  I have several accounts and I have a small 1 I keep for Pay-Pal.  I had 3 thousand 100 dollars in it last Friday and yesterday I find out I only have 100 bucks in it ???  The 3 grand somehow ended up in another account.  Nothing crooked went on, just some teller pushing the wrong numbers.  I was pissed, but when the money showed in another account I can see how this could happen when dealing with mucho $$$.  It makes you look shady, but it happens all the time and you were just a victim of the computerized banking system.

Tell me about it....I bought a lamp last week. When I got home I checked my banking via email...sure enough, theres a deduction for $5,274.00 for the lamp....guy put the decimal point in the wrong spot...!

I only laugh at the continuous conspiracies, when the US Bank itself claimed to be in the wrong.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 11:05:20 AM »
Looks like the mods have gone Cutler on this thread!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 09:13:25 AM »
Nice.  Keep it alive.  I may have been wrong about the "banking error". 
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio