Author Topic: If the NFL was run the same as the IFBB...  (Read 6072 times)

Diesel1

• Getbig V
If the NFL was run the same as the IFBB...
« on: May 23, 2006, 01:04:54 PM »
and you knew that for the next seven or eight years the Dallas Cowboys were going to win the Super Bowl every season, would you still follow football?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: If the NFL was run the same as the IFBB...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 01:06:30 PM »
follow it down the drain? yes.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 01:08:17 PM »
and you knew that for the next seven or eight years the Dallas Cowboys were going to win the Super Bowl every season, would you still follow football?

Hell no.

Especially if one of those SB wins came down to controversial judgement by the ref's.............
HAHA, RON.....

thisiskeith12

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 01:08:53 PM »
That's the reason the IFBB isn't as successful as it could be. You have people not wanting to share profits.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 01:09:10 PM »
Only if Madden was the commentator for every game. That senile guy says some silly shit. Hes the ramblin freak of football....

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 01:11:04 PM »
Only if Madden was the commentator for every game. That senile guy says some silly shit. Hes the ramblin freak of football....

I can't believe ANYONE would actually pay millions of bucks to have that idiot talk over football games...........
HAHA, RON.....

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 01:18:59 PM »
Yeah I know man, anybody who thinks madden is a moron should watch this,

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 01:32:43 PM »
Yeah I know man, anybody who thinks madden is a moron should watch this,

Dude's hilarious!
HAHA, RON.....

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 01:41:20 PM »
I can't believe ANYONE would actually pay millions of bucks to have that idiot talk over football games...........

Madden is hardly an idiot. He was a great football coach. He is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The Raiders had the best winning percentage in football during Madden's coaching tenure. The Raiders went 103-32-7 in his 10 years as head coach and won a Superbowl. He also has been a great analyst since 1980.
The House that Ruth built

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 01:45:44 PM »
Yeah - when the Chicago Bulls in Basketball won 6 out of 7 titles, we should all of left, screamed, yelled, and said "Hey - why watch since we know they will win".

Ronnie Coleman is the king now, has been the best bodybuilder, and when or if you go to the contest in the last three years, you would know that.

And each year, it gets more exciting, because at age 42, we do not know if Ronnie can still be the man to be at the top.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 01:46:53 PM »
Madden was one of the best coaches there was and used to be a good commentator, but if you listened to some of his more recent games, youd realize that ABC could hire any schmoe off the street and it would be almost the same thing. I was also tired of all the monday night games with brett favre, I think madden has a huge crush on him

thisiskeith12

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 01:56:52 PM »
Madden was an okay coach, for the most part he's been overrated thanks to his game. That's why he was so late getting into the Hall of Fame.

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »
If the NFL was run the same as the IFBB we would have a bunch of lyle alzados running around.  Its one thing when you juice as a bodybuilder and another as a football player.  The NFL is a deadly sport.  We would have players getting killed on the field.  Thats why the NFL is so tough on their drug policy.
Truly STOP WHINING

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 02:02:11 PM »
Madden was an okay coach,

The Raiders went 103-32-7 in his 10 years. Overated? Exactly how? ???

thisiskeith12

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 02:05:29 PM »
The Raiders went 103-32-7 in his 10 years. Overated? Exactly how? ???

Playoffs were his enemy. He only won one Super Bowl.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 02:15:12 PM »
Coaches cant do everything. Im a Bills fan and I only know super bowl heartache so well, but I still consider Marv Levy a great coach.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 02:29:18 PM »
Yeah - when the Chicago Bulls in Basketball won 6 out of 7 titles, we should all of left, screamed, yelled, and said "Hey - why watch since we know they will win".

The only problem with that statement is that when they won all those titles it was a team effort and there were no judges looking at score cards. The same could be said for Phil Jackson when he took over the Lakers and brought back to back titles.....again, it was a team effort, no judges involved!!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 02:58:35 PM »

Ronnie Coleman is the king now, has been the best bodybuilder, and when or if you go to the contest in the last three years, you would know that.

And each year, it gets more exciting, because at age 42, we do not know if Ronnie can still be the man to be at the top.

No need to defned our sport and champs Ron, I , like you am a fan of the overall sport. However, the NFL did report profits from TV revenue alone of just over 50 billion under the direction of now retired comm Paul Tagleboo.

To generate big bucks and develop a real fan base the sport needs some kind of reg TV spots.
I mean c'mon, you mean to tell me BOWLING or Poker is THAT much better to watch than bodybuilding.?????
Clean it up some, and remove the  absurd synthol idiot freaks, and we might just do it.
Guys like Heath, Cutler , Dexter , Darrem and (Ronnie if he keeps his waist tight) can sell the sport.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 03:05:21 PM »
Bodybuilding will NEVER be anywhere near as popular as the NFL.  Guys grow up playing football, so they can appreciate more what the NFL players do.  Not true of bodybuilding.  They might be able to relate to powerlifting a bit, but the general public has absolutely no concept of what goes into being a succesful bodybuilder.  All they think is do enough juice and anybody can do it.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 03:18:28 PM »

i understand drag queens have the same enthusiasm and excitement for their pageants ron

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 04:09:31 PM »
if the NFL was like the IFBB, all the players would be naked and passes would be caught with their sphincters instead of hands, no?
Deep Tissue Massage

thisiskeith12

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 04:10:15 PM »
Coaches cant do everything. Im a Bills fan and I only know super bowl heartache so well, but I still consider Marv Levy a great coach.

I'm a Bills fan too. I miss Eric. Marv is different than Madden. Marv constantly won throughout the playoffs until it came down to Super Bowls. Madden's playoff record isn't nearly as good.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 05:05:35 PM »

Yeah, in one try. How does winning only one Superbowl count against you?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 05:07:30 PM »

Marv Levy wasa great coach. He went to the big dance four times. Getting there that many times in such a short time span was very impressive. He was one Scott Norwood field goal away in 1991.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 05:17:32 PM »
if the NFL was like the IFBB, all the players would be naked and passes would be caught with their sphincters instead of hands, no?

If the IFBB were like any major league team in any sport (BB isn't a sport by the way) the bodybuilders themselves would be held accountable for any immoral actions that would make the industry look bad, and if the IFBB were smart they would do just that and FINE anyone for getting out of line!!