Author Topic: Bob Chick and his PDI/Demelia comment  (Read 2842 times)

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Bob Chick and his PDI/Demelia comment
« on: May 23, 2006, 07:42:09 PM »
What did people think of Bob Chick's comment about PDI when he was MCing? Something about the IFBB being a professional organization, not the PDI (I can't quite recall, so correct me if memory fails me Chick). "Where's Wayne DeMeilia when you need him?"

Weren't Bob and Shawn Ray critical of the IFBB at one point? Have they been "co-opted", granted some authority (Bob as athlete's rep; Shawn allowed to maybe make some money off a pro show) and now bought into the IFBB hook, line and sinker?

(By the way, I'm NOT dissing the IFBB, Shawn or Chick. The IFBB has been bodybuilding for fifty years-- but I look forward, as a fan, to the PDI. Shawn will go down in the books as one of the best. And Chcik kicked ass at the Masters).

It will be funny to see in years to come how many of those guys onstage Saturday night are on PDI stages...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Bob Chick and his PDI/Demelia comment
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 07:45:57 PM »
I hope this question doesn't get deleted.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 11:12:46 PM »
it's reactionary. people can be critical of the ifbb but still think it's the big game in town, and with the pdi (mainly the followers) basically saying the ifbb is nothing but a big corrupt machine that should be eradicated off the face of the planet, you can understand why he'd make a comment like that.

i think of it like people who criticize america but still defend it when foreigners talk shit. mad at the flaws, still think it's good overall.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 12:02:17 AM »
Bob really isnt that intelligent, i mean lets face it what sort of a buisness decision is it for any pro especially one as bad as him to become a pro in the first place, but dont pick on him, he has personal training for the rest of his life with no health insurance to look forward to, so let him have his day in the sun, athletes rep give me a break, and here he is ditching De Milla who could be a future employer, oh i forgot he set up for life now after his first place in the masters :P

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 12:05:20 AM »
All kidding aside-

Bob is a good public speaker.  Bob is a good BBer actor.  Bob makes a living in the sport despite never being very good at the sport.

However, Bob is not an intelligent man- and I don't think anyone will argue for Bob's brilliance.  Bob puts his foot in his mouth frequently and well, you know...

That being said, there are a lot of successful dumb people, and a lot of poor smart people, so that doesn't always mean much.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 12:05:28 AM »
Bob really isnt that intelligent, i mean lets face it what sort of a buisness decision is it for any pro especially one as bad as him to become a pro in the first place, but dont pick on him, he has personal training for the rest of his life with no health insurance to look forward to, so let him have his day in the sun, athletes rep give me a break, and here he is ditching De Milla who could be a future employer, oh i forgot he set up for life now after his first place in the masters :P

You're nowhere near as big as Bob ::)

thisiskeith12

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 07:40:09 AM »
I can't wait until the NOC show with Rodney St. Cloud and big bootied strippers in front of 9 year old kids! It's gonna be a blast! That's entertainment and betterment for bodybuilding! Maybe Wayne will step it up a notch this year with a dildo? :o

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 07:46:19 AM »
Why anyone doesn't want the PDI to succeed is beyond me.

Competition is a good thing for everyone involved, the fans, the athletes and the organizations themselves. To say otherwise smacks of an agenda.

I hope the PDI flourishes and in turn the IFBB corrects some of the things that it needs to fix.

In the end everyone will be better for it, even if one organization fails.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 07:50:18 AM »
I want the PDI to be decent, not a sleazy escapade.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 08:12:17 AM »
I want the PDI to be decent, not a sleazy escapade.

You're worried about sleaze? You realize we're talking about professional bodybuilding right?

If sleaze is your concern then perhaps you need to choose a new hobby.

If all you have to latch onto in your quest to discredit is sleaze in your quest to discredit the PDI then clearly you have an agenda and you ultimately don't want the PDI to succeed.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 08:30:01 AM »
Bob makes a living in the sport despite never being very good at the sport.

I have to take exception to this statement here.  OK, Bob has turned pro, won one pro show, placed 2nd in two others and top 6 in two others.  Winning ANY pro show at all already puts him in pretty good company, as the vast majority of IFBB pros have not and will never win a contest!  So saying he's never been very good at his sport is simply not accurate.

I understand this is just yet another attempt for you to get under Bob's skin, but still I couldn't let that one go without pointing out that it's simply not true.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 08:37:17 AM »
I have to take exception to this statement here.  OK, Bob has turned pro, won one pro show, placed 2nd in two others and top 6 in two others.  Winning ANY pro show at all already puts him in pretty good company, as the vast majority of IFBB pros have not and will never win a contest!  So saying he's never been very good at his sport is simply not accurate.

I understand this is just yet another attempt for you to get under Bob's skin, but still I couldn't let that one go without pointing out that it's simply not true.

I wouldn't hang my hat on the Master's win. The event was concocted to give him a win. I'd be more impressed with the 2 second place finishes.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 08:39:55 AM »
i'll say the same thing about Chick that i say about his buddy Kamali, he's a very good bodybuilder but compared to the guys he's competing against he looks like shit.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 08:42:24 AM »

fair enough, he's no kenny jones.  But to expose his body to that level of toxins and gear for something like 27(?) years for a pro card and two runner ups doesn't seem worth it.  

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 09:32:04 AM »
fair enough, he's no kenny jones.  But to expose his body to that level of toxins and gear for something like 27(?) years for a pro card and two runner ups doesn't seem worth it.  

OUCH! that is sooo true, something he can never refute
L