Author Topic: LITTLE MEN KEEP ON COMPLAINING!  (Read 13907 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
LITTLE MEN KEEP ON COMPLAINING!
« on: May 23, 2006, 08:03:36 PM »
I noticed that the smaller guys, when we talk about strengh, they always say pound for pound this 120 pound says JOJ beats everybody.. ??? This makes no sense! Ok here is an example:

Ronnie benching 5 plates at 300 pounds
Tiny strengh enthousiast maxing at 5 plates at 180 pounds

Why would you say the tiny sucker is stronger? I bet if he was going for size that he would be benching 5 plates still at a bodyweight of 181 pounds.. Ronnie could bench 5 plates at 220pounds! Anyways food for though.
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: LITTLE MEN KEEP ON COMPAINING!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 08:07:10 PM »
Sorry I meant that bigger guys lifting heavy weights is as impressive as little guys lifting the same weight.
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:09:09 PM »
You think little guys choose to be small or are they afraid of training? Say anyone lower than 220 pounds?
just push some weight!

Bast175

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 08:10:54 PM »
Sorry I meant that bigger guys lifting heavy weights is as impressive as little guys lifting the same weight.

Is this 'Alexxx Logic' (aka stupidity)?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 08:12:05 PM »
I noticed that the smaller guys, when we talk about strengh, they always say pound for pound this 120 pound says JOJ beats everybody.. ??? This makes no sense! Ok here is an example:

Why would you say the tiny sucker is stronger? I bet if he was going for size that he would be benching 5 plates still at a bodyweight of 181 pounds.. Ronnie could bench 5 plates at 220pounds! Anyways food for though.

Please don't drink and post!!

Hope this helps!!

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 08:19:02 PM »
I always think it's impressive when a little guy can lift a lot of weight for his size but it's no match for a big guy lifting more weight. An exception is a little guy who can do a lot of pull-ups because he has no real bodyweight, or does a lot of dips because he has no legs to weigh him down. I'm not impressed with either of those. 
tiny-tit bounty hunter

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 09:57:18 PM »

In powerfliting a formula is used where the lifts are multiplied by a scaled coeficeint to determine best overall lifter.
the 2 most popular formulas were the Schwartz and the Malone.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 09:59:00 PM »
 ::)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 10:27:58 PM »

I'm pretty sure that this is a stupid post ;D

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 10:44:26 PM »
someone that benches (for example) 5 plates a side at 180 lb bodyweight is more impressive than someone that benches 5 a side at 300 lb bodyweight. 

scubaculture

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 10:45:03 PM »
You think little guys choose to be small or are they afraid of training? Say anyone lower than 220 pounds?

And you are over 220?  ::)

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 10:46:41 PM »
Alexxx is weak for his bodyweight. What a pussy.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 10:47:09 PM »
Please don't drink and post!!

Hope this helps!!

lmao!!!  Another comedy gem from I-One.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 05:45:38 AM »

Alexxx as much as I try to ignore you, you're childish and stupid posts make it almost impossible.  Ok, we all get the point that you are tall.  Fine, go with it.  It does not mean that everyone who is shorter than you is less than you.  As soon as you are outlifted by someone shorter than you you pull the old cop out "well his arms are shorter than mine"  boo fucking hoo.  Cry me a river.

You are starting to look like you're lacking alot of self confidence....here's one for you:  shut the hell up and train, stop trying to make yourself feel better by putting other people down.
nasser=piece of shit

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 06:32:22 AM »
The "beauty" of strength training is that depending on your build you are bound to have some lifts in which you are predisposed to be stronger or weaker. Very few guys can say that they have perfectly balanced strength levels, unless they worked very hard to correct biomechanical disadvantages.

For example take two opposite body types:

a) short limbs/relatively long torso ... in Soviet sport-science literature this is called a "dolicomorph" but in layman's terms we could say "short and stocky".

b) long limbs/relatively short torso ... still in Soviet sport-science lit this is called a "brachiomorph"

Now, the first body-type is built to be mechanically advantaged in lifts such as the bench press and squats while the second body type is mechanically advantaged for deadlift-types of exercises, olympic lifts and most pulling movements.

So in that case a lighter/shorter dolicomorph might be able to bench much more than a heavier/taller brachiomorph. So in that regard relative strength (strength vs. bodyweight) might not be all that relevant.

However, if we take two individuals with the same body-type, the heavier lifter (all other things being equal) will always have the advantage. First because the added muscle mass increases strength potential, second because in some lifts the added "bulk" actually provides a certain mechanical advantages, often by reducing the movement's range of motion. Take for example a guy with a huge chest, he will have to lower the bar to a lesser extent because of his muscle mass. Same thing goes for a guy with huge glutes, hams and calves when we are talking about squatting. This is why, in powerlifting/pure strength training, added weight, even in the form of fat can help you lift more weight. So an heavier lifter should be able to lift more (given a similar body type and level of training). Hence the reason why a 180lbs guy bench pressing 500lbs is more impressive than a 300lbs guy doing the same weight.

The only basic lift where added bulk doesn't provide much of an advantage is the deadlift because being "thicker" sometimes prevent the lifter from keeping the bar close to his body, which increases the difficulty of the lift. 

As it was mentionned earlier in the thread, this is the reason why strength sports like powerlifting and olympic lifting use formulas to adjust the weight lifted to the body weight, so that lifters can be compared.

That having been said, as I mentionned earlier... being bigger, even in the form of muscle mass, is no garantee of being potentially stronger because different body types are built to perform well on different lifts. Take me for example, I'm a short and stocky fellow... as a result I have always had great facility squatting and bench pressing big weights. However the deadlift has always been a huge achilles tendon of mine. This is a shame because I actually started out as an olympic lifter (a sport which requires a pulling-advantaged body). When I trained with several members of the Canadian National team at the Centre Claude-Robillard I would always kick everybody's ass in the squat and front squat... including several guys who competed at the world championships, Pan Am games and even Olympics. However when it came to performing the actual competition lifts I wasn't even remotely close.

That's not to say that it's impossible to go against your natural leverage. One of my best friend is a natural powerlifter/strongman competitor. He's 6'3" and around 290 with super long arms and legs and a very short torso. As a result he is a natural deadlifting machine. Heck when he was 16 years of age... at a bodyweight of 178lbs (still on 6'3") he held the Canadian junior record with a 600lbs effort!!! However for the longest time his bench press and squat sucked.

But he kept on training hard and eating everything in sight and now at 29 years of age he bench pressed 535lbs in competition (making 575lbs in the gym) and squatting in the low 700s. It took him a long time, but he was able to build decent lifts against his poor leverages.

Bottom line is that added size will help you lift bigger weights, however sheer bodyweight is not the only factor to consider when comparing two lifters.

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 06:42:01 AM »
Well put CT I am a brachiomorph my self and I know very well what you are talking about as I competed
in powerlifting under 20 years :)
That is the weight in kg(near 800 pounds?)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 06:44:07 AM »
Lee Haney said it  best, "your muscles cant see how much they are lifting"
L

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 06:56:10 AM »
no offense alexxx you are a funny guy but you look like you've never lifted a weight in your life.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 07:09:33 AM »
What the hell is COMPAINING? 

Any chance you could use spell check, at least for the title of your thread?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 07:27:34 AM »
no offense alexxx you are a funny guy but you look like you've never lifted a weight in your life.

Yes thats why everyone around me thinks I am the next big thing. ::)
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 07:29:33 AM »

You still have some work to do my friend   ;)

scubaculture

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: LITTLE MEN KEEP ON COMPLAINING!
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 07:38:00 AM »
You are hanging out with the wrong people dude

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 07:40:02 AM »

This is perhaps my favorite post ever.

If there's even a shred of seriousness attached to it you honestly need to drink a tall cool glass of antifreeze.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 07:41:34 AM »

Quote of the year.  He didn't say He works in a bathhouse :-X
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 07:43:24 AM »
This is perhaps my favorite post ever.

If there's even a shred of seriousness attached to it you honestly need to drink a tall cool glass of antifreeze.

LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D
nasser=piece of shit