Author Topic: A Lookat some of the PDI Guys  (Read 16532 times)

flurby

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: A Lookat some of the PDI Guys
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2006, 04:22:21 PM »
I disagree, if that were the case, attendance would not be dropping in the IFBB/NPC.
just because the attendance is droping in ifbb/npc doesnt mean its gonna improve for another federation, it just means people dont give a rat ass about bodybuilding as a whole.

musclestang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2006, 05:21:54 PM »
how is big ant a pdi pro he looks more like small ant.  what is he like 170

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2006, 05:27:12 PM »
Vinny Galanti

Reminds me of Bob Paris.  Nice to see a more classical physique.
[img]http://ima

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2006, 07:22:36 PM »
What a line-up.  Can't tell whether its a pro show or a pro-qualifier......hahahahahaha!!!!!

Man your a wack Job! What are you talking about meatball!  You make it sound like your some TOp pro from the other organization..whenn your a nobody...you wouldn tplace in the Novice dude. Even The Alexx OWNS YOU! (im Serious!)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2006, 07:25:35 PM »

The WBF at least had legitimate pros competing.  The PDI is a hodge-potch of destitute pros looking for a handout or A cup of hot soup and beans and some washed up NPC and NABBA competitors who somehow.... ::) were given pro cards???? 

Best way to describe it is that the PDI is a clusterfuck that is waiting to fail.....AGAIN!!!
Then ironically we can get back to cleaning up the mess Wayne made in the IFBB

Vince, would you go to the PDI if you were offered a pro card? maybe you should do their pro qualifier, your guaranteeing a victory in your next contest- heavyweight class too- do it for the PDI and turn pro!  ;D

RHINO290

« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2006, 05:44:38 AM »
just because the attendance is droping in ifbb/npc doesnt mean its gonna improve for another federation, it just means people dont give a rat ass about bodybuilding as a whole.

No,no,no.  What it means is that the fanbase is dropping because the fans are sick of the same old thing.... I hear it everyday "i'm not going to the olympia this year Jack, because I already know the outcome"
They then proced to say " I am going to the NOC though, wayne always puts on a great show"

Mind you, I am not saying this because I am in the show, this is what I am being told......

Dr. Shock

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2006, 06:48:58 AM »
Dont forget Steve Sinton has moved to the PDI - 2004 Mr. Universe

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2006, 07:53:18 AM »
No,no,no.  What it means is that the fanbase is dropping because the fans are sick of the same old thing.... I hear it everyday "i'm not going to the olympia this year Jack, because I already know the outcome"
They then proced to say " I am going to the NOC though, wayne always puts on a great show"

Mind you, I am not saying this because I am in the show, this is what I am being told......
oh yeah, lets spend all this dough to see a muscle display show that isnt even a sporting event

RHINO290

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2006, 07:56:28 AM »
oh yeah, lets spend all this dough to see a muscle display show that isnt even a sporting event

Well, I think it will be fun, you know, a combination of sport/and entertainment.

Don't you think traditional bodybuilding shows are boring?

seriously, i think it will be cool.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2006, 08:03:46 AM »
i was lamenting having attended the mr olympia in previous years when ronnie 'won' and the idea of going again and again.. when the same dude wins.  it's like being stuck on stupid and ronnie stopped being a favorite after a few 'wins'

RHINO290

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2006, 08:05:43 AM »
i was lamenting having attended the mr olympia in previous years when ronnie 'won' and the idea of going again and again.. when the same dude wins.  it's like being stuck on stupid and ronnie stopped being a favorite after a few 'wins'

Right, exactly, who the hell knows what is going to happen @ The Night of Champions?

I think people are intrigued..

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2006, 09:08:24 AM »
the only people that are intrigued are a % of the crowd that already atend bodybuilding shows (and probably not a large %, as with the exception of lee priest, who wants to pay money to watc a load of lower tier guys - no offence rhino). The guys have just got pysiques that are far too unatainable to your average guy that trains hard but doesnt juice much. Thats why it just isnt going anywhere. Just my 2c

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2006, 09:10:37 AM »
'The guys have just got pysiques that are far too unatainable to your average guy that trains hard but doesnt juice much.'

Sorry - mainly as a result of the amount of juice, GH, diuretics etc these days. Geeze te guys in the 70's were big but atleast they looked human and not that ripped that they could keel over and die at any moment !!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2006, 09:11:25 AM »
Bodybuilding shows are inherently boooring.  Even for many core fans like myself.  Unless you are watching a show with one of your friends in it, or a top-level show like the Olympia or Arnold, it's pretty much a yawn fest.  Once you've seen four or five guys pose, it gets monotonous.  This is why it will never cross over.  There is nothing you can do to make it more exciting.  If you start adding props, gimmicks, etc. it just perverts the "sport" for the true fans.  I do agree that getting rid of the gut-monsters will bring back some old fans, but stop kidding yourselves.  It will never be like the 80's again.  In fact, it will never be much more than what it is now.

I agree. Bodybuilding shows by their very nature are as dull as three day old babies' bathwater.

RHINO290

« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2006, 09:11:43 AM »
the only people that are intrigued are a % of the crowd that already atend bodybuilding shows (and probably not a large %, as with the exception of lee priest, who wants to pay money to watc a load of lower tier guys - no offence rhino). The guys have just got pysiques that are far too unatainable to your average guy that trains hard but doesnt juice much. Thats why it just isnt going anywhere. Just my 2c

Thats cool, I respect your opinion, 1) I think after you see me and others onstage, you will change your opinion of our (my) quality. 2) Most IFBB shows are filled with guys who are not even 2nd tier pros, guys I could beat easily.

but again, everyone has their opinion, I will be excited to change the naysayers, just because I want to, I think this hsow will be great, because of the "wildcards" like me.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2006, 09:21:39 AM »
Thats cool, I respect your opinion, 1) I think after you see me and others onstage, you will change your opinion of our (my) quality. 2) Most IFBB shows are filled with guys who are not even 2nd tier pros, guys I could beat easily.

but again, everyone has their opinion, I will be excited to change the naysayers, just because I want to, I think this hsow will be great, because of the "wildcards" like me.

Yes - but you THINK this way Rhino coz you are really interested in the whole sport so are well into it. Like i say the majority of people (including older bodybuilding fans) just dont see it as a 'real' sport any more. Aside from the stuff i already mentioned, The judging for one thing is absoloutly ridiculous. How can you get guys who deserve like 5th or 6th place coming in 16th etc after months and months of hard work?? Ok 1 or 2 places fair enough but these things are just a joke

J. Vest

• Getbig I
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2006, 11:06:20 AM »
What (in my own opinion) is going to be most interesting about the NOC show with the PDI this year is that it will actually be a real competition.  The line-up really includes a diverse range of physiques - in so much as what is known so far, and a lot yet remains unknown.  One factor many folks may not be considering is that the athletes who have crossed from amateur ranks and now have PDI pro cards are surely going to be stepping up their game.  I mean, for argument's sake, say you got a guy who maybe should've turned pro a decade ago and maybe there was a time or two where he deserved it but didn't get it - he may have continued to compete but come on, do you think that guy would be able to remain so motivated that every single year he'd put it all out on the line in his efforts?  If you brought it, deserved it, but politics kept it just out of your grasp - would you be able to push it to the limit over and over again?  All I'm saying is that it could be that some of these guys know what they are up against now and they know this is what they've always dreamed of - if they don't seriously bring it, the guy next to them will, so I think people are going to see them better then they've ever previously been.  I think this is real bodybuilding - where anybody can win.  Sure, odds are Lee Priest will be the man but he's earned that and he's been kicking IFBB ass this year too (and I think he has looked better than ever this year).  And believe it or not there really are guys out there who just don't care for the NPC - doesn't mean they can't be competitive there, just means the NPC doesn't inspire them to put themselves through it.  I'm not saying all but there are some ignorant, disrespectful people out there who do play politics and expect their asses kissed.  What if you aren't an ass kisser or simply aren't the most pleasant individual yourself - not that difficult to bump heads with some jelly belly who is in a position to screw you.  Does it happen every time?  No.  Does it happen again and again?  Yes.  So let's take a chance and see if the PDI might actually have some real bodybuilding shows where you're judged by the physique you present with enough entertainment thrown in to keep the crowd awake.