Author Topic: Introduction and Shout Out to Lee Priest  (Read 3907 times)

Lostboy

• Getbig I
  • Lee Priest Fan
Introduction and Shout Out to Lee Priest
« on: May 25, 2006, 12:43:00 AM »
Hi, I'm Lostboy.  I became a bodybuilding fan about 1.5 years ago.  I became hooked when I went to my first Arnold Classic in 2005.  Since then, I've learned most of the names of the major competitors.  Learned a little history.  Read muscle mags, especially those with my favorite BB, Lee Priest.  I actually got my picture taken with him at the after party at the Arnold this year.  I was stoked.  I attended my second Arnold in 2006, and may even take the trip to Vegas for the O this year.  I attend as many local BB events as I can, and I'm somewhat of an ameteur photographer, so I have a BB photo album in my profile info, if you're interested.

So Lee, if you're reading this, thanks for the oportunity to meet you and get a picture, although there wasn't even really time to say more than hello.  You just stood there letting people take their picture with you forever it seemed.  That kind of thing is really appreciated by us.  So thanks.   ;D  Oh, and I thought the superman outfit was awesome! 

I look forward to learning/posting/meeting people on this board. 

Thanks,
Lostboy

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Introduction and Shout Out to Lee Priest
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 12:47:05 AM »
Welcome Lostboy, we need true fans of the sport to post here..

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 01:43:21 AM »
Welcome to the board

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:47:44 PM »
I see you enjoy the shows.. Do you also enjoy working out?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 03:21:23 PM »
Welcome but did you have to embarrass Lee by showing up in a tank top? I mean we get it his chest is small sheesh ;D
just push some weight!

Lostboy

• Getbig I
  • Lee Priest Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 05:02:37 PM »
I see you enjoy the shows.. Do you also enjoy working out?

Yes I do.  I've been told by my trainer, who "IS" a BB, that I workout like a bodybuilder does.  I just don't grow like one, probably because I've been type 1 diabetic all my life.  Diabetes has led to advanced heart disease too, which led to my death 3 years ago.  Luckily the doctors were able to revive me from my code, and roll me into ER for an emergency quad bypass.  I was 34. 

I typically do 6 days of cardio for 30 minutes on an elliptical at home, 4 days in the gym lifting and on those days, I warm up with 10 minutes of the stairmaster.  I've tried all kinds of routines, and have recently started to switch them up about every 8 - 10 weeks.  I always see a muscle growth spurt, and body fat reduction when I do, which is what led me to make it a normal part of my routine.  I also take a 1 week break between 8 - 10 week sessions. 

I'm a Pride Nutrition junkie too.  If I use a supplement, I check to see if they have it first.  They're really great people there, and I trust and believe in their products.  I use argenine, creatine & glutamine, protein powder, CLA, EFA, Calcium, and a Multi Vit.

The reason I do all this isn't so I can "get big" though, it's to keep me alive.  "Getting big" is just a great benefit.  I go to boards like this and to BB shows, to surround myself with those who have the same interests, for motivation to keep me on my path.  It works!!!

Thanks!
Lostboy
Thanks,
Lostboy

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 05:19:02 PM »
Any fan of Priest is a friend of mine...

I'd start out by giving you a list of idiots to ignore on this board, but.....

You'll probably figure it out.

Welcome.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 06:31:27 PM »
Hi, I'm Lostboy.  I became a bodybuilding fan about 1.5 years ago.  I became hooked when I went to my first Arnold Classic in 2005.  Since then, I've learned most of the names of the major competitors.  Learned a little history.  Read muscle mags, especially those with my favorite BB, Lee Priest.  I actually got my picture taken with him at the after party at the Arnold this year.  I was stoked.  I attended my second Arnold in 2006, and may even take the trip to Vegas for the O this year.  I attend as many local BB events as I can, and I'm somewhat of an ameteur photographer, so I have a BB photo album in my profile info, if you're interested.

So Lee, if you're reading this, thanks for the oportunity to meet you and get a picture, although there wasn't even really time to say more than hello.  You just stood there letting people take their picture with you forever it seemed.  That kind of thing is really appreciated by us.  So thanks.   ;D  Oh, and I thought the superman outfit was awesome! 

I look forward to learning/posting/meeting people on this board. 

You are welcome.
see you around at another show sometime.
Lee

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 06:36:11 PM »
welcome lostboy, good luck with the workouts and wait until lee gets in one of his moods and picks on chick, there will be some great reading material to look at don't worry it will be very interesting to say the least ;)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 06:42:23 PM »
Maybe this weekend i will have a mood swing that way.Bob and Dan and thier dumb ass radio program.Still no Wayne on there wonder why?

IFBB/AMI PUPPETS

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »
Yes I do.  I've been told by my trainer, who "IS" a BB, that I workout like a bodybuilder does.  I just don't grow like one, probably because I've been type 1 diabetic all my life.  Diabetes has led to advanced heart disease too, which led to my death 3 years ago.  Luckily the doctors were able to revive me from my code, and roll me into ER for an emergency quad bypass.  I was 34. 

I typically do 6 days of cardio for 30 minutes on an elliptical at home, 4 days in the gym lifting and on those days, I warm up with 10 minutes of the stairmaster.  I've tried all kinds of routines, and have recently started to switch them up about every 8 - 10 weeks.  I always see a muscle growth spurt, and body fat reduction when I do, which is what led me to make it a normal part of my routine.  I also take a 1 week break between 8 - 10 week sessions. 

I'm a Pride Nutrition junkie too.  If I use a supplement, I check to see if they have it first.  They're really great people there, and I trust and believe in their products.  I use argenine, creatine & glutamine, protein powder, CLA, EFA, Calcium, and a Multi Vit.

The reason I do all this isn't so I can "get big" though, it's to keep me alive.  "Getting big" is just a great benefit.  I go to boards like this and to BB shows, to surround myself with those who have the same interests, for motivation to keep me on my path.  It works!!!

Thanks!
Lostboy

You sound like a straight shooter and into bodybuilding for all the right reasons. Hey who wouldn't look small standing next to big Lee P ya know ;). I wish more guys had your outlook in this sport. Keep training hard, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 07:35:12 PM »
Maybe this weekend i will have a mood swing that way.Bob and Dan and thier dumb ass radio program.Still no Wayne on there wonder why?

IFBB/AMI PUPPETS
        hey bob how about wayne and lee together on the show you are always saying how you guys will have anybody on and nobody tells you guys who you can have on the show. as a fan i think we would love to see this happen. so what do you say chick make it happen ;)

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 09:36:31 PM »
welcome

Lostboy

• Getbig I
  • Lee Priest Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 12:19:59 AM »
welcome lostboy, good luck with the workouts and wait until lee gets in one of his moods and picks on chick, there will be some great reading material to look at don't worry it will be very interesting to say the least ;)

When you mention "chick", would that be the guy from the Bodybuilding.com radio show?  I would love to see that. 
Thanks,
Lostboy

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 12:54:45 AM »
Lee is by far the coolest pro. He is never afraid to speak his mind,and does not kiss ass!!  Besides that, he drag races!! I do too,so in my book he is cool.Not just a meat head who has no life outside of bodybuilding.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 01:58:56 AM »
welcome  :D

BrooklynBB

• Getbig II
  • An Impala with the Top Chopped Off...
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 12:49:06 PM »

IFBB/AMI PUPPETS

LOL!!!

PWNED.

It's funny, I just cannot tolerate that radio show when Dan speaks.  His arrogance really comes across.  They should just have the guys on and let them speak thier minds instead of asking the same old questions that have been answered dozens of times.  Or the "how are you feeling about xxx" questions.  I want questions like "What was your last cycle like?" or "Can we get into specifics about your training routine?".  No, it's always a focus on feeeeeeeeelings.  I can't take it.

A friend of mine even offered to re-do thier intro FOR FREE as he works in talk-radio and can do some KICK ass work, but they don't seem to care... oh well.  Let them continue to have poor production on thier show.