Author Topic: Interview with King Kamali 05-23-06  (Read 20445 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Interview with King Kamali 05-23-06
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:17:33 AM »
Well - here are some questions with King Kamali. Would like to know what you think, and please keep the discussion without flaming or malicious banter. Also there are some other pics from King a few weeks out.  As usual, any mistakes, email me...

Interview with King Kamali

http://www.getbig.com/iview/kamali060523.htm

Other pics of King Kamali

http://www.getbig.com/news/2006-02/060522kamali.htm

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
King Kamali interview about NY Pro is up!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 12:17:57 AM »

Wow... all I can say is, wow...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: King Kamali interview about NY Pro is up!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 12:18:38 AM »
Why are people complaining that your stomach is too big?

First of all, people are not complaining. The only people that I see are complaining are a few ass clowns on Getbig and Shawn Ray. My stomach was not distended at all - zero distention.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 12:19:44 AM »
What happened with the incident with George Farah on stage at the New York Pro?

I will use a line from the move 'Dragon - The Bruce Lee'. If you touch me, I am going to touch you back. And George shoved my arm during the front double biceps shot, and he also said something, which I am not going to repeat, which was disrespectful to me, and I sort of put him in his place. I don't take shit from anybody, especially when I am competing on stage.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 12:20:31 AM »
Why are people complaining that your stomach is too big?

First of all, people are not complaining. The only people that I see are complaining are a few ass clowns on Getbig and Shawn Ray. My stomach was not distended at all - zero distention.

Someone needs to carry a mirror next to him when he's onstage next time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 12:23:12 AM »
Now, you made a comment on the boards that you are going to give Shawn Ray some harsh words and comments? What do you want to say?

I am going to say what I have to say on Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Radio show, because I promised Bob Cicherillo I would wait, but I can tell you this, after I go on the radio show, Shawn Ray will never talk about me again. And I have physical proof on my statements. And I am not going to tell you right now, so don't keep asking me. Just wait a few weeks.

WIll this happen?  Will King really destroy Shawn in the same manner that Shawn's been slowly tearing him down here for the last 2 years?   Shawn has taken, honestly, hundreds if not thousands of shots at king in the last 2 years.  Will king publish that infamous Dina text message that Barb got the snapshot of on her own phone? Time will tell...

Bast175

Re: Interview with King Kamali 05-23-06
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 12:25:35 AM »
He looks like he's 50 years old.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 12:29:55 AM »
Looks like King peaked too soon.  Trying to sit that lean for a month is a recipe for a dead metabolism and shrivled fores/calves.  I think it was a young getbig member named Ron Avidan that asked aloud if King could maintain his peak for 3 weeks. I guess we see the answer now.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 01:26:11 AM »
o so its powerlifting  ::)

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 05:06:19 AM »
"I didn't say anything to anyone or respond to the people on the boards. I didn't want to go out there and say 'I was going to win this, and I am going to win that". I didn't say any of that. All I wanted was to be better than I was before, and that is exactly what I did."

Can't argue with that...

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 05:21:13 AM »
He looks like Armand Asante in some of those photo's
$

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 05:31:59 AM »
monster lie!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 05:34:08 AM »
thanks ron and ty king kamali

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 05:38:49 AM »
King seems all right. Still needs to Synt...sorry, work on his arms.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 06:00:07 AM »
Whether you love him or hate him....best point ever..

Are you saying that all fans have to go on stage?

No, not at all, but if you are going to talk crap, at least understand what it takes. It takes competing on stage to understand the sacrifices and the suffering and what it takes to become a professional bodybuilder. It is extremely hard to become a pro. Some people just don't not understand it. They keep putting all bodybuilders down. Sometimes the worst thing that happened to bodybuilding is the internet boards. The funny thing is none of these guys will ever say these things to the pros if they go to a bodybuilding show or expo. What I am saying is don't malicious put people down because you want to become an internet celebrity on the boards.

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 06:03:26 AM »
I saw King yesterday and believe me...regardless of what everyone thinks about his stomach being distended, which aside from the show pics, it actually isn't. He is massive in person, but after Chad got done with him, his obliques and all muscles around his midsection got HUGE from power lifting. Honestly, just wait til he gets that down....you guys will be surprised.

Okay...Flame and hate on...sorry to have interrupted.

Stavios

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 06:09:33 AM »
Honnestly, I think it is a good interview.

look foward to see how king looks at the Montreal Pro

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 06:11:28 AM »
Well - here are some questions with King Kamali. Would like to know what you think, and please keep the discussion without flaming or malicious banter. Also there are some other pics from King a few weeks out.  As usual, any mistakes, email me...

Interview with King Kamali

Other pics of King Kamali

http://www.getbig.com/news/2006-02/060522kamali.htm

You stole my question:

Can you perform your front double biceps with a vacuum instead of squeezing your abs like you did in the New York Pro?

We are working on that right now, but for this particular show, we had to blow it out because the waistline is not streamlined. But they next time I step on stage, it will be vacuumed?

That's ok, it needed to be asked and he ignored it when I asked.  Great interview!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 06:20:58 AM »
I saw King yesterday and believe me...regardless of what everyone thinks about his stomach being distended, which aside from the show pics, it actually isn't. He is massive in person, but after Chad got done with him, his obliques and all muscles around his midsection got HUGE from power lifting. Honestly, just wait til he gets that down....you guys will be surprised.

Okay...Flame and hate on...sorry to have interrupted.

Yeah. Teh Chad is known as a "trainer" or "nutritionist"... ;)

Let's hope Kamali didn't suffer any permanent damage from the heavy "training" protocol...

Brutal PR crisis for Teh Chad at the moment BTW.

If clients from bodybuilding are of any kind of economical value to Teh Chad, I foresee a huge blow to him when the words gets around that Kamali improved after leaving him.

YIP
Zack

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 06:21:46 AM »
Well, I'll give him props for being self-critical and objective here.

"...........I am honest with myself to sit back and look at my physique and look at last year's Ironman contest and say 'Oh my god, it that my waistline?" Yes, I was huge, I was the biggest guy in the top five, I was 5 pounds heavier than Gustavo. That doesn't mean that I looked better than Gustavo at all.........."
Lies, damn lies and diets

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 06:41:15 AM »

omg the uy is more delusional than i ever thought. he actually thinks he is still going in the right direction. He is fun though!!  ;D Like somebody else stated on here - he is no doubt surrounded by a load of yes men - instead of somebody telling him the truth that he looks like a pile of steaming dogsh it (for a bodybuilder).

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 06:48:37 AM »
King, what's with the wedgie on stage at the New York Pro?

Ha, why does Ronnie give himself a wedgie on stage? How many times have you seen Ronnie pull up his trunks? Because he is trying to show his glutes. So if your strong points are your glutes, and they are striated, you try to show them off. And how do you show them off is by bringing attention to them. So that's why I diid it?

dude you have avg smooth glutes, not ronnie colemen glutes!

i wanted to show off my striated glute ??? what the hell is this smuck thinking?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 06:57:27 AM »
and all muscles around his midsection got HUGE from power lifting. Honestly, just wait til he gets that down....you guys will be surprised.

Thats what I've been saying all along but no one seems to want to listen! If you want to bodybuild then train like a bodybuilder......not a freaking powerlifter, just about everyone trains that way and then the people that haven't been training long think thats the way you should train.....it ain't so!!

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 06:58:27 AM »
First of all, people are not complaining. The only people that I see are complaining are a few ass clowns on Getbig and Shawn Ray. My stomach was not distended at all - zero distention. It is my waist. My waist. There is a big difference. People just don't seem to understand that. Dennis James - his stomach protrudes forward - that is the distention. That is why he gets deducted. My stomach is not big like that. What happens is my waist is wide - and that is due to the style of my training.

pictures speak louder then words

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 07:05:25 AM »
I read the interview AFTER I posted my last comment and it comfirmed my last statement......he trains like a POWERLIFTER. If he knew how to train like a bodybuilder he would have a decent chance, he and everyone else who trains like this needs to reprogram their thinking about training this is one of the main factors why these guys are coming in with terrible symmetry!!