Author Topic: Can you live your life to Jesus and still be on the Sauce?  (Read 16211 times)

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
With so many bodybuilders touting their religious views and declaring the deep religious beliefs, i.e. Melvin Anthony, Ronnie Coleman, Mark Dugale, Flex Wheeler... etc., how do these bodybuilders reconcile their drug use with their religious views?  How do they explain to their families, children... mothers... that they are men of God yet take various hormones, drugs to get the kind of huge, freaky muscles that can win shows especially when many of them are also breaking the law to do so?  Is jesus ok with lawbreaking, hormone using guys posing in tiny thongs?   :-\ 

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Can you live your life for Jesus and still be on the Sauce?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 08:31:10 AM »
With so many bodybuilders touting their religious views and declaring the deep religious beliefs, i.e. Melvin Anthony, Ronnie Coleman, Mark Dugale, Flex Wheeler... etc., how do these bodybuilders reconcile their drug use with their religious views?  How do they explain to their families, children... mothers... that they are men of God yet take various hormones, drugs to get the kind of huge, freaky muscles that can win shows especially when many of them are also breaking the law to do so?  Is jesus ok with lawbreaking, hormone using guys posing in tiny thongs?   :-\ 

They just get a physician to break the law by prescribing to them ;D

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 08:32:35 AM »

They just get a physician to break the law by prescribing to them ;D

That's cool but is Jesus ok with that?  Also, what physician will also prescribe clen, duiretics and t3 to them?  Last I heard none of those are used in HRT.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 08:48:21 AM »
That's cool but is Jesus ok with that?  Also, what physician will also prescribe clen, duiretics and t3 to them?  Last I heard none of those are used in HRT.

john 4-25  "thou shant stick in thy ass the juice of the atrificial test."

i think moses was the first to get caught at the border of egypt trying to bring GH out with his people.

plus he wrote other commandments not brought down the mountain.

11. do not covet thy neighbors junk or supplies.
12. thou shalt always keester thy junk when in airports
13. a man taking roids who does not share with his brother is not cool
14. never stick thy self twice with the same used needle.
15. if caught by the feds or jesus never givith up your source and becomith a rat.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Can you live your life to Jesus and still be on the Sauce?
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 07:16:54 PM »

Interesting question.  Certainly sounds incompatible. 

I always had a hard time with Coleman being a cop, professed Christian, and steroid abuser.  Not sure how  he and others reconcile drug use with their Christianity.   

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 07:35:18 PM »
The thing about these "mega-christians" not only bodybuilders is that they get over emotional talking about Jesus and all that and that seems to be enough. Especially Coleman but they don't walk the walk aparently. They say that God helps them do what they do but why would God favor one bodybuilder to another? God currently doesn't intervene in wars and terrorism and such. why would he intervene in a bodybuilder's physique? Right it was God who gave you hamstrings... get real. Hey Ronnie if you're so Jesus and God loving why do you listen to that dirty cursing music? Why did you juice as a cop? Why do you say mean things to other competitors like call them crackheads? Why are you a sore loser when you lost to Gunter? That's not very Jesus-like is it? You're not what you say. You are what you do.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 01:02:22 AM »
The thing about these "mega-christians" not only bodybuilders is that they get over emotional talking about Jesus and all that and that seems to be enough. Especially Coleman but they don't walk the walk aparently. They say that God helps them do what they do but why would God favor one bodybuilder to another? God currently doesn't intervene in wars and terrorism and such. why would he intervene in a bodybuilder's physique? Right it was God who gave you hamstrings... get real. Hey Ronnie if you're so Jesus and God loving why do you listen to that dirty cursing music? Why did you juice as a cop? Why do you say mean things to other competitors like call them crackheads? Why are you a sore loser when you lost to Gunter? That's not very Jesus-like is it? You're not what you say. You are what you do.

My guess is that most of these "Christians" aren't that well scholared on what Christianity means. They believe in a god, and it so just happens that it is the Christian one. Just like people who shouts out that they're on "Team Jesus"...

Would like to see Melvin Anthony on this board. He's scholared in Christianity. Would be interesting to see his take on these issues, and others.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 03:10:46 AM »
blaine says it`s ok to juice

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 06:44:34 AM »
People can rationalize anything.  I'm a Christian yet I average 80+ on the highway which is breaking the law in my state.  I also do many other things I'm not supposed to do. 

Christians realize their need for a Savior and have accepted Jesus as such.  Christians thank God for what they believe is good in their lives and are thankful for the Grace that He extends to us. 

Does that mean we should think we can freely sin?  No, it grieves God when we do and we will probably be disciplined for our sins while still on earth. 

Just as I will possibly get a ticket or die in a horrible (hopefully one-car) car accident, some bodybuilders will pay the price with their health.

When you become a Christian your free will is still intact, and our "flesh" is prone to sin.

Interesting though how people hold Christians to a higher standard than others and expect them to be perfect.  The whole reason we are Christians is because we KNOW we are NOT perfect.  I guess I can understand this if someone comes off as "holier-than-thou and condescending....of course their hypocrisy would stand out more.
R

Polartec

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 11:25:00 PM »
People can rationalize anything.  I'm a Christian yet I average 80+ on the highway which is breaking the law in my state.  I also do many other things I'm not supposed to do. 

Christians realize their need for a Savior and have accepted Jesus as such.  Christians thank God for what they believe is good in their lives and are thankful for the Grace that He extends to us. 

Does that mean we should think we can freely sin?  No, it grieves God when we do and we will probably be disciplined for our sins while still on earth. 

Just as I will possibly get a ticket or die in a horrible (hopefully one-car) car accident, some bodybuilders will pay the price with their health.

When you become a Christian your free will is still intact, and our "flesh" is prone to sin.

Interesting though how people hold Christians to a higher standard than others and expect them to be perfect.  The whole reason we are Christians is because we KNOW we are NOT perfect.  I guess I can understand this if someone comes off as "holier-than-thou and condescending....of course their hypocrisy would stand out more.

STella's dog?...

;D

On a serious note, consider the things that STella say's, guys. It may help you some day.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 04:09:32 AM »

What really puzzles me in regards to Christians, and how they try to live they life, generally speaking of course, is how so many are trying to find alternative interpretations in the Bible for stuff like "Turn the other cheek" and "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone".

Living a life where you try to forgive your neighbors sins is very hard. But from what I understand, Jesus asks for a lot from his followers.

Seeing how so many Christians are in support of death penalty, long imprisonments and such doesn't make sense. Why shouldn't these Christians be in support of ridding of all penalties? Seems to be an awful lot of support for that notion in the Bible.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 07:18:50 AM »
With so many bodybuilders touting their religious views and declaring the deep religious beliefs, i.e. Melvin Anthony, Ronnie Coleman, Mark Dugale, Flex Wheeler... etc., how do these bodybuilders reconcile their drug use with their religious views?  How do they explain to their families, children... mothers... that they are men of God yet take various hormones, drugs to get the kind of huge, freaky muscles that can win shows especially when many of them are also breaking the law to do so?  Is Jesus OK with lawbreaking, hormone using guys posing in tiny thongs?   :-\ 

This is actually a good question. They talk about Jesus, the Lord, the Bible etc. Nothing wrong with that, but...
if you read the Bible there are many things there that these guys should think about. Breaking the law,
destroying their own body(steroids, GH - and the list goes on)
Maybe they should tone down their own religious beliefs.

Juicing for Jesus!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 07:32:54 AM »

What really puzzles me in regards to Christians, and how they try to live they life, generally speaking of course, is how so many are trying to find alternative interpretations in the Bible for stuff like "Turn the other cheek" and "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone".

Living a life where you try to forgive your neighbors sins is very hard. But from what I understand, Jesus asks for a lot from his followers.

Seeing how so many Christians are in support of death penalty, long imprisonments and such doesn't make sense. Why shouldn't these Christians be in support of ridding of all penalties? Seems to be an awful lot of support for that notion in the Bible.

YIP
Zack

Forgiveness doesn't mean that people shouldn't be disciplined for wrong behavior.  I don't have a strong opinion of the death penalty but I do favor long imprisonments for some.  For instance, child molesters, rapists, serial killers etc.  Maybe if someone that was close to me was brutally murdered would I be in favor of the death penalty for the murderer?  I don't know.

People like the above cannot just be forgiven and set loose to run free and repeat their crimes. 

But forgiving someone is quite beneficial to the "forgiver" also.  When you forgive someone, the perceived wrong they committed against you won't be on your mind as much.  It won't eat you up inside and make you a bitter person.  He who angers you controls you.
R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 08:37:55 AM »
Forgiveness doesn't mean that people shouldn't be disciplined for wrong behavior.  I don't have a strong opinion of the death penalty but I do favor long imprisonments for some.  For instance, child molesters, rapists, serial killers etc.  Maybe if someone that was close to me was brutally murdered would I be in favor of the death penalty for the murderer?  I don't know.

People like the above cannot just be forgiven and set loose to run free and repeat their crimes. 

But forgiving someone is quite beneficial to the "forgiver" also.  When you forgive someone, the perceived wrong they committed against you won't be on your mind as much.  It won't eat you up inside and make you a bitter person.  He who angers you controls you.

I love it when Christians are trying to apply rational reason upon Christianity, kind of trying to find "outs".

"This and that sin is big enough to not be flat out forgiven"... Yeah, sure.

Nothing wrong with not being able to find it within yourself to forgive terrible sins, crimes et al.

But acknowledge that no matter how terrible the sin, you as a Christian is supposed to just turn the other cheek.

If you are able to do that, is another matter.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 08:54:38 AM »
I love it when Christians are trying to apply rational reason upon Christianity, kind of trying to find "outs".

Nothing wrong with not being able to find it within yourself to forgive terrible sins, crimes et al.

But acknowledge that no matter how terrible the sin, you as a Christian is supposed to just turn the other cheek.

If you are able to do that, is another matter.

YIP
Zack

It's  always been interesting to me how the "same god"  who destroyed the inhabitants of sodom for being   "wicked", Told Moses to murder 3000 men, women, and childred for being insecure, Instructed Joshua to kill every living thing, men women and children, and loot in the city of Ai and then tells you to turn the other cheek while he spurs on about it being a sin to kill. 

God sets a great example.

No wonder why chirstians are confused. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 10:13:17 AM »

YIP
Zack

The Bible actually says to "be angry," but don't sin.  I think what that means is there is nothing wrong with getting angry when, for example, someone steals from you.  Anger is a normal human emotion.  It's what you do with that anger that counts.  So, if someone breaks into my house, I'll be pretty angry, but I'll call the police, and pursue criminal charges.  I wouldn't find the person and try to burn down their house. 

There is nothing nonsensical about supporting the criminal justice system.  The Bible doesn't support anarchy.  Not sure where you're getting that from. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 10:14:19 AM »
It's  always been interesting to me how the "same god"  who destroyed the inhabitants of sodom for being   "wicked", Told Moses to murder 3000 men, women, and childred for being insecure, Instructed Joshua to kill every living thing, men women and children, and loot in the city of Ai and then tells you to turn the other cheek while he spurs on about it being a sin to kill. 

God sets a great example.

No wonder why chirstians are confused. 

Christians are confused?  How so?  I'm not. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 10:17:23 AM »
Christians are confused?  How so?  I'm not. 

sorry  :)  "some" christians may be confused.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 10:25:47 AM »
sorry  :)  "some" christians may be confused.

O.K.  I can live with that.   :)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 11:04:19 AM »
I don't follow the laws of men.
just push some weight!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 11:30:13 AM »
  I posted about this hypocrisy earlier this afternoon in the Dugdale----Why train for fifth place thread on the General Discussion forum.

If you're using illegal substances, then you're going against the laws of God. Simple as that.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 11:53:09 AM »

Who are you quoting here?  Not me, right?  If so, could you clarify what you mean by this because either you misunderstood me or I didn't explain myself well.

Hedgie, if you read more than just the "turn the other cheek" verse you'll see that Christ was teaching proper Christian conduct in the world and in the midst of hypocritical religious leaders (Pharisees).

The Pharisees knew the law and claimed to follow it to a T.  They were hypocrites and very judgemental, telling others what they could and could not do, and exactly how they should act, while not even following their own teachings.

Before telling the people about "turning the other cheek,"  Jesus tells the people:  "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'" 

This is what God instructed in His O.T. law which was intended for enforcement by the civil government.

The Pharisees tried to institute it as a "personal thing."  They tried to take each and every law and apply it to every part of life.  They taught that personal revenge is law.

That wasn't God's intention....the right of "revenge" is not to be put in our hands (even though we would like it to be sometimes).

Revenge and punishment are supposed to be in the hands of God and civil government (judges etc).

"Turning the other cheek" means to not avenge ourselves (we'd probably mess it up anyway), and leave it to God and our present legal system.

So, if someone breaks into my house, I'll be pretty angry, but I'll call the police, and pursue criminal charges.  I wouldn't find the person and try to burn down their house. 

exactly

R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 03:49:18 AM »

Revenge and punishment are supposed to be in the hands of God and civil government (judges etc).

"Turning the other cheek" means to not avenge ourselves (we'd probably mess it up anyway), and leave it to God and our present legal system.

You make the assumption that Jesus has faith in the present legal system. Why?

Look at the rest of Matt 5:38-41...
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.

Looks to me that Jesus preaches about giving. And if you give, that this will create enlightment.

So once again, how a Christian can accept even the slightest imprisonment for anyone is beyond me. The very idea of imprisonment goes against the idea of Christianity.

If a criminal decides to continue with evil deeds, then a true Christian have no right to forcefully stop him. He can only try to convince the criminal with love.

Jesus was a lover.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 09:23:38 AM »
You make the assumption that Jesus has faith in the present legal system. Why?

Look at the rest of Matt 5:38-41...
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.

Looks to me that Jesus preaches about giving. And if you give, that this will create enlightment.

So once again, how a Christian can accept even the slightest imprisonment for anyone is beyond me. The very idea of imprisonment goes against the idea of Christianity.

If a criminal decides to continue with evil deeds, then a true Christian have no right to forcefully stop him. He can only try to convince the criminal with love.

Jesus was a lover.

So the idea of christianity does not include the teachings and examples in the old testiment in regards to punishment?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 09:59:08 AM »
So the idea of christianity does not include the teachings and examples in the old testiment in regards to punishment?

If the old testiment is in conflict with Jesus preachings, then the word of Jesus triumphs.

Why? Because he's part of the Trinity, son of God. Messiah doesn't occur in the Old testiment. The only part in the Old testiment that rivals, is the Ten Commandments, since they are the only part in the whole Bible which are the direct words of God.

Christianity is based on the very existance of Jesus Christ and his teachings. Old Testiment works great as backbone, but is primarily where the Jews will find guidance.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise