Author Topic: 800 lb woman on Discovery Health  (Read 2227 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
800 lb woman on Discovery Health
« on: May 26, 2006, 01:48:28 PM »
Saw a follow up show on Discovery Health concerning a woman that was like 800lbs that had gastric bypass surgery and the horrible 1.5 years she went through in recovery.....she's now down to 240lbs, but I was left thinking: Should these morbidly obese people be celebrated like this?   I can't recall a single obesity warning or anything just progress updates on her "condition".   She didn't have a genetic disorder she just ate herself into a crippled, helpless state in which she was reliant on multiple people to help her continue eating, crapping, sleeping, turnin over, bathing....how can someone reach a state like that and is her story really motivational or just pathetic?

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: 800 lb woman on Discovery Health
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 01:55:47 PM »
A lot of people are just more genetically predisposed towards weight gain. Some people can eat healthy and still put on enormous amounts of fat. Obviously poor nutrition and lack of excersise play their part, but regardless of whether someone's condition is their own fault or not, they still deserve compassion and should be helped.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 01:59:09 PM »
Then they get a gastric bypass and tell you how they changed their lives and live healthy now.

BULLSHIT!

They are as stupid and lazy as they've ever been, they just CAN'T eat any bigger amounts of food!
This is just ridiculous, as if you'd tape someone spastic to a pole and say "See, no more spasms. Doesn't move a bit!"

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 02:00:07 PM »
if you cut the bodies loose from their heads they will:
1. lose the most weight in the least time
2. never diet again

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 02:02:08 PM »
A lot of people are just more genetically predisposed towards weight gain. Some people can eat healthy and still put on enormous amounts of fat. Obviously poor nutrition and lack of excersise play their part, but regardless of whether someone's condition is their own fault or not, they still deserve compassion and should be helped.

If they ate healthy, they wouldn't be fat!
Eating healthy is not only about whole foods, the right ingredients, eating healthy is also about the amount of food you consume.
Lazyness and processed food is what makes most people fat.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 02:11:53 PM »
It's a warning.

Didn't come off like that at all.......all it said was she was always fat, ate, got fatter, ate more, got fatter, kept eating, got fatter, ate more and was finally bedridden and useless....then after decades of doin nothin she "got the courage" to seek help and they cut her fat gut, she went through horrendous pain in recovery, lost a buncha weight and the doctors said she probably shoulda died because of the surgery, but she SURVIVED!!  HOORAY!!  AND LOOK AT HER TODAY!! 

Gimme me a fuggin break!  I'm all for helpin hands, but I'm not for celebrating the completely self-inflicted plight of some ginormous walrus bitch that finally had enough of other people wiping her enormous ass one day and decidin to "do somethin about it".

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 02:17:44 PM »

Show me the medically proven disorder that causes this, because I haven't heard of it yet. 
Some people have faster metabolisms, some people have slower metabolisms, but we all process nutrients the same. 

You DO NOT get to 800lbs because of any reason other than pure gluttony.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 02:22:11 PM »
Gimme me a fuggin break!  I'm all for helpin hands, but I'm not for celebrating the completely self-inflicted plight of some ginormous walrus bitch that finally had enough of other people wiping her enormous ass one day and decided to "do somethin about it".

Hahaha, totally agree!
When i went shopping a few months ago, i saw a really fat couple and it seemed they were floating by.
When i looked closer i realized they were driving on little scooters. these things almost vanished under all the fat.
Then i imagined the two driving into their house on the scooters and drving back and forth from the fridge to the couch and i
laughed my ass off. But actually i was really digusted at HOW LAZY people are.