Author Topic: sarcasm  (Read 8554 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
sarcasm
« on: May 26, 2006, 02:09:17 PM »
I know you like Jay Cutler a lot, after watching all of his videos you have claimed how great of a bodybuilder he is regarding his training and work ethic. Well, what is your opinion on Coleman? Surely he trains with just as much if not more intensity than Jay... who/why do you think is the better bodybuilder?

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
Re: sarcasm
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 02:15:31 PM »
I know you like Jay Cutler a lot, after watching all of his videos you have claimed how great of a bodybuilder he is regarding his training and work ethic. Well, what is your opinion on Coleman? Surely he trains with just as much if not more intensity than Jay... who/why do you think is the better bodybuilder?

I am convinced Ronnie is insane. I admire Jay's work ethic and dedication immensely, but, I am not sure if his brain is broken to the point of Ronnie's (all meant in a good way). I have never seen another human being work like Ronnie in the gym, although I haven't seen any of Jay's vids. Maybe he is nutty too.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 02:19:13 PM »
any one could do what jay does with the amount of weight he uses
of course proportioned to his body weight

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 02:20:07 PM »
Well, this was not directed to me but that is a pretty subjective question.  I don't think anyone could claim one is better than the other.

Yea I guess i explained that the wrong way. I just knew he liked Jay a lot, but wanted his opinion on Coleman.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 02:29:23 PM »
first of all i have both the Unbelievable and Cost of Redemption and i watch them on a regular basis but Cutler's approach to the sport impresses me more, Ronnie is a mutant for sure but i think Jay trains just as hard when you consider the volume, rest between sets and with the exception of deadlifts and squats Jay is really just about as strong as Ronnie on the other stuff, i'm just tremendously impressed with Jay.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 02:31:12 PM »
first of all i have both the Unbelievable and Cost of Redemption and i watch them on a regular basis but Cutler's approach to the sport impresses me more, Ronnie is a mutant for sure but i think Jay trains just as hard when you consider the volume, rest between sets and with the exception of deadlifts and squats Jay is really just about as strong as Ronnie on the other stuff, i'm just tremendously impressed with Jay.

Jay is far weaker than Ronnie. Jay struggles with 405 * 6 on the bench ::)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »
  Jay is far weaker than Ronnie. Jay struggles with 405 * 6 on the bench ::)
not really, i'll bet Jay at 295-300 can bench 455 for 5 or 6 and Ronnie only does 495 for a very hard 5 on COR where he is 315 so they're not that far apart on pressing movements.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 02:35:18 PM »
not really, i'll bet Jay at 295-300 can bench 455 for 5 or 6 and Ronnie only does 495 for a very hard 5 on COR where he is 315 so they're not that far apart on pressing movements.
this is accurate from what i've seen...

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 02:35:26 PM »
i'm just tremendously impressed with Jay.
Similar personalities.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 02:36:24 PM »

That's a pretty big difference. Not to mention how much Jay struggles with 405 :-\

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 02:38:43 PM »
Yeah i agree with sarcasm. The volume on Jays workouts are insane. I tried the leg routine he did in New improved and beyond (couldn't finish it). He must be on something to do all that shit.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 02:39:21 PM »

That's a pretty big difference. Not to mention how much Jay struggles with 405 :-\
that's not a big difference only 40 pounds and i'll gaurantee that Jay does not "struggle" with 405 on flat benches offseason, there isn't a human being on earth who thinks 405 is light on flat benches, Jay inclined 405 for 4 on New, Improved and Beyond and that was filmed in 2003, are you saying that 3 years later that he struggles with the same weight on the flat bench?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 02:41:07 PM »
that's not a big difference only 40 pounds and i'll gaurantee that Jay does not "struggle" with 405 on flat benches offseason, there isn't a human being on earth who thinks 405 is light on flat benches, Jay inclined 405 for 4 on New, Improved and Beyond and that was filmed in 2003, are you saying that 3 years later that he struggles with the same weight on the flat bench?

Yes, he struggles. He tries to hide it but the strain on his face is visible. The man's obviously hurting :-\

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 02:44:30 PM »
It's not about comparative strength, it's about a BB's intensity.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 02:44:52 PM »
  Yes, he struggles. He tries to hide it but the strain on his face is visible. The man's obviously hurting :-\
where have you seen this? have you ever tried to flat bench 405? i'm doing 385 right now and it feels like a damn truck is in your hands and that's only for a very, very hard single.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 02:45:49 PM »
where have you seen this? have you ever tried to flat bench 405? i'm doing 385 right now and it feels like a damn truck is in your hands and that's only for a very, very hard single.

Then you are admitting that he struggles. It must be hard for you to type while bench pressing ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 02:52:06 PM »
hahahahha

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 02:54:10 PM »
hahahahha

I think sarcasm just lost some credibility ;D That is, if he had any left to lose ;D

body88

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 02:58:49 PM »
I believe Jay is far stronger than you see in that dvd. Jay trains smart. he could press 450 plus for reps at his offseason largest...

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 04:14:55 PM »
  Then you are admitting that he struggles. It must be hard for you to type while bench pressing ::)
i didn't mean right as i was typing that post i meant currently.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 04:28:46 PM »
Jay Cutler from what I've seen is a big fan of the machines and isn't that strong on pressing movements.. I mean he does 130s for shoulder dumbell press and barely 405 for chest. But he is a big guy none the less and is a worthy competitor.
just push some weight!

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 04:37:15 PM »
Jay Cutler from what I've seen is a big fan of the machines and isn't that strong on pressing movements.. I mean he does 130s for shoulder dumbell press and barely 405 for chest. But he is a big guy none the less and is a worthy competitor.

If done "correctly" the bench can be a tricky exercise. It could be Jay's technique isn't what one would call ideal for benching? In order to get over 405 I had to learn the bench wasn't just about strength, but, strength, coordination, and keeping your head in a very small space (concentrate like hell).

I am not what I would consider to be a big guy, but I am good at benching and there is A LOT quite a few people don't know about the lift that can definetly set the educated people from those who haven't looked into it as much.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 04:39:45 PM »
130's isn't strong for seated db presses, damn you must be a beast. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 04:40:16 PM »

Thanks. :)
just push some weight!

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 04:42:01 PM »

All joking aside, I bet we all know some people that are better at pressing than others. Alexxx does have a point in that maybe Jay is better at pulling or with his legs or something like that. I can push like hell, but get buried in the dead comparatively. However, as mentioned above, Jay looks amazing regardless of the weight he is pushing.