Author Topic: Little Known FACTS about Joe Weider and other Bodybuilders!  (Read 15091 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Little Known FACTS about Joe Weider and other Bodybuilders!
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2006, 09:50:39 PM »
I see where you are coming from . . . I was under the impression it was for his total body of work  regarding NB. I may be mistaken, do you have any way of finding out?

The Beef

He was nominated in 1984 for Nobel.  Go here tells everything about Ben.  Many awards

www.ifbb.com/ben.html

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2006, 11:07:58 PM »
Ben Weider was considered for a Nobel Prize because of his ground breaking research on Napoleon. He has one of the if not the largest collections of Napoleon artifacts in the world and even owns a sample of his hair which he had chemically analysed to draw conclusions about his death, which was reported to be poisoning.

The Beef

Without DNA testing on any of the hair samples, it is not possible to prove those offered for analysis were genuine. Until that happens the "aresenic poisoning" conspiracy theorists can join the ranks of "grassy knoll" and " Loch Ness Monster" theorists.
It's easy to prove what's there, impossible to prove what's not.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 02:01:22 AM »
Without DNA testing on any of the hair samples, it is not possible to prove those offered for analysis were genuine. Until that happens the "aresenic poisoning" conspiracy theorists can join the ranks of "grassy knoll" and " Loch Ness Monster" theorists.
It's easy to prove what's there, impossible to prove what's not.

I have a friend who is auctioning off hair from George Washington in Vegas in Sept..  It has been authenticated by every expert in the world on this.  She has spent close to $100,000 authenticating it.  And is has been authenticated to be several strands of George's hair.  George Washington was buried and exhumed 3 times since his death for various reasons.  The hair apparently was taken just before his death I think.  It was the first and last hair samples they have prior to his death.  They are expecting to get between $250,000 and $1 million for it.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2006, 02:31:37 AM »
I have a friend who is auctioning off hair from George Washington in Vegas in Sept..  It has been authenticated by every expert in the world on this.  She has spent close to $100,000 authenticating it.  And is has been authenticated to be several strands of George's hair.  George Washington was buried and exhumed 3 times since his death for various reasons.  The hair apparently was taken just before his death I think.  It was the first and last hair samples they have prior to his death.  They are expecting to get between $250,000 and $1 million for it.

There must be a lot of it.
A few strands were recently sold on Ebay for 360.00!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2006, 02:33:41 AM »
Being nominated for a Nobel Prize doesn't really mean jack shit. Any professor or high ranking government official in the world can submit a nomination. The Nobel committee never publicly announces who the nominees are, so there is no way to verify that Weider was nominated. Even Tookie Williams was "nominated" for both the literature and peace prizes.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2006, 02:35:02 AM »
Like Monsieur Scaramanger, Ben Weider has a third nipple.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006, 05:01:19 AM »
He was nominated in 1984 for Nobel.  Go here tells everything about Ben.  Many awards

www.ifbb.com/ben.html

Thank you, sir.

The Beef

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 05:04:54 AM »
Another little known fact about Joe Weider:

Robby Robinson used Joe's physique to compete in all his shows.
Lies, damn lies and diets

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 07:46:23 AM »
Being nominated for a Nobel Prize doesn't really mean jack shit. Any professor or high ranking government official in the world can submit a nomination. The Nobel committee never publicly announces who the nominees are, so there is no way to verify that Weider was nominated. Even Tookie Williams was "nominated" for both the literature and peace prizes.

Absolutely right on the money. I was just trying to be polite about it. I mean really, The Peace Prize!? C'mon now.