Author Topic: is this a stupid question?  (Read 2001 times)

InsightD

• Getbig II
  • There is power in numbers.
is this a stupid question?
« on: May 27, 2006, 01:04:48 AM »
but with the fed buzz about gear... how long will the sport last?  it's no longer an assumption that people turn the cheek to.  i'm eager for opinions because i'm a huge fan of bb'ing and i'm curious to see how long it can go on "under the radar." 

[-_-]

BallzDeep69

Re: is this a stupid question?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 01:05:53 AM »
Dude... Whaa?  ???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 08:48:36 PM »
but with the fed buzz about gear... how long will the sport last?  it's no longer an assumption that people turn the cheek to.  i'm eager for opinions because i'm a huge fan of bb'ing and i'm curious to see how long it can go on "under the radar." 

Be careful.  Someone will think you're a "narc."   ::)

The sport will not disappear if the powers that be decided to clean it up.  Guys would just be a little smaller.   :)  I doubt it happens anytime soon.  The sport is still flying under the radar.  Congress doesn't care, so you won't have a senator calling Joe or Ben Weider demanding an "investigation."  Heck, it's arguably not even cheating because it's likely 100 percent of IFBB pros use.  Only way I see a significant change is if by some miracle bodybuilding becomes an Olympic sport. 

Alexander Sturm

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 07:09:26 AM »
Yes

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:12:18 AM »
no
bb is a beautycontest
the way to the stage is the sport

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 04:40:05 AM »
I doubt they'll do anything. The only way I can see it is if people start dying. I think the feds and congress have bigger fish to fry then to worry about drugs in bb and sports. Athletes just have to start being a little more responsible and careful.

PB