Author Topic: how many of you train covered up?  (Read 10749 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: how many of you train covered up?
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2006, 11:20:08 PM »
Depends on the body part being trained, i like free movement of parts i am working. I actually wear short shorts for leg day but i lift at home so i am not out in public like that ;D In the winter though i tend to cover up more cause i rather be too warm then cold for obivious reasons.
I

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2006, 06:27:39 AM »
no doubt,when i do legs my clown pants are perfect cause theres no restricted movement whatsoever,i like to keep a pair of shorts in the locker room for when im done and leaving the gym,i just throw them on
R

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2006, 09:31:36 AM »
I always wear sweats... which help keep me warm.  Had a lot of problems with muscle pulls and a shoulder inj a couple of yrs ago.   

Exactly, and now that its summer you get all the baggy sweats and stuff like that on sale!!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2006, 10:09:18 AM »
i go to the flea market in englishtown and theres a guy who sells all them baggy sweatshirts and baggy sweat pants for 1 dollar an item,i go there and spend 25 or 30 bucks with the guy and ill come home with a trunk full of training clothes,throw them in the wash machine and dryer and your set
R

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2006, 10:22:56 AM »
Yes i love to train in baggy clothes.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2006, 10:35:24 AM »
im not in shape this year but even when i was in shape i never like to expose at the gym,im only 12 minutes from my gym and when i  get home after working out and while my shake is in the blender ill pose in front of the mirror for awhile,just to evaluate myself in a realistic manner.being honest with yourself is the best thing in the long run.when you truly go to the gym to bust your ass the last thing on your mind is staring in the mirror at yourself.ofcourse on the other hand there is nothing wrong with training in a cut off if thats your thing,i like to wear a cut off shirt under my baggy sweatshirt on arm day and after 20 minutes or so when im getting a nasty pump ill take the sweat shirt off,it is motivating alot of the time also.to each his own but as long as your busting your ass and leaving everything you have in that gym its all good
R

younggunz

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2006, 05:00:17 PM »
I'm by no means "huge", but i usually wear wifebeaters, honestly when i see the body part I'm working in the mirror it helps my mind-muscle connection plus when u see that  pump its def more motivation, my 2cents

irejistirred4deena

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2006, 05:26:57 PM »
at a gym i used to train at there was a Mr. America in the early 80's who worked there and we were sitting in his office talking and he said it's always the skinniest guys with the least amount of muscle who wear the least clothes and the huge motherfuckers are all covered up in baggy clothes, and from what i've seen i totally agree with him.

What about the guys who don't even wear clothes?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2006, 05:29:41 PM »
What about the guys who don't even wear clothes?

Please for the love of God somebody tell this skinny guy that forearms is a muscle too and it needs more than a night session.
just push some weight!

younggunz

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2006, 05:36:32 PM »
Damn the forarm is nasty!! reminds me of the guy from "scarymovie 3"  NO use my strong hand! (forarm)

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2006, 07:05:29 PM »
First , that kid better start pulling his goalie four or five times a day to get those forearms up.....Second, I'm from Canada where we train in snowmobile suits so it saves time changing for the drive home.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2006, 07:21:04 PM »
First , that kid better start pulling his goalie four or five times a day to get those forearms up.....Second, I'm from Canada where we train in snowmobile suits so it saves time changing for the drive home.

ROFL...That's what it's all aboot Eh!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2006, 07:21:34 PM »
I can understand either point of view.  Lets face it, less clothes will attract the girlies a bit better but to most of us it feels really lame.  Probably because of posers ruining the general perspective of bodybuilders.  Its the same reason why if you don't show it off normal people often have no clue that you actually lift.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2006, 07:31:26 PM »
since we all train its not hard to spot someone whos a true bodybuilder,i know from experiance that if a bodybuilder was training in the gym bundled up compared to a smooth poser wanna be bodybuilder bundled up id be able to tell i think,i think you guys know what i mean,its just a look,sometimes it could be the sucked in cheeks or huge veiny ass forearms if they are exposed,theres ways to tell imo,the posers are funny as hell i think
R

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2006, 08:29:43 PM »
My training attire............

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2006, 08:47:55 PM »
My training attire............

you prefer the feet narrow like that mate?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2006, 08:53:19 PM »

Thats Tom Prince!
just push some weight!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2006, 09:01:42 PM »
Thats Tom Prince!

Thats ME!!

What did I do to piss you off??

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2006, 09:03:04 PM »
Thats ME!!

Nice try Tom! ;)
just push some weight!

BallzDeep69

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2006, 09:04:12 PM »

That's how you build the quads bro!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2006, 09:05:20 PM »
Thats ME!!

OK well you have the same fashion sense then. ;D
just push some weight!

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2006, 09:33:04 PM »
who cares what people wear in the gym?? I couldn't give a shit if you wear a wife beater or a raincoat with a thong. Wear what's comfortable for you and focus on your own workout.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2006, 01:41:06 PM »
who cares what people wear in the gym?? I couldn't give a shit if you wear a wife beater or a raincoat with a thong. Wear what's comfortable for you and focus on your own workout.

you really narrowed it down
R

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2006, 01:49:06 PM »
Most of the time a loose fitting T makes you look bigger, hangs off your traps and flairs out your lats from the back. 

Nike Shorts and a thrift store T-shirt with a tank underneath.

I do workout in a pretty trendy gym in the city and I'm one of the few dudes not in Nike Dri-Fit or Underamor or decked out in Puma.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2006, 02:50:23 PM »
I wear whatever will be comfortable for that day's particular workout.  Some clothes just don't fit as well for certain workouts (like long ass shorts on leg day).
Motherboy (the band).