Author Topic: gym rats,does your gym have them?  (Read 4238 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
gym rats,does your gym have them?
« on: May 27, 2006, 03:53:38 PM »
you know the kind,it takes them 3 hours to do 12 sets cause they walk around talking to everyone,then they hang by the juice bar talking to people having thier shakes and protien bars,they practiclly live in the gym,does your gym have anyone like that?
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: gym rats,does your gym have them?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 04:48:24 PM »
at this gym i trained at there was this really obese dude who would be in the gym from 8am till around noon,he walks around and try,s to correct peoples exercise form and try,s to tell them they are doing to many sets and stuff,he tryed talking to me one day and i asked him right away to strip down and hit afew poses for me since hes in the gym all day,he walked away mumbling something  ::)my point was made fast
R

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 04:51:35 PM »
Yes, the same four people do it every time I am in the gym.  One of them came up to me one day, and I don't even know him.  Thank god he go the hint when I was short with him.

What did you say to him? :-\

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 04:56:30 PM »
i just tell them i got a std and that usually backs them off pretty quickly,the bad thing is you wont be to populer with the broads when they get wind of it
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 05:29:25 PM »
bally,s always has the most off the wall gym rats around,the stinker gym rat has to be the worst,ya know,the dude who wears the same stuff day after day with out ever washing it,and he always leaves a puddle of sweat around every peice of equipment he uses and you practiclly need a rowboat to get near the peice
R

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 05:31:23 PM »
bally,s always has the most off the wall gym rats around,the stinker gym rat has to be the worst,ya know,the dude who wears the same stuff day after day with out ever washing it,and he always leaves a puddle of sweat around every peice of equipment he uses and you practiclly need a rowboat to get near the peice
i hate those guys because it makes people paranoid thinking that it's them who smell.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 05:38:41 PM »
they should ban those stinkers from the gym,the best is the guy who does a set then sits down like hes in math class writing all this stuff down in his little log book,by the time he does his next set around 7 minutes went by.its all good if you keep track of your training in a log book but you cant rest that long,wtf is someone writing that takes that long(dear log book,i felt strong on this set,im staring at some chicks hooters on the treadmill and they are huge,im going to up my dbol dosage when i get home ect) :P
R

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 05:40:49 PM »
they should ban those stinkers from the gym,the best is the guy who does a set then sits down like hes in math class writing all this stuff down in his little log book,by the time he does his next set around 7 minutes went by.its all good if you keep track of your training in a log book but you cant rest that long,wtf is someone writing that takes that long(dear log book,i felt strong on this set,im staring at some chicks hooters on the treadmill and they are huge,im going to up my dbol dosage when i get home ect) :P
i've always said that if you can't remember exactly what you lifted for how many reps you aren't training hard enough.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 05:41:52 PM »
i've always said that if you can't remember exactly what you lifted for how many reps you aren't training hard enough.

are you implying that people who write down everything can't get past 130 lbs soaking wet, sarcasm?
Deep Tissue Massage

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 05:42:30 PM »
are you implying that people who write down everything can't get past 130 lbs soaking wet, sarcasm?
yes Power Rod i am suggesting that.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 05:43:15 PM »
  We have some alpha-male douchebag who sweats like a pig and doesn't bother to wipe the puddles off of the equipment and the floors when he's done with his workout. He walks around the shower-room naked admiring his fat ass in the mirrors, and he always has to be the last one out of the gym. The owner of the gym even calls him "Captain Kangaroo" behind his back. He sucks.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 05:46:20 PM »
ive never kept alog book but some people swear by it,yates used one and it worked for him pretty well imo,lol,i just train by how i feel and for the most part i remember the weights and reps i did,i use the log book for my diet though,heres my famous diet book ;)

R

TheBigAristotle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 05:53:17 PM »
My gym has a guy who is there like 3-4 hours everyday only he's like the coolest guy there and competes sometimes. He just does like 2 hours of cardio and 20+ sets per bodypart. Super nice and everything and shredded. I always wondered where he got all the energy until he told me how much ephedrine he takes everyday !  :o

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 05:58:55 PM »
My gym has a guy who is there like 3-4 hours everyday only he's like the coolest guy there and competes sometimes. He just does like 2 hours of cardio and 20+ sets per bodypart. Super nice and everything and shredded. I always wondered where he got all the energy until he told me how much ephedrine he takes everyday !  :o

thats cool though,hes there training and not just hanging out,i respect that cause its hard as hell to be in the gym that long when your bustin your ass,the other guys that just talk are taking up space that the serious guys need,im in and out of the gym in 45 minutes tops,i do my cardio on my recumbnent bike at home in front of the tv,time goes by much faster on the bike when your watching the tube at home imo
R

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2006, 06:24:24 PM »
yes Power Rod i am suggesting that.

Dorian wrote down his weights every training session.

Assclown.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 06:25:14 PM »

M.E.L.T.D.O.W.N.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 06:27:04 PM »

Monster intensity

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 06:29:25 PM »
He also owned his own gym; big difference between that and the douchebags at LA Fitness and Bally's.

Monster  M.E.L.T.D.O.W.N.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 06:34:06 PM »

I got to 160 pounds by writing everything down ;D

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 06:43:01 PM »
I go to a gym where I am often the strongest guy in there, which is hilarious because I am probably weaker than I'd say 90% of you.  Almost all of them are poser cunts who can often be on the bench benchpressing for the entire time I am there.

So this gym is PACKED on a monday with people doing 1/2 range bench presses and empy on friday when I do my legs.  As far as I know, myself (and the group of people I go with) are the only ones who train legs seriously.  I've never seen anybody squat more than 100kg there and I've never seen anybody deadlift that either.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 08:19:17 PM »
Few gym rats that piss everyone off, they seem to follow anyone that is over 200lbs around and do the exercises they do.
Have a few bros that workout 2x a day,put alot of dedication into it,I have respect for those guys,lol people look at them crazy(weird it's usually the fat ass people that work at the gym and the fat asseswho cant seem to understand "You get what you put into it" )
Anyways, respect those guys, and the executives that come in and i'm telling you work their ass offon the treadmills and cardio equipment to burn off stress I guess.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 09:02:18 PM »
i bet these same people were "pool rats" when they were kids
Valhalla awaits.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 09:05:13 PM »
its funny, at my old gym it was similar to the ones mentioned above, not too many deading or squatting compared to everyone on lat pulls and bech press.  So i am deadlifting onetime, afterwards see this guy i know who is diong some biceps curling exercise with cables, sees the deads and is like "oh i just do cables i have a family history of back problems"

I was like, oh cool man
Valhalla awaits.

txhulk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 10:02:15 PM »
lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2006, 10:05:19 PM »
I always wondered where he got all the energy until he told me how much ephedrine he takes everyday !  :o

75 mg? 100 mg?  MORE?