Author Topic: UFC 60: AND THE WINNER IS...  (Read 5405 times)

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
UFC 60: AND THE WINNER IS...
« on: May 27, 2006, 07:43:16 PM »
Swik & Riggs= Mike with the swikatine in the first!

Vera & Silva= Vera by guillatine in the first!

Both Swik and Vera looking strong!!!

more to come...

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
Re: UFC 60: AND THE WINNER IS...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 08:16:38 PM »
Sanchez & Alessio= Sanchez by boring decision!

Gracie & Hughes next....

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 08:57:21 PM »
Matt Huges total domination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 09:21:34 PM »
Play by play from Sherdog.com

Both fighters look very composed as the first period starts. After a brief clinch against the cage, Hughes scores a takedown directy into side control. Hughes looking for a Kimura. Gracie's arm is being bent back horribly. Royce escapes but Hughes gets on his back with both hooks in. The wrestler then pounds away at Royce's head until referee "Big" John McCarthy stops the bout at 4:39 of the first round. Complete domination by the champion.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 09:24:05 PM »
I see Hughes pounding Royce and winning by ref stoppage.

I don't like to brag but....

gettinswole

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 09:25:16 PM »
After the fight, Gracie said that he will be back in the cage again.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 09:27:37 PM »
Play by play from Sherdog.com

Both fighters look very composed as the first period starts. After a brief clinch against the cage, Hughes scores a takedown directy into side control. Hughes looking for a Kimura. Gracie's arm is being bent back horribly. Royce escapes but Hughes gets on his back with both hooks in. The wrestler then pounds away at Royce's head until referee "Big" John McCarthy stops the bout at 4:39 of the first round. Complete domination by the champion.

I am almost  speechless...I wasn't totally sure who would win,but I sure thought it would be a better fight than that....wow.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 09:38:55 PM »
Look for a GSP or BJ vs Gracie match up!

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 10:12:36 PM »
I feel like a sucker buying this ppv  :-[

I knew Matt would win but he totally dominated Royce - I felt sorry for Royce after that fight
RIP Bob Probert

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 10:57:53 PM »
I feel like a sucker buying this ppv  :-[

I knew Matt would win but he totally dominated Royce - I felt sorry for Royce after that fight

Don't be sorry for Royce. He is still a warrior worthy of the utmost respect.
I wanted Royce to win, but the better man won tonight.
Lee

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 11:19:41 PM »
Don't be sorry for Royce. He is still a warrior worthy of the utmost respect.

No doubt, but I hope Royce learns from the mistakes of those who came before him and retires.

He has two forces working against him: Age and the game passing him by.

As an aside, I did find it ironic that Hughes almost caught Royce in the same hold that the guy for whom the hold was named, Kimora, used to defeat Royce's father (Helio's corner threw in the towel) over 60 years ago.

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »
Anyone who didn't know Hughes would dominate was on crack and living in the long distant past.   Hughes showed MUCH better BJJ than Gracie ever did in the cage.

The undercard fights were MUCH better than the main card.  Spenser Fisher's knockout was brutal, as was Melvins.

Tedd

• Getbig II
How did Gracie NOT tap?
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 11:42:50 PM »
I saw a lot of mistakes by Gracie.  Royce should have went for the full guard and not just a half guard which Matt Hughes passed.  When Matt Hughes had his legs in and Royce bellied out, Royce should have kicked and based up (wrestling move to get out of a leg ride).  Also Royce needed to (girl scout) another wrestling term for keeping the legs together so Matt Hughes couldn't get in his hooks.  Matt Hughes had a nasty straight arm bar form a side mount and Royce didn't tap, I couldn't believe it. Royce was controlling Matt's left leg from completely stepping over him all the while waiting to free up his left arm which almost looked to be broken.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 11:48:58 PM »
So you guys are saying the guy with no muscle and an A taper frame lost this fight?  This is hard for me to take in..

Tedd

• Getbig II
Would Royce have let Hughes break his arm?
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 12:13:06 AM »
What do you think?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 12:27:46 AM »
It would be interesting to do a study on MMA fights of the last few years and see what percentage were won by the fighter with the better physique.

I think the results would be surprising.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 01:24:11 AM »
Couldn't tell until I realized just recently that two of Royce's more recent fights had been draws. Wasn't the same guy anymore; his appeal was largely based on a record  compiled over ten years ago.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 01:41:45 AM »
Couldn't tell until I realized just recently that two of Royce's more recent fights had been draws. Wasn't the same guy anymore; his appeal was largely based on a record  compiled over ten years ago.

Yeah If I were have to place a bet on this fight,I would have said Gracie...I base that on the first couple of UFCs and how easily he dominated them. MMA has came a long way in the last ten years.When they first started it,just about everyone in it had one dicipline.Royce shocked everyone,and people started to cross train.That makes it a whole different ball game.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 02:04:56 AM »
Jason Miller at 6'0" and about 170 just beat a guy who was 6'7" 375 at Rumble on the Rocks last night in Honolulu.  Choked him out in 45 seconds

bigally

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 05:07:40 AM »
By the way...........am I the only one here who thinks Diego Sanchez was given a gift?  Allesio won the fight.  Those that witnessed it (the crowd) thought as well.  What, he throws a couple of punchez with 8 seconds left in the fight............."Hey, look at me!" 

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 05:32:21 AM »
By the way...........am I the only one here who thinks Diego Sanchez was given a gift?  Allesio won the fight.  Those that witnessed it (the crowd) thought as well.  What, he throws a couple of punchez with 8 seconds left in the fight............."Hey, look at me!" 

I thought it was REALLY close, but decisions that close almost always go to the bigger names.  I noticed 1 judge (the one from New Mexico ;D) scored it 30-27; I think that Allessio def. deserved the 1st rd due to the way he defended the takedown so well and the jab. 
If he'd opened up w/ his offense more, he'd have dominated Sanchez.  Even Couture said he fought too defensively...

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 06:40:21 AM »
No way. Screw the crowd...they don't have a clue. Allesio did NOTHING but run and escape takedowns the entire fight. Diego was the aggressor, and asorbed maybe three solid strikes in the fight. One of them opened a cut pretty bad above his eye, but I'm not going to give a fighter a victory for running for three rounds.

I'm a Diego fan, but I admit he needs to work on his standup game.
Lee

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 11:00:39 AM »
 Bingo, you don't win fights with just a jab.  Allesio did NOTHING offensively, even though Sanchez was busted up. 

But even though Gracie took a serious manbeating at the hands of Hughes, i'd put money he'd tap any ifbb "pro" in under 2 minutes.

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 04:44:44 AM »
After the fight, Gracie said that he will be back in the cage again.
  You won't see Royce in the cage again.  The guy wants way to much money to fight, and we all saw his performance Saturday night, and he's not worthy of that kind of paycheck.  Maybe 10 years ago but he needs to retire!

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 10:05:23 PM »
  You won't see Royce in the cage again.  The guy wants way to much money to fight, and we all saw his performance Saturday night, and he's not worthy of that kind of paycheck.  Maybe 10 years ago but he needs to retire!

Sadly true and no different than Mike Tyson...