Author Topic: Phil Heath is being misleading!!!  (Read 15148 times)

HowDog

• Getbig II
Phil Heath is being misleading!!!
« on: May 28, 2006, 03:01:46 PM »
Let me preface this thread with the fact that I am a fan of Phil Heath and truly believe that he is the future and thank god for that b/c Jay and Ronnie do not do it for me.  Asthetics baby Asthetics!!
Phil is being misleading by stating that he has only trained for 4 years.  No way.  The man definetly trained with weights in high school and college in the offseason for college basketball.  I am the same age and went to college around the same time and my friends who played ball hit the weights.  He might of not did a "bodybuilding workout program" but the man did curls, calf rises etc...  I would love to see pics of him at 18 and I bet he was jacked.  Basically I would not want a 16 yr old to think that he could get as big as Heath in 4 years.  Heath really has be training for the las 12 years and not 4.  Just keeping it real!!!Thats all. 

HowDog

• Getbig II
Re: Phil Heath is being misleading!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 03:17:35 PM »
He's been "bodybuilding" (e.g., training specifically for hypertrophy, eating for hypertrophy, and injecting mass quantities of chemicals for hypertrophy) for the past three years (not four).

He may have been working out since he was 10.  He never said he wasn't.  But he has only been doing it specifically for bodybuilding since 2003.

Heath said that he been bodybuilding for the last four years, three years ago was his first show.  If I misinterpreted him so be it!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 03:23:41 PM »
Yeah, there was a little shadiness there.  I wasn't going to say anything, but...

Who has the BBall press kit from where he was on the team?  During his backetball career, his little profile on the team brochure bragged about all his great lifts and stats.   So either he decided to post those numbers BEFORE he ever lifted (remember he said he wasn't allwoed to lift while on the team), or he's been strength training for quite a few years. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 03:39:35 PM »
ok, maybe four.  I thought I read somewhere it was 2003.

Ronnie has been bodybuilding only since 1990.  That doesn't mean he wasn't working out long before that.  He just never did it specifically for bodybuilding (contests I presume this means).

I believe Ronnie said that he was working out since he was 13 !!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 03:43:32 PM »
I believe Ronnie said that he was working out since he was 13 !!
Ronnie is the Jesus of Bodybuilding

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 03:46:43 PM »
ronnie is just a genetic freak... even in the pictures of him as a kid you can see the potential...

body88

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 03:47:06 PM »
He's been "bodybuilding" (e.g., training specifically for hypertrophy, eating for hypertrophy, and injecting mass quantities of chemicals for hypertrophy) for the past three years (not four).

He may have been working out since he was 10.  He never said he wasn't.  But he has only been doing it specifically for bodybuilding since 2003.

Matt you been owning bitches right and left these days

upgrade the old lady to a new piece did ya?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 04:13:43 PM »
Actually Matt has owned himself in the last two posts.. to think that he would no more since he has seen every bodybuilding video and magasine. ::)
just push some weight!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 04:15:06 PM »
Actually Matt has owned himself in the last two posts.. to think that he would no more since he has seen every bodybuilding video and magasine. ::)
i think you meant "know" ... anyway what the hell are you talking about?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 04:16:03 PM »
Well he seems to think that bodybuilders started training "bodybuilding style" right after their first contests..
just push some weight!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 04:46:09 PM »
Let me preface this thread with the fact that I am a fan of Phil Heath and truly believe that he is the future and thank god for that b/c Jay and Ronnie do not do it for me.  Asthetics baby Asthetics!!
Phil is being misleading by stating that he has only trained for 4 years.  No way.  The man definetly trained with weights in high school and college in the offseason for college basketball.  I am the same age and went to college around the same time and my friends who played ball hit the weights.  He might of not did a "bodybuilding workout program" but the man did curls, calf rises etc...  I would love to see pics of him at 18 and I bet he was jacked.  Basically I would not want a 16 yr old to think that he could get as big as Heath in 4 years.  Heath really has be training for the las 12 years and not 4.  Just keeping it real!!!Thats all. 

Not misleading at all.
I was weight lifting ears before i started "training more like a bodybuilder". Thats what Phil means. Sure he threw some weights around in college..but yes, only 4 years of serious training with his genetics is truly believable. Thats why we are here behind the computer screen, and he is Phil Heath, along with all the other pros. They have something speciall genetically that really favors anabolism...we dont..well, we do to a point..but tha tpoint is way short of a pro bodybuilding type phyusique...and roids have nothing to do with it....thats a small part... Its genetics, Hard work/consistency dieting and training, and all the other "stuff" after..

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 04:50:41 PM »
Not misleading at all.
I was weight lifting ears before i started "training more like a bodybuilder". Thats what Phil means. Sure he threw some weights around in college..but yes, only 4 years of serious training with his genetics is truly believable. Thats why we are here behind the computer screen, and he is Phil Heath, along with all the other pros. They have something speciall genetically that really favors anabolism...we dont..well, we do to a point..but tha tpoint is way short of a pro bodybuilding type phyusique...and roids have nothing to do with it....thats a small part... Its genetics, Hard work/consistency dieting and training, and all the other "stuff" after..

That turns you on doesn't it?
just push some weight!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 05:00:20 PM »
Ronnie played LB at Grambling Univ under Eddie Robinson.  Also... played ball in Patterson, LA or something in HS.  So... he has been hitting the weights for a while.  Didnt he start gear in his mid-twenties around 25-27 which is pretty late.. as far as the pros go?   
Oh...Monica!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 05:44:11 PM »
Ronnie was a competitive powerlifter long before he became a competitive bodybuilder.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 06:28:04 PM »
Ronnie was a competitive powerlifter long before he became a competitive bodybuilder.

I`m going to have to disagree with you there Wes.  There still to this day, has been no evidence of Ronnie ever competing in any sanctioned Powerlifting meet ever.

bignatural

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »
College stats:

Squat: 415
Bench: 290
Cleans: 240

Pretty impresive for a basketball player

http://denverpioneers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/heath_phillip00.html

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 07:47:18 PM »
Yep, just not "bodybuilding" until age 25 or 26.  Before that he did it recreationally.  He did it specifically for competitive purposes at a much later age.
Yep, he went to Dallas, delivered pizzas for dominos I believe and would pretty much only eat pizza all the time, and his moms food, still was real muscular and low BF% then he wanted to join a gym and meet Dobson...rest is history

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 07:59:41 PM »
To answer this question, YES! I began training as of October 8th, 2002

Outlook: Pound for pound, the strongest Pioneer on the floor … with his 5-foot-10, 180-pound frame, squats an impressive 415 pounds … also benches 290 and cleans 240 lbs … with one of the better vertical leaps on the team, can dunk with ease.

This was written for the 2002 season.  Therefore Phil must have made these lifts immediately upon starting.  If he began training in Oct 02, (and the HS BBall season usually runs oct til dec?) that means Heath could bench 290 and squat 415 on his first tries.

This may be true.  Incredible genetics.  But I'd be interested to know what he's benching and squatting NOW, after 4 years of training.  If he made normal beginners' gains, he should not be squatting 700 and benching 405 easily.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 08:05:23 PM »
Outlook: Pound for pound, the strongest Pioneer on the floor … with his 5-foot-10, 180-pound frame, squats an impressive 415 pounds … also benches 290 and cleans 240 lbs … with one of the better vertical leaps on the team, can dunk with ease.

This was written for the 2002 season.  Therefore Phil must have made these lifts immediately upon starting.  If he began training in Oct 02, (and the HS BBall season usually runs oct til dec?) that means Heath could bench 290 and squat 415 on his first tries.

This may be true.  Incredible genetics.  But I'd be interested to know what he's benching and squatting NOW, after 4 years of training.  If he made normal beginners' gains, he should not be squatting 700 and benching 405 easily.

Yep yep!

Its what its about..Genetics, the tell tale key tha twill determine how great a bodybuilder you will become..Sucks but its true..DOesnt suck for those "with the gift" right Heath?  ;)
All top 5 pros are genetically gifted, some more than others..Phil is on his way up- Jay Cutler is peaking now! SO I expect jay to get better and better.. Jay And Phil are gonna be ramming heads jus tlike ROnnie and Jay are now...I really think this will be ROnnies last year...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 08:14:15 PM »
Phil, what are your current bench press and squat numbers?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 08:20:29 PM »
Adam,I don`t remeber where I read it,but it was some old muscle rag,but it showed Ronnie squatting in a competition.

You`re right though,I could find no info about it online.

If I still have the mag,I`ll post the info.

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 09:10:27 PM »
and roids have nothing to do with it....thats a small part... Its genetics, Hard work/consistency dieting and training, and all the other "stuff" after..
Amazing someone can believe such bullshit...or expect others to believe it.
Lee

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »
I haven't maxed out on any lifts since college. As you guys can see from the internet link posted that I did lift weights. I never said I didn't lift, I only said that I did for bodybuilding. Think about it, basketball is now a sport where guys have to be stronger, faster, etc. to be competitive which is why we all had to lift in college. I was always built even in high school AND I DIDN'T LIFT WEIGHTS, I actually didn't wanna do it because of the myth that your game [basketball] would suffer. Many peeps cannot understand how someone like myself can reach this level of bodybuilding so quickly, but why throw around these types of threads as if you know what I'm really capable of.

I have always been an athlete, which is why I earned a division 1-a scholarship which is something many cannot claim on record. Do any of you really think that baskeball players lift like bodybuilders? If so, then why aren't they all on-swole? That means that they aren't bodybuilders nor are they lifting and especially eating like one. When I played, we did bench press, squats (front and or back), Lunges, deads, high snatch pulls, chins and cleans(hang and from the floor).  That was all for being explosive on the playing floor. We weren't pushing that much weight in comparison to bodybuilders, but I was exceptional because of my genetics. It was a good program, but more powerlifting than bodybuilding, I think many aren't reading things clearly.

I've been blessed with some really good genetics, but I also work my butt off just like many of you do or claim to do. Some of these guys on the board who speculate so much and again, try to through salt on my game should just realize that I'm doing something positive and not being an arrogant punk considering my success in this sport. I respect everyone's opinion but I do not like it when peeps don't know anything about being an athlete and we're not talking about playing club ball or hanging with friends. I'm talking about high level post high school experience as all of them had some type of trait (genetics, hard work) to get them there. Ok, I'm done with this topic as I've spent again way too much of my time defending who I am. I do appreciate the people on here who have my back in reference to explaining my lifting experience, so I say thank you. The haters, well I guess they have nothing better to do, but I guess I enjoy it so keep it up and I will always try harder (7-0 baby).

Peace!

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 09:18:42 AM »
the gift has spoken  ;)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 09:19:09 AM »
I haven't maxed out on any lifts since college. As you guys can see from the internet link posted that I did lift weights. I never said I didn't lift, I only said that I did for bodybuilding. Think about it, basketball is now a sport where guys have to be stronger, faster, etc. to be competitive which is why we all had to lift in college. I was always built even in high school AND I DIDN'T LIFT WEIGHTS, I actually didn't wanna do it because of the myth that your game [basketball] would suffer. Many peeps cannot understand how someone like myself can reach this level of bodybuilding so quickly, but why throw around these types of threads as if you know what I'm really capable of.

I have always been an athlete, which is why I earned a division 1-a scholarship which is something many cannot claim on record. Do any of you really think that baskeball players lift like bodybuilders? If so, then why aren't they all on-swole? That means that they aren't bodybuilders nor are they lifting and especially eating like one. When I played, we did bench press, squats (front and or back), Lunges, deads, high snatch pulls, chins and cleans(hang and from the floor).  That was all for being explosive on the playing floor. We weren't pushing that much weight in comparison to bodybuilders, but I was exceptional because of my genetics. It was a good program, but more powerlifting than bodybuilding, I think many aren't reading things clearly.

I've been blessed with some really good genetics, but I also work my butt off just like many of you do or claim to do. Some of these guys on the board who speculate so much and again, try to through salt on my game should just realize that I'm doing something positive and not being an arrogant punk considering my success in this sport. I respect everyone's opinion but I do not like it when peeps don't know anything about being an athlete and we're not talking about playing club ball or hanging with friends. I'm talking about high level post high school experience as all of them had some type of trait (genetics, hard work) to get them there. Ok, I'm done with this topic as I've spent again way too much of my time defending who I am. I do appreciate the people on here who have my back in reference to explaining my lifting experience, so I say thank you. The haters, well I guess they have nothing better to do, but I guess I enjoy it so keep it up and I will always try harder (7-0 baby).

Peace!
no offense Phil but i think the drugs have a little something to do with being "on swole".
Jaejonna rows 125!!