Author Topic: First Annual Mr. Getbig Details! (updated 8/20)  (Read 200063 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Im wondering when the start date could be.  Not to long i think.   As much as id like for goudy to get his legs up, we cant wait till november....unless that was the finals date.  Goudys got some good size and may win without the legs...he has a good chance.

How bout start date June 15th and finals sept 15th?

Stavios

If this is ever going to happen, you have to keep it simple...no tests, weight classes, age divisions, before pics, etc.  Pick a date on which everyone submits good quality pics of all seven mandatories and have a pannel of other Getbiggers decide the placings.  I nomimate Royalty, ND and Hulkster as three of the judges.

After we get the 1st Mr. GetBig done, we can evolve it to have better rules, divisons, classes, etc.  For now JUST KEEP IT SIMPLE! 

Hey Minspin, I want to judge too. :(

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Hey Minspin, I want to judge too. :(

I mentioned those three guys becasue they have proven, without a doubt, through thousands of posts, that they have a true appreciation for "physical culture".  They are also on separate ends of the spectrum in terms of what they believe is the "ideal". 

You may be qualified, although I have not seen you vigorously debate on the topic.  Have you judged a show b4?  We should have as many six judges, so if Stavios is in, and Royalty, Hulk & ND agree to do it, that leaves 2 more spots open...perhaps Shawn R. & Lee P.?
w

Stavios

I mentioned those three guys becasue they have proven, without a doubt, through thousands of posts, that they have a true appreciation for "physical culture".  They are also on separate ends of the spectrum in terms of what they believe is the "ideal". 

You may be qualified, although I have not seen you vigorously debate on the topic.  Have you judged a show b4?  We should have as many six judges, so if Stavios is in, and Royalty, Hulk & ND agree to do it, that leaves 2 more spots open...perhaps Shawn R. & Lee P.?

I never judged a show but a least, unlike the majority of the board, I actually did a show  ;D
And I think I am really unbiased when I judge physiques so I think I qualify

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Do you think shawn could deliver the same quality level of fairness in judging that he displays in his moderation duties?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I've judged over 200 amateur shows and a couple of IFBB events so I think I got a right to say this ......

The judging panel, once decided, has got to back up the decision of the Judging Panel no matter how he/she feels about the income. The decision of the Judging Panel has got to be definitely FINAL and no individual judge should ever tell a contestant that he got screwed or that it was political or any statement which casts doubt on the decision of the overall panel.

One man never decides who wins but that winner is decided by the consensus of all.

Believe it or not but there is no fairer way to judge bodybuilders than the present NPC judging procedures. Absolutely no fairer way providing that the Head Judge does nothing to change the placings once the individual judges turn them in.

This could be one hell of a great kick in the ass for BODYBUILDING and garner a lot of publicity for this exceptionally fine GetBig Board.

Is Luke the man who will be setting it up? I hereby again cast my vote for Luke and hope that one and all will abide by his plans/rules/regulations without a lot of confusing suggestions this first time out.

Let luke run with the ball and we can all input suggestions for improvement for the 2nd Annual GetBig Bodybuilding Championships.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
I've judged over 200 amateur shows and a couple of IFBB events so I think I got a right to say this ......

The judging panel, once decided, has got to back up the decision of the Judging Panel no matter how he/she feels about the income. The decision of the Judging Panel has got to be definitely FINAL and no individual judge should ever tell a contestant that he got screwed or that it was political or any statement which casts doubt on the decision of the overall panel.

One man never decides who wins but that winner is decided by the consensus of all.

Believe it or not but there is no fairer way to judge bodybuilders than the present NPC judging procedures. Absolutely no fairer way providing that the Head Judge does nothing to change the placings once the individual judges turn them in.

This could be one hell of a great kick in the ass for BODYBUILDING and garner a lot of publicity for this exceptionally fine GetBig Board.

Is Luke the man who will be setting it up? I hereby again cast my vote for Luke and hope that one and all will abide by his plans/rules/regulations without a lot of confusing suggestions this first time out.

Let luke run with the ball and we can all input suggestions for improvement for the 2nd Annual GetBig Bodybuilding Championships.

Good post.  Your'e in! 8)

Stavios

Ron hasn't speak on this yet, I would love to hear what are his ideas

War-Horse

• Getbig V
How bout the pics are taken outside.  That way theres little light manipulation......We dont want to turn into MD magazine.   Altho thats the best mag on the market. ;)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
also throw in alittle prize for most improved bodyparts or most improved person over all regardless of that persons placing
R

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
If (and let's give it a week and see) I do end up running this competition I will personally guarantee that the competition will be run properly and to a standard above and beyond that currently exemplified by the IFBB pro shows.

This means:
-clear, concise and ENFORCED judging criteria
-judging accountability and justifications
-ordered show format
-equitable enforcement of rules and regulations
-training for competitors

...I'm also working out the mathematics involved in a live judging process, which I think is possible.

Prizes, publicity, forefeits etc will be things I'll farm out to those best qualified to run with them. (Although I myself am opposed to monetary prizes... maybe this could be a charity event?)

I'll even go so far as to run a mock competition using mandatory shots of say... former Mr Olympias so that everyone can understand the judging criteria; format; rounds; comparisons and scoring system. Then at least we'll know once and for all whether Dorian could beat Ronnie.

(sorry, couldn't resist that one)

The Luke

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV

now I am depressed... we got all the fucking fatties over here...

>:(

War-Horse

• Getbig V
now I am depressed... we got all the fucking fatties over here...

>:(

Well if you leave, thatll be one less.

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
We should have, a getbig "worst physique special award" too,you can not leave the squad (sarcasm,mars ,mos....)out of this competition,they are great addition to the board.                                                   PS:let me start your reply guys"I'll bet you're the type of guy" follow by "m.eltdown"      whateva       

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Hey War-Horse, looking huge bro. how hard are you hitting the cardio?

I took a bunch of pics at 252 and 247.It was  right before i started eating clean...waited a few weeks before adding the cardio.
Sarcasm is going nuts asking why im fat if im doing so much cardio.  I didnt tell him its an older pic hahaha.   Also, I set the flash to draw me out and he wondered why i dont have lines.LOL ;D

So cardio is only 2 weeks now steady.  It was the beginning of the countdown.     Now its pretty serious,  30-45 in am on empty stomach.  and fast walk and abs at night for 30 minutes.    Ill drop cardio on leg day and sunday.
How bout you??    Still on the regimen?
You oughta do the mr getbig show on here...have you seen it?

Mr. Intenseone

I can't believe threads are this long......unfreakingbeli evable!!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
I am doing allright at 248 this morning (after training), PM me your email address and I will send a couple of pics (taken 3 weeks ago).. I am not interested in the Mr getbig show. I'd rather support the entrants.

I just sent a pm but hit the enter key accidentily.   Ill resend email addy later.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

I just sent a pm but hit the enter key accidentily.   Ill resend email addy later.

Ok, I am a fat 245 and am doing this new  exercise for cardio, what is wrong?
I saw lots of 6-8 yr  olds doing it, they looked lean as hell, why not me?
How about we all get in a big circle , grab the man next to you and .....
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Stavios

hahaha that pic is hilarous

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
hahaha that pic is hilarous
i know, if i have food in my mouth when that picture comes up i have to turn my head beacause i spit my food it's so damn funny, not because Howie is funny looking but because it's so damn goofy.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Trying to organize a bunch of getbig idiots.   Monster dillusional award.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
i know, if i have food in my mouth when that picture comes up i have to turn my head beacause i spit my food it's so damn funny, not because Howie is funny looking but because it's so damn goofy.

Yeah turn your head, you wouldn't want to spit semen all over your computer screen.

haha, you have been own-ed

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Trying to organize a bunch of getbig idiots.   Monster dillusional award.

C'mon look at the drive and serious intensity I exhibit on that spring piggy and tell me we can't get something serious going here at get big
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Exactamundo Rocket, its as if half of these pricks have never witnessed such delights as the no show by Fonz over at Elite Fitness all those months ago

Fucking bone sacked twats

It sounds like you took it personal...."Spankycapone"

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
no the best was Sue Ferrigno.
Did lue sue this person for using the Ferrigno last name
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH