Author Topic: First Annual Mr. Getbig Details! (updated 8/20)  (Read 198300 times)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: Mr. GetBig 2006...9/15/06!!!
« Reply #1075 on: June 19, 2006, 10:53:28 AM »
anything you say "superstar" ::)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #1076 on: June 19, 2006, 11:36:54 AM »
I think that the winner of the Mr. Getbig ...will have the option of banning True Adonis from Getbig 

4 LIFE!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone once said.... "To be the Man ...hahahhahahah, yeah baby.... YOU GOTS TO BEAT THE MAN !!.... And baby!!!!!!!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .... IM STILL DA MAN ...WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

16 time World Champion Ric "The Nature Boy" Flair
L

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #1077 on: June 19, 2006, 12:57:36 PM »
"to be the man, you gotta beat the man, WHOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo ooo"..........."and brother, you aint the man". super classic  ;D

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #1078 on: June 19, 2006, 02:06:50 PM »
Why am I interupting my important cryptozoological expedition and using my precious internet time (I'm camping in Northern Wisconsin) to correct morons who are too lazy or too stupid to read???

Let's set some things straight once and for all...

-careful reading of my posts in this thread will dispel all the misconceptions people seem to have about the contest (Natural Al, DerekR, UK Gold, Sculpter... go do your homework, you have 44 pages to study)

-I volunteered myself to run the contest... no one dissented, lots (including most of the would-be contestants) backed my nomination

-there will be lots of sub-divisions and categories in the show in order that most contestants can at least realistically win a class (again, I have already explained this in detail)

-this being the first GetBig Physique Contest we have NO defending champion... inaugural events don't have defending champs by definition. However, seeing as True Adonis started this thread by challenging certain other members... and seeing as the Mr GetBig grew out of his challenge... True Adonis is the HONOURARY defending champion... it's an HONOURARY title. (should no-one enter the contest, he will win by default).

-I'm currently trying to organise having a film-production company edit the contest together into a video format for internet download... hopefully we'll be able to watch it online something like a live show

I'm back to my expedition...
The Luke

PS-can everyone please make an attempt to read my posts before they take umbridge at things not written but merely misconstrued. I know I use a lot of those fancy two-syllable words, but with a little effort (and maybe keeping a dictionary handy) I'm sure we can all participate in the discussion.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #1079 on: June 19, 2006, 02:09:59 PM »
why are you investing your time?

DerekR

• Getbig III
  • All roads lead to re: delete!
« Reply #1080 on: June 19, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »
Why am I interupting my important cryptozoological expedition and using my precious internet time (I'm camping in Northern Wisconsin) to correct morons who are too lazy or too stupid to read???

Let's set some things straight once and for all...

-careful reading of my posts in this thread will dispel all the misconceptions people seem to have about the contest (Natural Al, DerekR, UK Gold, Sculpter... go do your homework, you have 44 pages to study)

-I volunteered myself to run the contest... no one dissented, lots (including most of the would-be contestants) backed my nomination

-there will be lots of sub-divisions and categories in the show in order that most contestants can at least realistically win a class (again, I have already explained this in detail)

-this being the first GetBig Physique Contest we have NO defending champion... inaugural events don't have defending champs by definition. However, seeing as True Adonis started this thread by challenging certain other members... and seeing as the Mr GetBig grew out of his challenge... True Adonis is the HONOURARY defending champion... it's an HONOURARY title. (should no-one enter the contest, he will win by default).

-I'm currently trying to organise having a film-production company edit the contest together into a video format for internet download... hopefully we'll be able to watch it online something like a live show

I'm back to my expedition...
The Luke

PS-can everyone please make an attempt to read my posts before they take umbridge at things not written but merely misconstrued. I know I use a lot of those fancy two-syllable words, but with a little effort (and maybe keeping a dictionary handy) I'm sure we can all participate in the discussion.

Sit down, son. The adults are talking about you and your power trip. Don't you know that melting down in the woods is dangerous? How are we the morons for not caring to spend an afternoon reading 44 pages?

I believe you are trying to make this into more than most people want to participate in. I mean, really, do you think you will fill up all the categories you listed?

Just say you're making TA the champ to try and get your "friends" interested in promoting this. Making him an honorary champ for starting a thread is pretty damn stupid in my book.

I hope I didn't use any words that were too big for you "Little Joe". If you want to discuss things, that's great. If you want to bitch some more, I can do that too.
BKS Stooge

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #1081 on: June 19, 2006, 03:38:47 PM »
Sit down, son. The adults are talking about you and your power trip. Don't you know that melting down in the wood is dangerous? How are we the morons for not caring to spend an afternoon reading 44 pages?

I believe you are trying to make this into more than most people want to participate in. I mean, really, do you think you will fill up all the categories you listed?

Just say you're making TA the champ to try and get your "friends" interested in promoting this. Making him an honorary champ for starting a thread is pretty damn stupid in my book.

I hope I didn't use any words that were too big for you "Little Joe". If you want to discuss things, that's great. If you want to bitch some more, I can do that too.

Derek 4, four post in and he just handed the Luke some meltdown pie with ownage on top!! hahahahaha
L

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1082 on: June 19, 2006, 08:19:16 PM »
The Luke is one of the most educated people on this board and he's taken it upon himself to get the job done. Check out some of the stuff he's written for the natural board. It will be no easy task to make sure this contest is fair, and real. He's willing to put in the time to make sure it happens. And maybe, it will be an annual thing if it's done right. Instead of shooting it down before it get's going, contribute your ideas.
"Shut the F up and train"

DerekR

• Getbig III
  • All roads lead to re: delete!
« Reply #1083 on: June 19, 2006, 08:51:13 PM »
The Luke is one of the most educated people on this board and he's taken it upon himself to get the job done. Check out some of the stuff he's written for the natural board. It will be no easy task to make sure this contest is fair, and real. He's willing to put in the time to make sure it happens. And maybe, it will be an annual thing if it's done right. Instead of shooting it down before it get's going, contribute your ideas.
I wasn't saying The Luke wasn't educated or willing to put in the time. Go back and read his posts (as he suggested to me) and tell me you can't smell the arrogance through your monitor.

As I said in a previous post, I backed his play by PMing Ron. He lost me with the 2006 champ being TA. All I did was ask him to explain and he called me either stupid or a moron. That's why I was a smart ass with him.

I don't care if TA started the thread, I read that the first time. It still doesn't make sense to have him as the winner by default. If it works, it's obviously grown beyond TA's challenge.

While I understand the idea of multiple categories so that everyone has a chance to place, I don't understand there being so many. Are there that many participating?? Somehow I doubt it.

I would be glad to contribute (or attempt to) as long as the person running things was willing to listen without acting like a dick.
BKS Stooge

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1084 on: June 20, 2006, 10:12:09 PM »
Yeah, not sure what all that was about. Perhaps a joke? He's off to some archaeological event, so I haven't heard back from him.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #1085 on: June 21, 2006, 02:20:29 AM »
Why on earth should there be different categories just so " everyone has a chance to place" :-\ You are either good enough to be Mr Getbig - or you're not. Adonis laid down a challenge, and as much as i despise the ridiculous tard that challenge has to be respected. If there are only a couple of people in his division his [presumed] victory will be meaningless. There should be TWO categories:
1] Natruals and people who've been clean for over two years
2] Juicers
Simple. If there are twenty categories like you want, the contest is so diluted that the title of Mr Getbig is redundant. No one gives a shit about the novice teen Mr Getbig. We ALL want to see Adonis battling the likes of Arvilla, Goudy, Warhorse, Gracibjj etc etc.
Remember, Mr Getbig natrual and Mr Getbig juiced.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1086 on: June 21, 2006, 06:27:13 AM »
Why on earth should there be different categories just so " everyone has a chance to place" :-\ You are either good enough to be Mr Getbig - or you're not. Adonis laid down a challenge, and as much as i despise the ridiculous tard that challenge has to be respected. If there are only a couple of people in his division his [presumed] victory will be meaningless. There should be TWO categories:
2] Juicers
Simple. If there are twenty categories like you want, the contest is so diluted that the title of Mr Getbig is redundant. No one gives a shit about the novice teen Mr Getbig. We ALL want to see Adonis battling the likes of Arvilla, Goudy, Warhorse, Gracibjj etc etc.

very good post imo,everyones gonna be very suprised when you see my pics in september,im takin this thing very very serious to say the least,im doin this for all us 40 plus year old guys on these boards and gonna show everyone that you cant count us out just cause we are 40 plus,ill be ready to rock in september
R

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #1087 on: June 21, 2006, 06:53:25 AM »
2] Juicers

I would like to amend that slightly. I think there should be 4 classes and that's it.

Naturals and 2 years clean A: who have competed before B: haven't competed before

Juiced A: have competed B: haven't competed.

I think this will give people a chance to compete against their peers. Anything more than this is just getting too complicated.

I also think the category winners should get banning privelages. They can ban someone for a week at a time and their power lasts for two months.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #1088 on: June 21, 2006, 06:56:28 AM »
I would like to amend that slightly. I think there should be 4 classes and that's it.

Naturals and 2 years clean A: who have competed before B: haven't competed before

Juiced A: have competed B: haven't competed.

I think this will give people a chance to compete against their peers. Anything more than this is just getting too complicated.

I also think the category winners should get banning privelages. They can ban someone for a week at a time and their power lasts for two months.

Banning privileges? If Sarcasm(ha-ha) or broadstreetbruiser won I'd get banned likkety-split.
E

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1089 on: June 21, 2006, 01:17:18 PM »
Yepper. Natural and Juiced are the only categories we need.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #1090 on: July 04, 2006, 10:19:54 PM »
Just a quick note to let everyone know that I survived my expedition and, tick bites not withstanding, am none the worse for wear.

Could someone (Oliver?) please let me know what happened with the Mr GetBig competition thread as Ron hasn't returned any of my pm's.

Thanks,
-Luke

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #1091 on: July 04, 2006, 10:22:00 PM »
Just a quick note to let everyone know that I survived my expedition and, tick bites not withstanding, am none the worse for wear.

Could someone (Oliver?) please let me know what happened with the Mr GetBig competition thread as Ron hasn't returned any of my pm's.

Thanks,
-Luke

Now I can finally get a good nights sleep. I was worried sick about you. Who are you, again? ;D
E

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1092 on: July 04, 2006, 11:28:06 PM »
Ok reading through this thread, I agree with what several people have said.  This is far too complicated.  Simplify the contest to submitting mandatory poses by a certain date under one of a couple categories and that's it.  All this film production stuff magazine coverage and a long list of categories to enter, it's way to much.  Several BB boards have had contests like this and they have worked without being major international productions.  This seems like the quickest way to kill a good idea.  Just keep it simple and fun.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #1093 on: July 05, 2006, 08:46:53 AM »
Ok reading through this thread, I agree with what several people have said.  This is far too complicated.  Simplify the contest to submitting mandatory poses by a certain date under one of a couple categories and that's it.  All this film production stuff magazine coverage and a long list of categories to enter, it's way to much.  Several BB boards have had contests like this and they have worked without being major international productions.  This seems like the quickest way to kill a good idea.  Just keep it simple and fun.

I SECOND THAT!!
just push some weight!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #1094 on: July 05, 2006, 08:55:28 AM »
We shall just wait for me to enter my pics..and i will be crowned the champion!!! All respect to the other worthy competetors of course...i have aesthetics and mass...a combo only seen in Haney, Arnold and Cormier!!
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1095 on: July 05, 2006, 09:47:44 AM »
We shall just wait for me to enter my pics..and i will be crowned the champion!!! All respect to the other worthy competetors of course...i have aesthetics and mass...a combo only seen in Haney, Arnold and Cormier!!
Is that a turkey in your avatar???

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1096 on: July 05, 2006, 11:10:30 AM »

youll win the most scrawny lookin dude title,we expect you to carry that title with pride
R

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #1097 on: July 05, 2006, 11:17:59 AM »
Is that a turkey in your avatar???
how does it look like a turkey? (waitin for punchline)

Gracie will win the outdoor division of Mr. Get Big.....mandatories include posing with various branches , behind bushes, and ones hanging upsidedown on a tree....  flannel shirt wrapped around your waist is the proper attire that and strange patterned rags used as a bandana...
L

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1098 on: July 05, 2006, 11:28:38 AM »
i dont think i have a shot at winning but placing ahead of you is gonna be easy i think,talk all you want now but ill sit back and wait till september and let my build do the talkin,im not lowerin myself to the childish level you exhibit.i just cant beleive so called adults can actually say the stuff you come up with,to be honest man i really hope some of you dudes arent like this in real life.im far from perfect but some of you guys live for these boards,i really think after you so called owned someone on these boards you probably get excited and run in the bathroom and beatoff real fast then come back to the boards
R

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #1099 on: July 05, 2006, 11:32:59 AM »
,i really think after you so called owned someone on these boards you probably get excited and run in the bathroom and beatoff real fast then come back to the boards

yeah you exude classiness gracie.... adults dont wear shirts that say POSSE 21 and lift braches in the woods while having your boyfreind take pics so you can post it online...from your pics you have two arms that match your shoulders...thier not small but thier not big, and sure as hell not cut or defined..that may be cause of your skin color ..but yes you are correct ..lets wait till september ... I think that you never caught wind of the joke I played on collosus 1986 and you think its me or something...you must of been working out in the backyard or something when I told everyone it wasnt me ..oh well its cool .hahah
L