Author Topic: lister  (Read 1966 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
lister
« on: May 29, 2006, 08:18:30 AM »
never really payed attention to this guy til this last ufc...

but DAMN!  :o dude's got some serious bjj skills

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
Re: lister
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 11:18:59 AM »
He was great; he locked those holds perfectly.  And he was fighting a guy w/ some serious stand up...

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 11:20:43 AM »
Lister had the best submission of the night !! It was beautiful. You guys have to see It. I'm sure it will be on spike in a few weeks.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 11:25:01 AM »
For those of you that don't know. Dean Lister was fighting in Japan. He had a pride contract. He had a couple of fights but the Japanese wanted him to fight once a year at most. ( They think grapplers are boring ) So he left his contract. He is the Abu dabi and king of the cage champion. Considered one of the best In the world on the ground. He showed that Saturday night.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 12:22:44 PM »
Dean Lister is good on the ground but I prefer watching stand up guys - if he continues to fight that way Dana White and UFC fans will turn on him.  just my 2 cents  ;D
RIP Bob Probert

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 01:46:18 PM »
Dean Lister is good on the ground but I prefer watching stand up guys - if he continues to fight that way Dana White and UFC fans will turn on him.  just my 2 cents  ;D
Promoters will tell you that they'll bring in a good striker over a great grappler because the crowd usually appreciates stand up more.  Only a few people (like the intelligent MMA board of Getbig ;D) appreciate seeing a really talented grappler like Lister.  He totally shut down a great striker.

Go to a live fight; half (OK, most) of the crowd is still a typical Toughman "kick his ass...we want blood...stand up, you pussies" group.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 02:56:51 PM »
I like watching good submission fighters but people pay top dollar for blood and knock outs

did you watch one fight between Nathan Marquardt and Ivan Salaverry - they got booed for 3 rounds and Ivan was let go for that performance.
RIP Bob Probert

wookie

• Getbig II
  • Hair Challenged Animal
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 03:04:17 PM »
that was one of the best fights in some time, really nice groundgame
Gigantische muskelmassen und stahlharte definition