Author Topic: cutting without gear  (Read 3216 times)

!@#$%

• Getbig III
cutting without gear
« on: May 29, 2006, 12:57:08 PM »
I was looking up mpb on wikipedia (listed as: Androgenetic alopecia) and under the section "Hair loss and lifestyle" it says this:

"Daily, vigorous aerobic exercise (as opposed to short workout periods designed to raise androgen levels and build muscle or more sporadic exercise) and a diet which is adequate yet more moderate in terms of fat/total calorie intake have been shown to reduce baseline insulin levels as well as baseline total and free testosterone, significantly lowering baseline DHT."

So vigorous cardio and low calories lower natural test. I never heard this before, only that there is a propensity to burn muscle. This along with other stuff I've read makes it sound like it is incredibly difficult to cut without gear.

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
Re: cutting without gear
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 01:15:07 PM »
people do it all the time.

less weight more reps will cut you up.

it has been going on for years now.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 08:18:47 PM »
I was looking up mpb on wikipedia (listed as: Androgenetic alopecia) and under the section "Hair loss and lifestyle" it says this:

"Daily, vigorous aerobic exercise (as opposed to short workout periods designed to raise androgen levels and build muscle or more sporadic exercise) and a diet which is adequate yet more moderate in terms of fat/total calorie intake have been shown to reduce baseline insulin levels as well as baseline total and free testosterone, significantly lowering baseline DHT."

So vigorous cardio and low calories lower natural test. I never heard this before, only that there is a propensity to burn muscle. This along with other stuff I've read makes it sound like it is incredibly difficult to cut without gear.

Cutting without gear leaves you tiny.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 08:29:38 PM »
I have a good friend whose competed for the last 7 or 8 years 100% naturally and he's done very well, so it can be done. Even so, even he has reached the point where he's is beginning to think of using AAS because in short he feels he has reached as far as he can go without it. like a lot of guys he's always been really anti-AAS but it's funny how opinions can change over time with a little education. One of his biggest concerns is that he has a family history of bad health problems, so you can't blame him for being extra cautious. But from talking recently in a number of conversations I'd say it is just a matter of time before he crosses over.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 09:00:41 PM »
like i've BEEN saying. don't do the hampster cardio. every time i've done it it's been disaster. just eat a little less. You WON'T get a heart attack if you don't run on the hampster wheel. unless you compete in running sports CUT IT OUT!

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 09:18:57 PM »
There is anything as depressing as trying to cut and ending up as a smaller version of what you were. This has happened to me several times. It is such a waste to work hard to put the muscle on if you are just going to loose while cutting.

Dieting only works for me up to a point then I plateau and can't lose any more fat. Increasing reps and lowering rest times just give my muscles a more ripped defined look, but it doesn't do anything for my fat level.

I only have two options:

1. Stay lean all year round. Which sucks, cause I make the most gains with really high calories.
  2. Use gear and do a bulking and cutting cycle, including a lot of cardio in the cutting cycle.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 11:21:33 PM »
for real b. das ma word. next time i'm gonna just go zero carb for a month and das it worrrd up.

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 09:25:06 AM »
for real b. das ma word. next time i'm gonna just go zero carb for a month and das it worrrd up.
hi, zero carbs looks imposible to me..
w

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 10:20:19 AM »
hi, zero carbs looks imposible to me..
That would be very tough and it's not something I would advise doing. Carbs are essential even when dieting, yes, they can be low, but they should still be there to some extent.

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 07:43:14 PM »
That would be very tough and it's not something I would advise doing. Carbs are essential even when dieting, yes, they can be low, but they should still be there to some extent.
yes that is true carbs can be and must be low , but zero point is unimaginable !
w