Author Topic: Why was Diego booed?  (Read 2215 times)

seemytree

• Getbig II
  • chuuck!
Why was Diego booed?
« on: May 29, 2006, 12:57:53 PM »
When he was interviewed after being announced the winner he was booed.
I know Alessio had a good defence, avoiding take downs...

But the played it too safe, you don't win fights walking around doing a couple of jabs, then walking to your corner with a guy on your back because you don't know what to do... sorry, that was not sparring practice, that was a real fight.. be more active and show dominance.
doodie

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Why was Diego booed?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 01:41:08 PM »
When he was interviewed after being announced the winner he was booed.
I know Alessio had a good defence, avoiding take downs...

But the played it too safe, you don't win fights walking around doing a couple of jabs, then walking to your corner with a guy on your back because you don't know what to do... sorry, that was not sparring practice, that was a real fight.. be more active and show dominance.
I did'nt see the card yet so I don't know what's up with the booing thing but you'd have to be blind not to see diego not being the next UFC  "bad boy"

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 01:41:23 PM »
Agreed.  A lot of people are saying that the audience was mostly people who weren't too educated in MMA.  They booed everybody who wasn't heavily striking (like Jeremy Horn, I was told).  The only grappler I saw get cheered was Gracie.

Capt._America

• Getbig II
  • Would rather be feared than respected
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 06:50:49 AM »
cause he is a joke and has been handed at least three wins when he should have lost

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:54:57 AM »
cause he is a joke and has been handed at least three wins when he should have lost

Now he did look awful aganist John but he owned  Diaz and aganist his forst opponet he submitted him with strikes so how was he given his last three wins? I do know this his next opponet is Karo Parsiyan so he better bring his A  game if he wants to win

FatGuy

• Getbig II
  • Man these weights are heavy!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 01:28:21 PM »
Not a Diego fan, I didn't think he won by unanimous decision..

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 10:21:50 AM »
Not a big Diego fan, I hope they do reach a deal with him fighting Karo, Diego needs a reality check.  His takedown attempts looked bad, but I'm sure Karo doesn't care if it hits the mat or not.