Author Topic: MMA fight Videoclip from 1987 Zulu VS Gracie  (Read 3207 times)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
MMA fight Videoclip from 1987 Zulu VS Gracie
« on: May 30, 2006, 04:10:36 PM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7164967957055106499&q=gracie

Rickson Gracie VS Zulu in Brazil, 1987

I think that Zulu did a great fight here considering he seems to be trained in capoiera. Man thats like going in the ring with some hip hop moves. To stand 12 min with Rickson Gracie with hip hop and pure willpower is quite an accomplishment! The fight might not be much to what we see today, but alot better then most UFC fights in the early days. Check it out. Quality is so and so. Zulu is mean!
MIRAGETROPIN

Jaded

• Getbig II
Re: MMA fight Videoclip from 1987 Zulu VS Gracie
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 07:27:10 PM »
people say that Zulu was Rickson's toughest opponent ever!

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 10:17:14 PM »
That is some crazy shit. People throwing crap in the ring, the ref
pulling both fighters to the middle of the ring. True no holds bar
fighting. Can you imagine if the UFC was run that way. You must however be a Bjj fan or a grappler to really like that stuff. Nice !!!

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 06:03:54 AM »
THAT is a gracie!  ;D

any other older fight vids of either of the two guys? i've only seen one other zulu fight....anyone have anymore?

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 08:52:10 AM »
Yes that's Rickson Gracie. He was or is the best Gracie fighter.
Considered better than Royce.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 12:01:29 AM »
When I was taking lessons from Rorian, Rickson and Royce always came by the house (where we trained).  This was around 1988 and I remember watching that fight with them against ZULU.  After the fight Zulu was pissing fragments from his kidneys from all the kicks.  I think they said he was undefeated at the time of their fight.  I had a tape they gave and lost but it had allot of fights on there from underground type fights the Gracies used to hold because it was against the law.  Here I am submitting Rickson while Royce didn't want to jump in at the time.  He beat me at his game, I beat him at mine.  hehe ;D

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 01:29:16 PM »
Zulu was supposed to be unbeatable but Rickson beat him down and it shot him to superstardom in the martial arts world. They say that there was only 1 Gracie that could submit him when he was 17 but he unfortunately died years ago. He was said to be the best of any Gracie in any generation.

I always wanted to see Rickson tear Wallid Ismael apart. Wallid was the Gracies prize student if i remember correctly (???) and beat Ralph, Renzo and then Royce. Royce had just had a bad car crash and almost broke his neck, but took the fight anyway. He was subsequently choked out - his first ever loss in BJJ -  but he opted to be choked out as opposed to tap out. A fully fit royce would have soundly beaten him. A fully fit Rickson would have destroyed, and then retired him IMO
Scouser on Tour

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 02:13:07 AM »
Zulu was supposed to be unbeatable but Rickson beat him down and it shot him to superstardom in the martial arts world. They say that there was only 1 Gracie that could submit him when he was 17 but he unfortunately died years ago. He was said to be the best of any Gracie in any generation.

I always wanted to see Rickson tear Wallid Ismael apart. Wallid was the Gracies prize student if i remember correctly (???) and beat Ralph, Renzo and then Royce. Royce had just had a bad car crash and almost broke his neck, but took the fight anyway. He was subsequently choked out - his first ever loss in BJJ -  but he opted to be choked out as opposed to tap out. A fully fit royce would have soundly beaten him. A fully fit Rickson would have destroyed, and then retired him IMO

Actually I think my old best friend Criag Kukuk was the Gracies top student of all time.  He was the first white to get a black belt.  I have known Craig for along long time and no one in my life I have ever seen have harder and pinpoint power like Craig did.  a couple of my freinds said that I was the hardest they ever seen but I am saying Craig is far harder than me.  Very scary when he hit someone.  And then he learned and was dedicated to Gracie.  We trained up at Rorians house.  It was one on one at $20 an hour.  Afterwards you ate.  Craig became unreal but suffered a serious lower back injury I heard.  Someone told me he heard Rickson and the other Gracies all say they would never want to fight Craig. He had incredible forearm strength.  He grabbed you and you weren't going anywhere.  I knowhe would have done major damage in the UFC.  I heard they offered him $300,000 to fight in one of the first ones.  But his wife would not let him.