Author Topic: How to actually ENJOY Bodybuilding! Advice from the cheap seats  (Read 2092 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
To really enjoy bodybuilding try the following things:

1. Do NOT take this sport too serious, sit back and watch, like a train wreck, it has some serious "off the wall" entertainment value. ;) ;D

2. Post on Get BIG ,but keep your sense of humor...it is an internet board c'mon.

3. Be serious about your own training and diet, but, if you obsess too much about what the pros do, you might be a stalker of sorts :o

4. Go to a local/regional shows when you can. The really bad bodybuilders and fitness/figure babes are often more fun to watch then the winners  at these events :-*

5. If you decide to compete, go in at your INDIVDUAL best, take pics and enjoy the process of watching your body change and look ripped, etc. Win, lose or get last, use the experience to make YOU better.
It may have been close, but 99% of the time if you placed low it was NOT politics, it was your physique lacking.

6. DRUGS have been a part of this game for over 40 years and will be for a lot more.
Don't worry too much about this issue, it will stress you and acomplish NOTHING. I should know, I have bitched and moaned like an old lady about drugs in this game. :o ;D
Simply sit back and admire the pros and top national bodybuilders, without giving much critcal thought to how they got that way. Trust me, you will have a lot more fun if you just say "whatever" when it comes to the drug issue.

7. Don't take the idea of getting a pro card too serious . If you have the gentetics you will know it within a few years. It will be obvious, if NOT no amount of extreme drug use is worth it, even if it does produce a national level body, if you don't have the "look" you won't ever make a career out of it.A prime example is Dave Polumbo. Built a lot of rock hard muscle , but did not have the shape.

8. Have a decent career OUTSIDE of bodybuilding!

9. Train and diet on YOUR terms. YOU pay for your gym membership and YOUR food.
If somebody else doesn't like it, tell 'em they can pay for it and you will try things their way :P

10. Use the sport and lifestyle to help keep you fit , healthy and young at heart.

'nuff said,  Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: How to actually ENJOY Bodybuilding! Advice from the cheap seats
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 06:42:38 PM »
Trust me, you will have a lot more fun if you just say "whatever" when it comes to the drug issue.

I'm guessing that you don't have a problem with the NSA wiretapping your phone without a warrant either.

Rules matter. Honesty matters.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 06:49:49 PM »
I'm guessing that you don't have a problem with the NSA wiretapping your phone without a warrant either.

Rules matter. Honesty matters.
LOL, oh trust me as a staunch libertairan and fiscal conservative I am VERY much against this attack on personal liberty.I am also big on ethics and the rule of law, etc. Bodybuilding is a hobby and sport, not national security nor does it affect my taxes or civil libertys. In other words, it is a fun thing in my life, I don't take it that serious, but I enjoy it a great deal.
 The big problem is unlike most other pro sports, most bodybuilding fans complain when they hear talk of the top guys NOT juicing...go figure.
My point was and is, no matter what guys like me say, drugs will remain. I am just a Joe Blow in the sport and enjoy bodybuilding for what it is, for better or worse. I am lot happier and relaxed like that.
Howard

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 07:38:09 PM »
This thread generated about as much interest as Alexx's leg workout ;D
I say put it out of its' mercy..I am going to bed and give my wife BOTH inches  :o

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:42:42 PM »
you obviously put a lot of time and effort into your original post, Howie - good job.

I take bodybuilding seriously becuase it's what I care most about. Next to being a good Catholic, stayin' swole is my main priority. I feel that if something matters to you, giving that thing less than 100% is no way to live life. But, yeah, I still keep a sense of humour about it and try to stay humble  8)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 07:45:34 PM »
you obviously put a lot of time and effort into your original post, Howie - good job.

I take bodybuilding seriously becuase it's what I care most about. Next to being a good Catholic, stayin' swole is my main priority. I feel that if something matters to you, giving that thing less than 100% is no way to live life. But, yeah, I still keep a sense of humour about it and try to stay humble  8)

Oh  no question train hard and eat well, take THAT serious, but, all the gossip crap and who wins what pro show...keep that fun ya know.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 07:50:32 PM »
good post Howie.

Thanks. Smoochy reminds everyone to always pack your sheltie

thisiskeith12

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 07:53:23 PM »
Howie, you are the man!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 07:55:39 PM »
Howie, you are the man!
Yes , but alas, I am "smooth a s pygymy hippos butt" can we use that as new expression for a guy who is all the way "off season" kinda like Polumbosim for the off season husky gentlemen