Author Topic: New Frank Zane - Mr Olympia video clip  (Read 4980 times)

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
New Frank Zane - Mr Olympia video clip
« on: May 31, 2006, 09:15:47 PM »
See it here for a slighter higher quality playback:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2731394

Or, if you can't pull up the video there, you can go and see it here:

Mr. Intenseone

Re: New Frank Zane - Mr Olympia video clip
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 10:45:04 PM »
See it here for a slighter higher quality playback:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2731394

Or, if you can't pull up the video there, you can go and see it here:

Awesome clip....Hopefully it will put an end to people saying he had a swimmers physique!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 05:16:18 AM »
Awesome clip....Hopefully it will put an end to people saying he had a swimmers physique!
His symmetry and proportion were unbeatable.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 06:03:47 AM »
The most beautyful physique ever developed.

Thanks for posting that.

The Beef

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 12:07:43 PM »
When I see Zane posing, and old expression comes to mind "comfortable in his own skin". Zane's posing never looked forced or contrived. A real class act.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 12:57:20 PM »
the guy looks so healthy, even today.

it makes you think steroids are the fountain of youth and happiness.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 01:24:02 PM »
Very impressive! Damn if only budybuilding was still like that...
just push some weight!

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 02:42:33 PM »
Very impressive! Damn if only budybuilding was still like that...

I agree totally Alex.
Romans 1:20

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 05:52:56 PM »

You know aswell as I do that swimmers physique is an exaggerated term and this video does nothing to take back the fact that he was hardly the most thick mr olympia.

If bodybulding was still like that then really, we'd have a lot of guys looking like that.  Zane didn't have awesome structure atall.  Take nothing from him, he was in fantastic condition and he brought something to the table that was unique but you can't seriously suggest that his physique is how things should still be.  Its about a happy medium and ronnie is one end of the scale and zane is the other.  In the middle are guys like shawn ray, levrone etc who are and were what bodybuilding should be today.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 12:00:08 AM »

jacshelb

• Getbig II
  • "guys in tank tops are assholes"
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 12:11:49 AM »
You know aswell as I do that swimmers physique is an exaggerated term and this video does nothing to take back the fact that he was hardly the most thick mr olympia.

If bodybulding was still like that then really, we'd have a lot of guys looking like that.  Zane didn't have awesome structure atall.  Take nothing from him, he was in fantastic condition and he brought something to the table that was unique but you can't seriously suggest that his physique is how things should still be.  Its about a happy medium and ronnie is one end of the scale and zane is the other.  In the middle are guys like shawn ray, levrone etc who are and were what bodybuilding should be today.

You've got a really good point.  But, bodybuilding being subjective as it is, people will always have their own preferences.  I disagree that Shawn and Kevin are the ideal, though they are/were great bodybuilders.  And, that's my preference.  I am a fan of Boyer Coe, Dan Padilla, and Steve Davis even above Lou, Arnold, and Zane.  I like Haney and Coleman and Levrone more than I like Ray, Dexter, or Gustavo.  My tastes don't follow any set guidelines, just kinda whoever's physique inspires me most, personally.  And I think that's what we run into when we see people making opinion based arguments.  But, you've put it as well as anyone as your picks represent a logical balance between mass and class.

Jacob

jacshelb

• Getbig II
  • "guys in tank tops are assholes"
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 12:14:15 AM »
Oh, and thanks Joel for the video!  I'm going to check it out just as soon as I get my connection upgrade (we're just now getting decent dsl connections out here in the sticks...  :P   ).  I checked out the other stuff you put up on youtube at a buddy's house and it's good stuff, thanks.

Jacob

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 12:20:04 AM »
Come on guys Zane was as shredded as anybody. had monster quad separation, symetry, shape, tiny waist and anyway he was a 70's guy. If he competed today he'd be like 205 TOPS or else he'd ruin his body.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 12:34:04 AM »
If he competed today he'd have a hard time getting his pro card.

Dr. Shock

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 02:57:59 AM »
lol I bet Arnold is saying to him "enjoy it while you can skinny boy cos you're gonna get owned next year"  ;D

BallzDeep69

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 03:09:15 AM »

I agree with that!

The only thing Zane really had going for him were his extra-wide clavicles.  I mean his delts aren't even thick!  But again he gets away with it because he has a broad frame to start with.  Def. wider than Arnolds structure.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 04:36:16 AM »
If he competed today he'd have a hard time getting his pro card.
Do not forget that the drugs were not as safisticated as today. You only had a handful to choose from. It was a total different era. I like the fact the he introduced symmetry and proportion to the sport as opposed to sheer mass.

PB

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 02:54:31 AM »
Zane's apartment smelled of rich mahogany.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 01:14:34 PM »
With that conditioning and only 15 more pounds of bodyweight he can DEFINATELY get a pro card. Look at Troy Alves. I saw him in person and he's very small.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 05:42:45 PM »
Do not forget that the drugs were not as safisticated as today. You only had a handful to choose from. It was a total different era. I like the fact the he introduced symmetry and proportion to the sport as opposed to sheer mass.

PB
of course you have to respect him for what he brought to bbing and just for the fact that a smaller, more defined man has become Mr. O but if were talking about the guys of the early days I prefer Arnold's and Franco's look more.
bodybuildersreality.com

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 05:45:55 PM »
even arnold and franco are much different from each other.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 05:55:28 PM »
even arnold and franco are much different from each other.
yes but you know what i mean. They had more of a powerful look than Zane had. Im not saying I didn't like Zane though.
bodybuildersreality.com

BallzDeep69

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 01:19:23 PM »
With that conditioning and only 15 more pounds of bodyweight he can DEFINATELY get a pro card. Look at Troy Alves. I saw him in person and he's very small.

True..  Another guy with wide clavicles.