Author Topic: Matt the deaf fighter on TUF.  (Read 4380 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Matt the deaf fighter on TUF.
« on: June 02, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »
No way this kid is the next coming as Tito keeps saying he is.

He was gassed beyond exhaustion last night fighting a guy that was a tenth as strong and was more than content to just give up the fight.

This kid Matt is supposedly a wrestling GOD but he's too afraid to take it to the ground because his much much weaker opponent knows submissions?

Then what good is being a world class wrestler?

Matt chose to stand up and make it a slug fest, he showed almost no defense. Often he walked straight in with his chin wide open for the taking.

This kid didn't impress me at all, his opponent didn't want the fight.

Last week the kid Ed showed himself as average against a weak opponent even though he was hyped as the best on the show and now this kid Matt showed himself average.

Where did they find these guys? Aren't there better fighters out there this show could find?

Rant off.

bigally

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Matt the deaf fighter on TUF.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 09:02:55 AM »
Couldn't agree with you more.  Here's a new concept............throw an elbow!!!!  Just how many missed opportunities were there?  It was actually very sad to bear witness to 'fear'....palpable fear on the faces of both fighters.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 09:07:59 AM »
i stopped watching it this season.  this si the worst cast so far.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 09:26:23 AM »
Couldn't agree with you more.  Here's a new concept............throw an elbow!!!!  Just how many missed opportunities were there?  It was actually very sad to bear witness to 'fear'....palpable fear on the faces of both fighters.

The deaf kid should have been ground and pounding that tattooed dude into oblivion. He was so much stronger that it didn't even seem like they were in the same weight class. You couldn't be more right about the elbows, he should have had him on the ground and pummeled him with elbows.

There were at least 7 times when the deaf kid Matt walked straight in, no hands up, no defense and his chin hanging out there like a bullseye. Any reasonably competent fighter would have broken his jaw and ended the fight.

That fight was a joke.

If this cast is any indication of the quality of fighters out there then there just aren't enough to support this show anymore. Next year they'll be pulling kids from the YMCA's judo class.

The sad thing the show has so much potential. The first year was great.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 10:20:02 AM »
 More often than not, these guy's talk as if they're something to be feared !  That red headed clown actually asked Tito ,,do you want to take his place !? Tito replied "you don't want that to happen" !

Matt is a beast (only when they train)!  The guy he fought was garbage ! It's hard to believe these guys have actually been training for years?

Regardless of the other guys Jiu-Jitsu skills ,,Matt should have done ,what he does best ,and taken him down and pounded him into a knockout , or ref stoppage!

Matt is a much better fighter ,but seeing him fight , you couldn't tell !?

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 10:26:41 AM »
Yeah, that was a hideous display.  Any striker worth his balls would have sent Matt to la-la land... My favorite comment from him was "I'm now on Tito's level, which means i'm above *tat guy*".  Fucking idiot.  Tito would beat him to an inch of his life.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 12:03:05 PM »
Complete joke of a fight. They both suck ! If any of these guys were to the UFC and fight, they would get there asses handed to them. Dana
( White ) should be embarrased with the fighters he has on the show.
Could you imagine one of these guys stepping into a PRIDE fight.
lol. Ive seen way better fighters at my local BJJ school.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 12:16:05 PM »
Complete joke of a fight. They both suck ! If any of these guys were to the UFC and fight, they would get there asses handed to them. Dana
( White ) should be embarrased with the fighters he has on the show.
Could you imagine one of these guys stepping into a PRIDE fight.
lol. Ive seen way better fighters at my local BJJ school.
DANA was dissapointed. He said "it was a sloppy fight"! You can't sell a fight ,like that! People are not going to pay to see a bullshit fight ! But ,,if it's for free,,I'll tune in ! ;)

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 12:57:34 PM »
painful to watch. these guys are supposed to be at the top of their game....or at least c,ose to it with the training they have been receiving. matt was timid to the point where it was unbearable. when that tatted guy nickels would go down and curl up into a ball, matt didnt know what to do. he looked like a perplexed dog playing with a turtle in his shell.

that  nickels dude might have done a little better if he had LISTENED TO HIS CORNER. he was tucking his head down and throwing punches like a school yard fight. WTF????? i hate shamrock, but he was giving good advice on the fight. in the clinch there was about 2 knees put out there...one of which stunned matt. the other fight (that tate guy with the fucked up shape head) he lost has ass because he didnt listen to one single piece of advice that came from his corner. these fighters have no respect for shamrock and just gaff him off. its funny....but they lose.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 01:21:37 PM »
This whole season has been very painful to watch - the fights are boring - all these fighters talk shit and can't back it up - not listening to coaches - but i'm a sucker will continue to watch  :-[
RIP Bob Probert

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 01:48:08 PM »

that  nickels dude might have done a little better if he had LISTENED TO HIS CORNER. he was tucking his head down and throwing punches like a school yard fight. WTF?????

The problem was that he was gassed about a minute into the fight and didn't have the energy to follow Ken's instructions. Apparently, that trip to the driving range didn't help his cardio.

You guys are all right on the money with your comments, but with regard to why there seems to be such a lowel level of talent on the show: MMA is still pretty new in this country, has a horrible reputation and doesn't pay well. In addition, to be a well rounded fighter, you need to become proficient in boxing, muay thai, wrestling, and BJJ. To do so, takes time and MONEY (I spend $300 a month on bjj alone). There are no College scholarships for MMA, so, the most talented athletes go into sports like baseball, football  and basketball. Ironically, the people who would be best able to train for  MMA are rich kids who don't have to work, and they're the last ones who would go into that sport.

All these factors add up and the result is what you see on TUF.

Am I the only one who notices that there is a lot more respect on this board than on the bodybuilding boards?

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 04:03:09 PM »
Great point of view !!!!

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 04:27:13 PM »

Am I the only one who notices that there is a lot more respect on this board than on the bodybuilding boards?

Yeah, this is a bit different than the BB'ing board. :)

I was pretty disappointed about last night; it made Matt look really one dimensional.  I've honestly seen much better fights in regional/amateur MMA. 

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 04:30:34 PM »
so far to date the tattoo'd guy (too tired to remember right now) was without a doubt the single most wortless fighter I've ever seen step into the ring and with that being said give Matt a break, the guy was in there with a hyper extended elbow........

if matt's healthy and can go to the ground there's no was that fight goes longer that 4 min !

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 01:33:35 PM »
not that i wanna sound cocky or like "the big i am" but from that showing i would have battered fuck out of him. My striking is pretty shit hot and my grappling and take down defence is inspiring at times. Saying that, maybe it was a 1 off. His wrestling shows signs of phenomenal potential so theres room for improvement. He can go far if Tito trains him full time. I was in tears when tito was stamping his foot to get his attention between rounds  ;D
Scouser on Tour

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 02:48:44 PM »
I was in tears when tito was stamping his foot to get his attention between rounds  ;D

no shit bro....kinda hard to get corner advice when youre DEAF!!!!

tito needs cue cards!!!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 02:54:02 PM »
all wrestlers are known to train fucking hard but this guy got nothing to do in mma. im starting to wonder if deafness is his only disability. he cant submit, he cant strike, he cant throw a kick if his life depended on it and he can't ground and pound either.
and the tattoo guy was obviously picked to be on the show because of his looks, without the tattoos he wouldnt even be there. most of the times he seemed to have his eyes closed so it was the blind fighting the deaf. and 2,5 years of submissiontraining at age 34, that's nothing. you'll end up against people that done it for 25 years.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 02:55:58 PM »
and last episodes fight wasnt good either. redhead guy is allright but wasnt impressive, very slow, wasnt able to ground and pound, elbows was slow-motion. and they guy he fought was a beginner.
bad matchups.
and there's another 3-4 fighters left on the show that's almost as bad. the jew isnt very impressive. the guy that talked about his kid for a whole episode is a chump too.
Z

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 03:00:36 PM »
it was the blind fighting the deaf.

And there's the quote of the day ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 03:07:08 PM »
he should start with the no 1 blindsport - stickfighting
Z

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 05:10:45 AM »
Matt said that he had an injury where he couldn't really use his right arm..so he was gonna try to stand up with him....Wasn't real impressed either. Ed sure does talk alot of shit for being mediocre as well. I will enjoy watching him get his ass kicked when he goes up against a tough opponent!

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 10:36:18 AM »
Even with his 'elbow' problem it should have allowed him to shoot and ground and pound.  He was throwing punches which would hurt a lot more than a shot.  He said he didn't want to go to the ground because of tat guys submission skills... Give me a break.

I'm thinking the Canadian is going to pull this one out and I honestly don't care who wins the light heavyweights.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »
all wrestlers are known to train fucking hard but this guy got nothing to do in mma. im starting to wonder if deafness is his only disability. he cant submit, he cant strike, he cant throw a kick if his life depended on it and he can't ground and pound either.
and the tattoo guy was obviously picked to be on the show because of his looks, without the tattoos he wouldnt even be there. most of the times he seemed to have his eyes closed so it was the blind fighting the deaf. and 2,5 years of submissiontraining at age 34, that's nothing. you'll end up against people that done it for 25 years.

REMINDS ME OF LAST SEASON,,HUGHES BOY ,WAS THERE PREACHING HOW "YOU HAVE TO HAVE HEART, AND YOU HAVE TO WANT TO WIN",,,THEN,,, HE GOT IN THERE AGAINST RASHAAD AN GOT HIS AS WHOOPED SOMETHING SAVAGE! lol 

HE WAS SO TIRED, HE ACTUALLY GAVE UP AND TURNED HIS BACK ON RASSHAAD!  HUGHES WAS FURIOUS !

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 11:51:10 AM »
what did they say the reason is why he couldnt come back?
grundle has no sack,

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 02:55:51 PM »
what did they say the reason is why he couldnt come back?

all I heard was it was extreme fatigue and his arm was giving him problems

dana said "he's pretty messed up" !