Author Topic: Fasting for a week? Crazy?  (Read 6535 times)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Re: Fasting for a week? Crazy?
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2006, 10:15:41 AM »
Fasting is st00pid!

If you insist on being st00pid anyway, at least go with a "modified protein-sparing fast" (i.e., eat(or drink) protein), or be prepared to lose a TON of muscle.

I agree. Fasting has no place for someone who wants to put on or maintain muscle. It also has no place for the healthy person.

I was referring to fasting in the medical sense for the sick. There is scientific literature on fasting to eliminate fever, inflammation, infection and other symptoms from the inside out.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 10:20:09 AM »
May I ask why?

I was cut short of funds back in my college days. I had too much pride (and not enough brains) to ask for money. Lost close to 20 lbs. :(

Santa Claus

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 10:33:38 AM »
Goddamn bible people. I don't have words. That is the most stupid and unnecessary I have ever heard.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2006, 10:37:04 AM »
Goddamn bible people. I don't have words. That is the most stupid and unnecessary I have ever heard.

I have to agree, if you're not doing it for medical reasons then it's just pointless.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2006, 11:37:01 AM »
it gets you sliced and diced
Get Big, or Die Trying

jameswdmb

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2006, 04:50:16 PM »
did you know that cancer begins in your colon? all sorts of illnesses begin in your colon. flushing your body out has alot of medical benefits....quit attacking my beliefs and consider it for a minute...the second you found out i was doing it for religious reasons you had a major issue with it...your disbelief is your right, and my reasoning is my right. if i wanted your religious opinion i would of posted this on a bible website not get big!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2006, 04:53:12 PM »
I just fasted.  I ate a Big Mac in less than 1 1/2 minutes.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2006, 05:03:20 PM »
The crazy thing about muscle is, if you work out it grows back again!!!

So go ahead and fast if that's your thing.  So what if you lose some muscle.  Some of you go on like "muscle suicide" is akin to dying or something, sheesh. ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2006, 05:10:30 PM »
Can't recall the specific muscle mag, but I believe about a year ago an issue came out where one of the authors went on a supervised fast under the guidance of a doctor that studies the effects of starvation on the body. What I took away from the article is there is absolutley no benefit, and plenty of ill effects of fasting. 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2006, 05:11:41 PM »
The crazy thing about muscle is, if you work out it grows back again!!!

So go ahead and fast if that's your thing.  So what if you lose some muscle.  Some of you go on like "muscle suicide" is akin to dying or something, sheesh. ::)

Ghandi still had big muscles and he was always fasting.
E

jameswdmb

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2006, 05:27:10 PM »
thanks dan-o

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »
Being religous is one thing James,I can respesct that but I`m sure baby jesus dosent want you to fuckong starve yourself just for him.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2006, 06:22:34 PM »
They say fasting brings your soul to a more alert level. Thats what I was told, that you become more aware spiritually.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2006, 07:29:56 PM »
They say fasting brings your soul to a more alert level. Thats what I was told, that you become more aware spiritually.

Quote from: New Testament, Matthew 17:14-21
14 ¶ And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,

15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.

16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.

17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?

20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

From a purely bodybuilding standpoint maybe fasting could be considered kind of pointless but there's more to life than bodybuilding!

Anyway, guys like Bill Pearl and Andreas Cahling (just to name two off the top of my head) believed that fasting from time to time was beneficial to cleanse and recharge the body.

Anabolic Outlaw

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »
Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;

That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

- Matthew 6:16-18 (KJV)

www.musclemissions.org

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 07:44:43 PM »
did you know that cancer begins in your colon? all sorts of illnesses begin in your colon. flushing your body out has alot of medical benefits....quit attacking my beliefs and consider it for a minute...the second you found out i was doing it for religious reasons you had a major issue with it...your disbelief is your right, and my reasoning is my right. if i wanted your religious opinion i would of posted this on a bible website not get big!

some of these guys are clueless...Someone should ask Tom Prince to get on here and talk about flushes and/or fasting and what it does to help rid your body of toxins...Some of these guys here think they are doing something for their body by using 2 grams of gear and using a on over the counter vitamin to protect their liver...Like ALA while blasting 1500mgs of test is going to do a damn thing...They believe half the sh t from people who are selling these things....

what they need to do is have a long talk to cancer patients and or guys like Prince (although he probably won't say much) ...And for guys saying that fasting should be done only for medical reasons, c'on its all about prevention esp. if your putting stress on the body with large amounts of protein/hormones and esp. creatine..

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2006, 07:57:30 PM »
here's what i did in college:

150 hours of no sleep:
33 genuflects (lunges) and 33 push ups every 33 minutes for 6 days straight.
meals: 3 fruit cocktails a day, 3 cups of water a day.

went in at 210 on sunday night.  saturday morning, weighed 190 and was pissing brown.  it was at the beginning of august, so it was hot and humid, with no a/c of course.
Deep Tissue Massage

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2006, 08:12:44 PM »
here's what i did in college:

150 hours of no sleep:
33 genuflects (lunges) and 33 push ups every 33 minutes for 6 days straight.
meals: 3 fruit cocktails a day, 3 cups of water a day.

went in at 210 on sunday night.  saturday morning, weighed 190 and was pissing brown.  it was at the beginning of august, so it was hot and humid, with no a/c of course.

damn thats crazy...