Author Topic: How to "Heat the Solution"  (Read 1445 times)

civello_06

• Getbig II
How to "Heat the Solution"
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:48:44 PM »
A few weeks back i posted saying i was having trouble with my 22 g needle cloging when i would shoot 1cc of test suspension.i was told to heat the solution.my suspension is in a 10 ml bottle.my questions are-
-do i heat the solution while it is still inside the bottle or after i have it in the syringe
-how do i heat the solution?I have never had to do this b4 and dont have a clue how
-how long do i heat it and at what temp.?
-obviously suspension has 2 b shaken up in order 2 b put in2 suspension.if i shake it up after i heat it will this affect it negatively?

please hit me back

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
Re: How to "Heat the Solution"
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 07:02:58 PM »
Draw it up and then throw the pin in a bowl or cup of warm water for a min or so
U

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:40:01 PM »
Draw it up and then throw the pin in a bowl or cup of warm water for a min or so

You don't mean put the entire syringe in warm water do you??  I really hope not.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 07:47:25 PM »
Yah, why not? Draw it up with your 20ga throw it in for a min, switch needles to a 23 or 25 and pump away
U

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 08:19:17 PM »
Maybe OK if you do swicth needles, you should be more specific in your original post.  Still dont like the idea much, warm water would be full of bacteria.  I like to keep that as far away from the syringe as possible.

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 08:22:56 PM »
WTF that is so stupid!!!! you do that your gonna get moisture in the whole thing and its gonna hurt like a bitch.

put the whole bottle in about 3/4 cup of hot water do not cover the whole bottle.
or you can just run it under hot tap water.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 07:40:14 AM »
Exactly, like ZEEK said.. just run the syringe (not the needle) under a tap of hot water for 30 seconds, make sure the pin is facing up (towards the ceiling) and CAPPED so you don't get any water near it.

Good Luck

civello_06

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
wait a minute zeek said to put the 10 ml bottle in warm water, not the syringe. i agree with the fact the puting the syringe in warm water could attract bacteria.so is this correct?it sound accurate. put the 10 ml bottle in warm water for 10 to 15 seconds?correct?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 03:39:57 PM »
My bad, that's the technique me and my friends have always used, works fine, as long as the cap is on the needle. Your method doesn't work as well because by the time you transfer the oil from the bottle to the syringe it will have reverted to it's viscous state, the way I do it you're literally ready to take  the shot seconds after you pull it out from under the tap. But to each their own :)