Author Topic: High School Bench Press Packs In The Gym!  (Read 18457 times)

txhulk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
I'll have to agrre with sarcasm's view  :'(

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: High School Bench Press Packs In The Gym!
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2006, 04:07:13 AM »
I had a HS bench press pack in the gym.  They were doing 225 and then went to 315 and did it once with a spot.  They were football players.  They were kind of acting like they were the thing in gym.  So I told them to leave the weight on when they were done.  They were watching me I could see in the mirror.  I warmed up with the 315.  I did it for 6 the first set then 8 after that with 5 to 10 second pauses for each rep.  The manager loves it when I do that.  It put the young lads in their place

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2006, 05:23:04 AM »
Yeah my gym is full of these idiots right now, I guess cause schools out and they gotta get buff for the summer.  Most of them are skinny, wearing wife beaters, and acting all big.  They come in packs and act like fools talking loud hanging on machines, trying to lift way too much weight.  This tooth pick was doing cable side laterals with like 40lbs (about 25lbs more than he should have) and it looked like he was combonation row and press.  I just shook my head.

Do respect the kids that keep quite and train responsibally in the right fashion but they are few.  Sarcassm is right on with this thread......its monster true!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2006, 05:55:49 AM »
most of us were like that when we were younger - I just laugh it off

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2006, 06:08:50 AM »
I had a HS bench press pack in the gym.  They were doing 225 and then went to 315 and did it once with a spot.  They were football players.  They were kind of acting like they were the thing in gym.  So I told them to leave the weight on when they were done.  They were watching me I could see in the mirror.  I warmed up with the 315.  I did it for 6 the first set then 8 after that with 5 to 10 second pauses for each rep.  The manager loves it when I do that.  It put the young lads in their place

Sweeet!!   That's exactly my approach.....I always get em on curls.....they'll drop the 90lb dbs they'd be screamin with for sets of db bp and I ask if I can work in and use the dbs for sets of curls......it's always fun when I watch a group of "guys" sulk away in my peripheral vision AHAHAHAAH!!!   Classic pwnage Onlyme!!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2006, 06:47:02 AM »
That's why you are a Squad member Man of Steel, crucifying skills at his finest.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2006, 06:59:15 AM »
That's why you are a Squad member Man of Steel, crucifying skills at his finest.

Yes Mars MOS truly is a a master of tiny tit destruction

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2006, 07:17:23 AM »

LOL, I know what you're saying. I saw a bunch of 11th and 12th graders 2 months ago, they were maxing out all the way to 375lbs, I was watching them, until I step in and slam 405lbs off my chest, and then they all try to asked me for advice
Get Big, or Die Trying

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2006, 07:18:06 AM »
Yes Mars MOS truly is a a master of tiny tit destruction

Offcourse counts that for you too Bossa.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
shut the f**k up, i'm not watching anyone but if you tell me you don't notice shit between heavy sets of squats when your senses are heightened then you're lying your ass off, don't even try to tell me you're one of these psychos who just stares at the floor between sets, those are the weird motherf.uckers.

Is sarcasm melting down? :-\

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
Does that aid with greater negative resistance......gravity and/or negative reps past failure always did the job for me.

I have a set up like that in my gym, except we use 2 70lb. 5' chains.  The higher you  go, the heaver the lift and as you lower it, it get lighter.  Easy to put together and makes chest day more productive.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2006, 09:47:58 AM »

Is sarcasm melting down? :-\

Like myself, Sarcasm never melts......he only owns.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2006, 09:49:18 AM »

As always, thank you Mars,  you are a highly valued member of Getbig and even more highly valued member and cofounder of the Squad.......we applaud your success at destroying the whiny twunts of this board!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2006, 12:12:22 PM »
Yea I like doing stuff like this now cause even though my shoulders are still very wide and my arms are big I have this huge gut still, so i think people who don't know me or have seen me before think I am just some fat old guy who is just in their wasting time.  So now that I am getting my strength back I am enjoying showing people I am not just fat but at least strong.  I am back doing seated front presses with 315 so my shoulders are getting their strength back to.  I'll be training with David Paul next week so hopefully I can put up a couple pics.  I just have to make sure no gut shots.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2006, 12:13:52 PM »
Like myself, Sarcasm never melts......he only owns.

I don't know about that; I've seen you melt a couple of times ;D

FatGuy

• Getbig II
  • Man these weights are heavy!!!
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2006, 12:17:47 PM »
I have a "Today in the Gym.." story...This guy probably about 5'8 looks like a swimmer was working back...He was doing pull downs on this weird little plate loaded machine we have. After, each set he would let the wieght slam down and then walk around the gym like a lion in a cage sing out loud whatever sound was on his Ipod.....I thought WWSC...(What Would Sarcasm Do?)  ??? LOL  then I laugh to my self and continued working out....Hahahah... ::)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2006, 12:19:08 PM »
I have a "Today in the Gym.." story...This guy probably about 5'8 looks like a swimmer was working back...He was doing pull downs on this weird little plate loaded machine we have. After, each set he would let the wieght slam down and then walk around the gym like a lion in a cage sing out loud whatever sound was on his Ipod.....I thought WWSC...(What Would Sarcasm Do?)  ??? LOL  then I laugh to my self and continued working out....Hahahah... ::)

What kind of music was he listening to? ;D

FatGuy

• Getbig II
  • Man these weights are heavy!!!
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2006, 12:22:27 PM »
I don't know I could make out what he was saying....

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2006, 12:25:22 PM »
Offcourse counts that for you too Bossa.

Funny use of English.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2006, 12:29:37 PM »
I don't know I could make out what he was saying....

Maybe it was J-Pop! ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2006, 12:32:36 PM »

I don't know about that; I've seen you melt a couple of times ;D

That was in your wife's mouth....not her hands, right? hahahaha

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2006, 12:33:05 PM »
We train for wheels and guns

Yep this look like the guys that would be a highschool bench press pack. db2431 and his "Fast and Furious" posse!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
I have a set up like that in my gym, except we use 2 70lb. 5' chains.  The higher you  go, the heaver the lift and as you lower it, it get lighter.  Easy to put together and makes chest day more productive.

I've only seen that done a couple of times and wondered what they were doing..I kind of figured it out but never tried it..sounds like it's logical..
nasser=piece of shit

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2006, 01:00:57 PM »
That was in your wife's mouth....not her hands, right? hahahaha

I wish I had a wife or girlfriend :-\. I haven't had sex in over two years :-[

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2006, 01:17:14 PM »

I wish I had a wife or girlfriend :-\. I haven't had sex in over two years :-[

Good lawd, man!  Where do you live, Antarctica?