Author Topic: Good Ol' Flex Wheeler  (Read 7944 times)

BallzDeep69

Re: Good Ol' Flex Wheeler
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 10:35:11 AM »
Flex never believed in himself, or should I say Kenneth never believed in himself. All that swagger and cockiness (Flex) was just a cover.

People used to be awed at Flex, said he was all genetics, no hard work, and to some extent I think he was awed at himself as well.

In that interview with Flex in a not too old issue of MD they ask him what he thinks now about how he used to look and he said.  "I...I can't believe I looked like that!" 
I think he was amazed at his own genetics.

Crazykid909

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 05:46:25 PM »
Flex looks amazing. Great proportion and size. His rear double bicep shot is insane.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 08:53:38 PM »
Flex never believed in himself, or should I say Kenneth never believed in himself. All that swagger and cockiness (Flex) was just a cover.

People used to be awed at Flex, said he was all genetics, no hard work, and to some extent I think he was awed at himself as well.

This post is 100% on point. If you really got to know him...all that asshole shit was just a cover for a really insecure guy.

Oh and I love his posing routine.  :P   The guy was incredible.  People could learn a thing or two.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 09:52:51 PM »
True that.  Cockiness and bodybuilding go hand-in hand, regardless if you think it's because of insecurity or not.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 12:51:01 PM »
This post is 100% on point. If you really got to know him...all that asshole shit was just a cover for a really insecure guy.

Oh and I love his posing routine.  :P   The guy was incredible.  People could learn a thing or two.

If you see his first two videos, you see an evolution of his cockiness. In "Hardbody", you can toss it up to him being young, but in "Mass Construction", it is over the top. "Go get your mother permission", WTF,   One would think he would be more humble after breaking his neck in two places. But the people around him hype him up to God status, like one of his training partners was like, "how big are those arms Rob, 25's?"

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 12:57:50 AM »
1993 version so much better, his delts look like balloons in 99.

Agreed, also he moved more gracefully other years. This time he moved like he had white mans desease.   
and keep moving!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 05:15:14 PM »
Agreed, also he moved more gracefully other years. This time he moved like he had white mans desease.   

It probalby could have been all the oil in his delts and arms...too much lubrication