Author Topic: PRO BBs are overated...  (Read 5838 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
PRO BBs are overated...
« on: June 06, 2006, 08:40:26 AM »
Why is it that most PROS, past and current, think that because they take/took steroids, lifted some wieghts and compete in shows think that they are doing BB Fans a service by coming on the boards (here and other boards) and by them giving us the chance to speak/communicate with them like , they are doing us a favor which we need to be soooo grateful for ?? Outside of Arnold, Dorian, Lee Haney and Ronnie Coleman...who do the others think they are ?? celebrities ?? good people ? I think thier egos are getting bigger than the musclesand im not tryin to hate on anyone , but dont put a gold ribbon on a peace of shit and tell me its great fertilizer.
L

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: PRO BBs are overated...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:45:41 AM »
i respect the amaturs alot more,guys like vinnie and rhino always seem humble to me and joke around with us like one of the guys,thats cool imo.some pros do act as though the world revolves around them,the truth is except for us hardcore fans the general public would recognize a guy from the yankees or a nba basketball player alot quicker then they would ronnie or dexter
R

Stavios

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 08:46:02 AM »
Well at first I would say that they are really knowledgeable  and could give some good advices but they don't.

When pros come to the boards it is mostly for promotion.

The exeption is Shawn Ray, who always take the time to give solid training advice for the getbig people.
He isn't the type of guy who would refer you to one of his video instead of just answering the question

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 08:47:15 AM »
Well at first I would say that they are really knowledgeable  and could give some good advices but they don't.

The exeption is Shawn Ray, who always take the time to give solid training advice for the getbig people.
He isn't the time of guy who would refer you to one of his video instead of just answering the question
what are you talking about i've never seen Shawn give advice once to anyone.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 08:47:43 AM »
what are you talking about i've never seen Shawn give advice once to anyone.

I was being sarcastic  ;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 08:50:42 AM »

It seems like the fitness and figure competitors do it every once in a while too.

Every few weeks or so there'll be a thread designed to get people to visit someone's website.

Stavios

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 08:53:58 AM »
Example of somebody asking Shawn a question:

Hey Shawn, what do you think about doing cardio after a legs workout ?

Shawn:

You will find the answer to your question in Shawn Ray - Final Countdown. yo !

enjoy

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 02:03:50 PM »
Narcissism plain & simple.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 02:05:44 PM »
 Many of the people come to this site just to flame pros. Obviously the activities of the pros on this site are important to them.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 02:09:32 PM »
Many of the people come to this site just to flame pros. Obviously the activities of the pros on this iste are important to them.

yeah it makes you wonder if the pros are so unimportant to them why are they here and why do they care?

E
E

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 02:10:43 PM »
Many of the people come to this site just to flame pros. Obviously the activities of the pros on this iste are important to them.
I never flamed on any pro who didn't look like crap or said dumb things. Are suppose to adhere to their moronic statements ? I mean cmon they are already breaking the law in the US by possession dangerous controlled substances, if thats not an example of their lack of piety then what is ?
L

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 02:10:52 PM »
if you talk to him nice, he might
Get Big, or Die Trying

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 02:11:26 PM »
yeah it makes you wonder if the pros are so unimportant to them why are they here and why do they care?

E

I think that is the irony of the situation. If they are are obsessed with the the pros, no matter how many times they feel that they have "owned" a pro, the pro still owns them :-\

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 02:11:42 PM »

E
Maybe the pros we do care about arent BOB, KING, MILOS and LUKE ....
And we come here for information about a hobby. Uh duh!! :-\
L

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 02:14:48 PM »
Maybe the pros we do care about arent BOB, KING, MILOS and LUKE ....
And we come here for information about a hobby. Uh duh!! :-\

this section has nothing to do with bodybuilding as a hobby, gossip and opinions is all about the pro bodybuilding scene

E
E

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 02:16:46 PM »
this section has nothing to do with bodybuilding as a hobby, gossip and opinions is all about the pro bodybuilding scene

E

Great point, Earl1972! I think MuscleMayhem has a great section where the pros hand out training advice.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 02:23:50 PM »
I was being sarcastic  ;D

brutal irony

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 02:25:46 PM »
Why is it that most PROS, past and current, think that because they take/took steroids, lifted some wieghts and compete in shows think that they are doing BB Fans a service by coming on the boards (here and other boards) and by them giving us the chance to speak/communicate with them like , they are doing us a favor which we need to be soooo grateful for ?? Outside of Arnold, Dorian, Lee Haney and Ronnie Coleman...who do the others think they are ?? celebrities ?? good people ? I think thier egos are getting bigger than the musclesand im not tryin to hate on anyone , but dont put a gold ribbon on a peace of shit and tell me its great fertilizer.

Last time I put up this very thread, it was deleted. Good luck with yours.
HAHA, RON.....

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 02:27:08 PM »
Last time I put up this very thread, it was deleted. Good luck with yours.

because you're a bulge spotting schmoe :P

E
E

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 03:11:43 PM »
Example of somebody asking Shawn a question:

Hey Shawn, what do you think about doing cardio after a legs workout ?

Shawn:

You will find the answer to your question in Shawn Ray - Final Countdown. yo !

enjoy

YO! Classic.
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 03:21:56 PM »
because you're a bulge spotting schmoe :P

E

Go inventory your pee stained undewear collection, schmoe............
HAHA, RON.....

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 03:43:50 PM »
I don't understand the mentality of you tards. Its fantastic that guys like King, Rhino and Chick come on here. The free falling, kaliedescopic, epic and sometimes sensational m.eltdowns are unmissable entertainment. If all you had was Sarcasm calling people gay you'd soon complain. Now compare the above mentioned pros to a boring cunnt like Cutler. His appearance on getbig was a total letdown - and everybody knows it. King, Chick and Rhino are interesting guys. Long may they reign!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2006, 09:55:49 PM »
Go inventory your pee stained undewear collection, schmoe............

meltdown...

E
E

castor troy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 02:21:14 AM »
I think this thread is great!

I have posted the following statement before, and I am posting it again.

I want to add that alot of bodybuilding pros on here ignore the questions and statements made by people who genuinely care about this sport.  Sometimes the pros just dismiss the questions that seem relevant to bodybuilding and instead they respond to the negative ones.  In this sense the pros are giving in to the "attention-craving, negative" members of the board. It becomes a positive feedback mechanism in which the negative remarks generate more responses and seem more important. If attention is only given to the positive statements or thought-out questions about bodybuilding and none at all to the negative ones, then the pros will start seeing what they want to see for a bodybuilding internet board. 

I think negative comments are great.  I am not in favor of anysides.  I think it is entertaining to read multiple opinions.  However, I am just saying how getbig.com forum functions based on my observations.

I agree with alot of the posts on this thread.

Another thing I find very disrespectful on this board is when pro bodybuilders ask members here to post a picture of themselves when the pros are offended by the members' OPINIONS.  Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and can certainly express them freely if they give sound explanations to their opinion. Does a person have to be a pro basketball player in order to criticize certain moves or certain plays made by vince carter or michael jordan in slam dunk competitons? How about figure skating or music or art? How about wrestling?  However, I also find it disrespectful that certain members boast about their physiques and strength when they do not back up what they say with evidence.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 02:45:26 AM »
bodybuilding is not a sport.... it's a fashion show... where you show your body