Author Topic: How Good Is Tribulus?  (Read 7603 times)

adadrian

• Getbig II
How Good Is Tribulus?
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:06:42 AM »
well i just got  "e. longifolia jack Andro Fuel and tribulus forumla"

and its my first time using it i'll start a 4 week or so cycle next week, i was wondering (for a natural body builder)
how good is it? will i see dramatic improvements or what?

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
Re: How Good Is Tribulus?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 07:45:28 AM »
You might get more horny but I don't think its going to add significantly in muscle growth. Protein, glutamine etc: will definately aid in this. Ive used tribulus during an as cycle and it does act somewhat as a pct.  Longjack root if thats what your using is similar to tribulus but more direcltly influences penile health.  Do a search on the web for Longjack root its pretty interesting in what its actually used for.

Tribulus became a hot item ever since the removed the pro hormones from the shelves.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:12:12 PM »
Long Jack, specifically Eurycoma 1500 has always given me great results.  Great addition to a PCT cause it gets your libido going almost instantly.  Much stronger than any tribulus that's for sure.  Also it does improve my mood, and tribulus does not.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 04:20:18 PM »
Not very good from the research I've seen:

"In one of the few well-controlled studies to examine the effects of tribulus terrestris on body composition and exercise performance looked at 15 resistance-trained males. Subjects received either a placebo or a large dose of tribulus (1.5mg per pound of body weight per day for 2 months). Results showed no changes in body weight, percentage fat, total muscle mass or muscle strength related to tribulus supplementation."

citing 1. Antonio J, Uelmen J, Rodriguez R, Earnest C. The effects of Tribulus terrestris on body composition and exercise performance in resistance-trained males. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2000 Jun;10(2):208-15. 2.

http://www.supplementwatch.com/suplib/supplement.asp?DocId=1263

mombasa3

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 12:11:28 PM »
I've cycled it a few times over the years, using different brands and I still think its a waste of money.  I get a better workout by simply eating another meal or two throughout the day.  Nothing glamorous.  Good luck.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 01:23:34 PM »
Spend that money on FOOD.

8)

ronian

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 02:17:41 PM »
Most of the studies that I have reports on have found that trib doesn't do anything, however, there are a lot of people who seem to "feel" like it works (placebo?) so I would say if you have the extra $$ give it a whirl but don't expect much if anything.

adadrian

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 08:45:49 PM »
i spent like 100 dollars on a bottle,,,,for like one 4-5 week cycle....rediclious

Exal

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 07:23:58 AM »
Start eating broccoli for the anti estrogen effect it's wayyy better than tribulus

mombasa3

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 03:36:34 PM »
I would have preferred to spend $100 on chicken breasts.  But, over the years I've spent WAAAY more on worthless supp's than I should have and it would be a safe bet that most people here have done the same.  What's really cool is that we have a place to discuss this kind of thing with other like minded lifters and get their input.  Good luck in the future.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 07:17:44 PM »
It's not gonna pack on pounds of muscle, it's a libido enhancer... Duh.

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 10:20:27 PM »
I seem to respond very well to trib.  I know many people do not get the best results with this herb, I guess I just happen to respond better than most.  For what it is worth I have always gotten better results with the trib that is not dirt cheap, I always did well on Tribestan(2 tabs 3 x a day), Vitrix(2 tabs 3 x a day), N1-T(followed label).  I also should point out that the second 2 are formulas with other ingredients but still are comprised mainly of trib.  I always used these products as PCT for various "designer supps."  Adadarian I did use some of the product you have from Twinlab and found it was alright but I like the three I mentioned better.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 10:43:41 PM »
Of course you'll respond well to trib if you're comming off prohormones, your test levels are at girly levels by then.  I think Viraloid is the most powerful natrual booster Ive used.  Eurycoma 1500 gives me the most overall sense of well being.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 11:36:36 PM »
why do so-called natural guys always look for the closest thing to steroid like results in there products

Crazykid909

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 06:58:27 PM »
 I know some people will use it after a cycle of a prohormone like 1-ad. It does help slightly raise natural testoterone levels, and get it back to normal after using a prohormone. But using just tribulus is not enough to get results

BallzDeep69

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 10:37:06 AM »
^ True dat.  Unless you are 40+.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 12:40:37 PM »
i tried trib 750 for 2 months... i noticed no effects

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 07:04:23 PM »
i was thinking about getting some trib, but look slike i will hold off

adadrian

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 02:48:07 AM »
my mate used it and said he gained 5 kg on a 4 week cycle

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 12:54:38 PM »
I've been using Tribulus for about three months, from Ultimate Nutrition. It's certainly been a help to me.

The way I use it is I combine 1500 mg (two pills) of Trib with 1000 mg (two pills) of GNC Acetyl-L-Carnitine and 1000 mg (two pills) of Vitamin C.

This is similar to the formula for Acetabolan-II from MuscleTech. I used Acetabolan several years ago and I liked the results I got from it (though at the time, it was the original formula which did not have Tribulus).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 01:18:18 PM »
i spent like 100 dollars on a bottle,,,,for like one 4-5 week cycle....rediclious

OUCH!!! Ultimate Nutrition's Tribulus product usually costs $21-$25 at GNC, though I've puchased it for as low as $16, with my Gold Card.

A standard bottle has 90 capsules, each of which has 750 mg of Tribulus Terrestris. Since I use two capsules, four times a week (on the days I train), a bottle will last me for quite a while.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 01:34:48 AM »
I've been using Tribulus for about three months, from Ultimate Nutrition. It's certainly been a help to me.

The way I use it is I combine 1500 mg (two pills) of Trib with 1000 mg (two pills) of GNC Acetyl-L-Carnitine and 1000 mg (two pills) of Vitamin C.

This is similar to the formula for Acetabolan-II from MuscleTech. I used Acetabolan several years ago and I liked the results I got from it (though at the time, it was the original formula which did not have Tribulus).

How do you know the tribulus did anything?  I have the same ones and they never did much for me.  Though I'm 21 and my test levels are already way over 1000ng/dl...

How old are you?  That will influence how well you respond to a natrual test booster.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 06:23:35 PM »
OUCH!!! Ultimate Nutrition's Tribulus product usually costs $21-$25 at GNC, though I've puchased it for as low as $16, with my Gold Card.

A standard bottle has 90 capsules, each of which has 750 mg of Tribulus Terrestris. Since I use two capsules, four times a week (on the days I train), a bottle will last me for quite a while.
tribuplex750 by mrm. as most bb'ers like to do, i took more than the recommended dose. spread out 1-15 caps thru the day. 5-6 of em before training. gives me the animal feeling.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 01:23:41 AM »

How do you know the tribulus did anything?  I have the same ones and they never did much for me.  Though I'm 21 and my test levels are already way over 1000ng/dl...

How old are you?  That will influence how well you respond to a natrual test booster.

I've used that same Trib product before, without the ALC. And, it worked fairly well. I've also used an ALC product without Trib (i.e the original Acetabolan), I know how it works as well. So, I thought combining the two would work even better. As expected, it did. I can train longer and heavier, do more sets, and (most importantly) RECOVER.

As for my age, I just turned 33. I thought no one under age 24 was supposed to be taking Tribulus. I forgot where I read that. Was it on the label of a particular Trib product or an article in a magazine?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 01:29:25 AM »
tribuplex750 by mrm. as most bb'ers like to do, i took more than the recommended dose. spread out 1-15 caps thru the day. 5-6 of em before training. gives me the animal feeling.

As stated earlier, I only take 2 capsules (1500 mg) on the 4 days a week that I train, 1-1.5 hours before hitting the weights.