Author Topic: Getbig is addicting as hell.  (Read 8713 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Getbig is addicting as hell.
« on: June 07, 2006, 08:51:35 AM »
Anyone else find that they're getting addicted to this place?

I've been a member for a little over a year and I lurked for about 6 months before I joined.

I used to post occasionally and visit the site sporadically but lately this place has been great.

The entertainment value is pretty high. If you're in front of a computer for any length of time this is a great way to help that time pass more quickly.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: Getbig is addicting as hell.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 08:55:41 AM »
i find that to increase your Getbig high ,step away for three days and come back !!
Alexxx used his high up , too soon, now he is away since June 1 ...waiting to inhale that ish once again to get the high back!!
L

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 08:56:37 AM »
I love Getbig. I could talk about bodybuilding all day every day but most of my friends don't know anything about the sport other than what I force them to watch or listen to. Here I can talk to people who know more than I do.

I also like how this place actually has personality, unlike MuscleMayhem and its horrible format and boring yes-men. Plus, even if you meltdown with someone on Getbig, you just patch it up and move on. Debates get heated, but we're all pretty much friends here.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 08:57:54 AM »
I love Getbig. I could talk about bodybuilding all day every day but most of my friends don't know anything about the sport other than what I force them to watch or listen to. Here I can talk to people who know more than I do.

I also like how this place actually has personality, unlike MuscleMayhem and its horrible format and boring yes-men. Plus, even if you meltdown with someone on Getbig, you just patch it up and move on. Debates get heated, but we're all pretty much friends here.

Is Mayhem as bad as everyone says?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »
Yes
Mayhem is about stroking egos...
Ironage is all about living in the past..
L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 09:00:25 AM »
I do enjoy the pungent odor of gay-panic exuded by sarcasm and the other posters who feel that the best defense against imaginary accusations of "Why are you interested in muscular men wearing skimpy posing trunks?" is a good offense.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 09:01:43 AM »
Yes
Mayhem is about stroking egos...
Ironage is all about living in the past..

Sounds boring as hell. Nothing more boring than having a conversation with someone that agrees with everything you say.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 09:03:46 AM »
all the freedom makes getbig, the most popular in my world. where else would you talk all day with fans and nonfans of BB and still laugh your ss off. if you're on this site, that's mean you have some sort of interest in bodybuilding
Get Big, or Die Trying

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 09:08:47 AM »
GET-BIG is worse than drugs!

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 09:09:53 AM »

hey fuck you you worthless assclown....still friends right...:)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 09:11:07 AM »

Same here......... I make my friends hear about whats goin on in BBing but they don't ever really understand, they watched some olympias and asc's with me but they only remember people like Lee priest, Ronnie or Ruhl cause they stand out. It also sucks though cause none of my friends lift or eat well either, i am all about lifting, eating good, being active BBing and they like Fishing, Poker, Fast food and cigarettes, it's like i gotta force them to throw the football or be active. If it wasn't for this site i would i don't know what i would do, i would have no one to talk with when it comes to any of my BBing interest or weightlifting.
I

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 09:38:16 AM »
it's better than cardio.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 09:39:57 AM »
it's better than cardio.

The list of things that are better than cardio is long and storied.

Defacating with a new copy of Car & Driver is right at the top.

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 09:48:16 AM »
Mayhem is definately all about ego stroking and "muscle worship" and there's rarely a new thread now a days.  Get Big is full of hilarious antics and innuendo, definately more bang for the buck, so to speak.  If you're gonna piss your time away at work, home,whatever, on bodybuilding board then getbig is second to none.  If you're easily offended and hurt that someone owned you, then perhaps Mayhem, BB Dungeon, Iron Age,et. al. are for you, good luck staying awake though.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 09:51:46 AM »
I checked out Muscle Mayhem after it was mentioned here. Maybe it's just my tired old eyes, but I could barely read the damn thing. So the layout is infinitely better here - but I can't compare the content.  ;)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 09:56:42 AM »

Same here......... I make my friends hear about whats goin on in BBing but they don't ever really understand, they watched some olympias and asc's with me but they only remember people like Lee priest, Ronnie or Ruhl cause they stand out. It also sucks though cause none of my friends lift or eat well either, i am all about lifting, eating good, being active BBing and they like Fishing, Poker, Fast food and cigarettes, it's like i gotta force them to throw the football or be active. If it wasn't for this site i would i don't know what i would do, i would have no one to talk with when it comes to any of my BBing interest or weightlifting.

I have the exact same problem....all my friends "occassionally catch a workout"  if they're off of work for an extended time, have rested for 2 weeks straight, have spent sufficient time with their significant other, have run all their errands, have finished all their chores at home, finished their degrees in school, purchased homes, consulted with a physician, completely fill their training mixes on their IPODS, talked to a fortune teller, gotten baptized, purchased and watched the entire Roots miniseries on dvd, have taken a multivitamin, have made sure that the planets were all aligned and MOST IMPORTANTLY have finally been exhausted of all bullshit reasons why they "just have too much to do to go workout".....then will they entertain a workout typically consisting of 10 miniutes on a stationary bike with zero resistance followed by 30 minutes of whining on different machines in between cellphone calls and a Carboforce.

In essence, I workout alone 99.99% of the time.

I meet folks in the gym, but typically I'm a loner....hell, weight training/bb/pl/what have you is typically a fairly lonely endeavor and it takes discipline that most folks don't have....hell, they'll never have it.   Personally, I enjoy the challenge.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 10:02:32 AM »
no.  i love visiting you shut-ins. :-*

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 10:20:10 AM »
LOL.  Getbig is like a great circus.   Everyone loves the circus. 

Especially the fat bearded lady.....sarcasm. ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 10:22:38 AM »
In essence, I workout alone 99.99% of the time.

I meet folks in the gym, but typically I'm a loner....hell, weight training/bb/pl/what have you is typically a fairly lonely endeavor and it takes discipline that most folks don't have....hell, they'll never have it.   Personally, I enjoy the challenge.
Yup, me in a nutshell. Great observation.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 10:24:35 AM »
GET-BIG is worse than drugs!
[bI have to agree with you on this.  Since I joined a little over a month ago, I check this forum everyday.  It is interesting, funny, mean, spiteful, informative, creative.....
Sandra][/b]

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 10:54:27 AM »
Sandra , why must you write in Bold letters ?? No one cares
L

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 01:01:07 PM »
Anyone else find that they're getting addicted to this place?

I've been a member for a little over a year and I lurked for about 6 months before I joined.

I used to post occasionally and visit the site sporadically but lately this place has been great.

The entertainment value is pretty high. If you're in front of a computer for any length of time this is a great way to help that time pass more quickly.

you sound like a giddy little school girl "ieffinhatecardio"

E
E

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 01:11:44 PM »
it's better than cardio.

i post on getbig... WHILE doing cardio  ;D

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 01:11:57 PM »
I checked out Muscle Mayhem after it was mentioned here. Maybe it's just my tired old eyes, but I could barely read the damn thing. So the layout is infinitely better here - but I can't compare the content.  ;)

Just following a thread on Mayhem is painful. It sure ain't user friendly.
The House that Ruth built

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 01:13:18 PM »
you sound like a giddy little school girl "ieffinhatecardio"

E

I can imagine how someone with a marathon runner's build, could have a hard time understanding why anyone over 200lbs would hate cardio. Those of us with muscle mass, do not look forward to doing it.
HAHA, RON.....