Author Topic: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Radio: King Kamali - REPLAY AVAILABLE!!!  (Read 7047 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Let's get ready to rumble - here comes the King!!! All hail the King!!!

This should be almost as good as myself being on the radio last week :)

Heads will roll! People will cringe! DVDs will start selling. Video cameras might start rolling.

Headline: Special Anniversary Show!

PBW Celebrates 1 Year anniversary with June 12th with King Kamali

The Voice of Professional Bodybuilding celebrates its one year anniversary with special guest King Kamali.  Join hosts Dan Solomon and Bob Cicherillo as they welcome back one of bodybuilding's most controversial athletes.  The show will mark the 40th broadcast as Team MuscleTech presents this special edition of Pro Bodybuilding Weekly LIVE for a worldwide audience (8pm est on Monday June 12th).  Broadcasting at www.ProBodybuildingWeekl y.com

---------------------------------------------------

Here is the press release on the one year anniversary!

The following press release was mass distributed by media wire services: Groundbreaking show embraced by bodybuilding fans worldwide.

Los Angelas, CA (PRWEB) June 6, 2006 -- Pro Bodybuilding Weekly, the first talk radio show devoted exclusively to the world of professional bodybuilding, celebrates its one-year anniversary. The weekly broadcast has quickly gained momentum by offering listeners the opportunity to hear directly from the biggest names in professional bodybuilding. Regarded as "the voice of professional bodybuilding," the popularity of the show is widely attributed to the overwhelming support it has received from nearly every bodybuilding magazine.

Muscle & Fitness Magazine's Editor-in-Chief Peter McGough explains, "Within a year, Pro Bodybuilding Weekly has established itself as a must-listen activity for any true fan. The bodybuilding knowledge and passion of hosts Dan Solomon and Bob Cicherillo drives the whole experience as they know the questions to ask and the buttons to push. The program is now a Monday night fixture."

Muscular Development Magazine Senior Editor, John Romano summed up the show's impact on the industry as follows, "I think the direction that Pro Bodybuilding Weekly is going so far has boded extremely well for our community. And, as more and more of us tune in, it becomes more powerful."

The show was also heralded by Ironman Magazine's Lonnie Teper, who recognized Solomon, the show's creator, with his annual award for "Most Creative" of 2005.

Pro Bodybuilding Weekly's growing audience also includes an impressive list of all-star bodybuilders. Jay Cutler, who appeared on an earlier broadcast, explains, "The radio show is now the best way to get the latest news and various perspectives from around the sport."

The show's worldwide popularity has captured the attention of many of the industry's corporate heavyweights. In its early stages, the program established a broadcast alliance with Bodybuilding.com, the world's number one bodybuilding cyberstore. Since its inception, advertisers have included an impressive list of industry leaders, including a major title sponsorship with supplement giant MuscleTech. Upon finalizing the agreement with the radio show, MuscleTech's Chief Marketing Officer Vince Scalisi said, "We are proud to support Pro Bodybuilding Weekly. Fans deserve high-quality broadcast programming and that's exactly what Dan Solomon and PBW is giving them."

In addition to the live Monday broadcasts (8pm est), the one-hour program is also available for "on-demand" replay and free Podcast subscription. Solomon, who also serves as the program's Executive Producer, explains, "Bodybuilding fans are located all over the world. From day one, our objective has been to make the broadcasts conveniently available to listeners on all corners of the globe. The audience statistics and the feedback have been overwhelming. We are grateful for the support we've received from fans who share our passion for the sport."

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Get ready for King Kamali on the radio: June 12th!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 04:45:10 PM »
Kamali will rock this show as hard as he rocked the New York Pro!

Wait a minute...

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:46:22 PM »
Kamali will rock this show as hard as he rocked the New York Pro!

Wait a minute...

ribonucleic are you saying that kamali will come off as a blabbering meathead?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 04:48:14 PM »
ribonucleic are you saying that kamali will come off as a blabbering meathead?

I'm saying that, having promised an impressive performance, he'll produce nothing more than his usual sorry offerings.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 04:51:47 PM »
I'm saying that, having promised an impressive performance, he'll produce nothing more than his usual sorry offerings.

The question is....what will his excuse be this time?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 04:54:02 PM »
The question is....what will his excuse be this time?

1) Stomach virus

2) Shawn Ray threatened to sue him if he "exposed the truth"

3) He's a punk-ass bee-yotch.

Take your pick.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 05:28:40 PM »
 ::)

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 06:01:30 PM »
shawn, any "pre" words about the infamous text message to D.A.S. before King pulls a Geraldo on air?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Radio: King Kamali: June 12th!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 02:32:12 AM »
Maybe its new stuff.  Thats what I was told.  Some stuff you haven't heard. 

Stavios

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 05:40:32 AM »
Maybe its new stuff.  Thats what I was told.  Some stuff you haven't heard. 

Yeah but eveybody can invent rumors too.

I could say I have a really close friend in the ifbb and I was told that dexter jackson had sexual relations with ronnie coleman.

who knows if I say the truth

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 06:16:20 AM »
Kamali should go into propaganda ...cause thats all thats left.... well that an a distended stomach. What other third teir BB gets this much attention ?? OK , other than Bob Chic .......
L

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 07:42:10 AM »
The hosts of this show should hold Kamali to account for physically threatening people who post on this board.

If they can go off on how "pencil neck losers hiding in their parents basements can write whatever they want without any consequences" then, Kamali should have to answer for threatening members.

Although we know that this question won't be answered and this post will most likely get deleted.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 07:46:45 AM »
Kamali should go into propaganda ...cause thats all thats left.... well that an a distended stomach. What other third teir BB gets this much attention ?? OK , other than Bob Chic .......

You just hit the nail on the head my friend !! If everybody stopped raggin on him, even acknowledeing him, he would get absoloutly zero publicity (or as near as damn it). I mean - seriously - with his current physique he must be on a level with people like eddie abbew and jason arntz - and look how much publicity they get!!?? I think we are playing into the guys hands !  >:(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 08:21:14 AM »
Dan,

Can you ask Kamali about the dozens of theeats he's made on the boards in the last few days?  He sent me four graphic threats, he threatened to cripple another member...

King, do you think you might take the boards a little too seriously?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 08:27:13 AM »
could it be that he is having a so called roid rage ?
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 08:28:18 AM »
Is there any way Kamali's recent escapades on this board were a PR stunt? Does he have anything to sell right now? Anything that would get more exposure from him having a giant thread on the most popular board on Getbig?

240 clearly had no role in the Kamali thread yet Kamali went after 240 the hardest, why? Could it be because he knew 240 is Getbig's most visible poster and that he would expose the messages and therefore bring more attention Kamali's way? And that attention in turn would benefit any products he's trying to sell.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 08:30:58 AM »
He is like Jamie Kennedy in Blowin Up

Dan you should read some of his post from GetBig .......

L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 08:36:12 AM »
240 clearly had no role in the Kamali thread yet Kamali went after 240 the hardest, why? Could it be because he knew 240 is Getbig's most visible poster and that he would expose the messages and therefore bring more attention Kamali's way? And that attention in turn would benefit any products he's trying to sell.

Seriously, I laughed and called 'implosion'.  That was it.  Other attacked his income, pleacing, home, family, etc.  All I did was laugh at the whole situation.  And I got 4 beatdown threats.

King, you need to get a marketing guy and get one fast.  Your sponsors read getbig- everyone does- and you may have done yourself some damage this week.   I don't know what happened recently to change you from quiet on the boards to violent threats on many, but it's probably not healthy.  Remember- it's just the internet.  In 3 days, anything that happens today will be a 'remember when...' 

Radio show should be good-  Dan, please, if you're going to give him a platfowm to disassemble shawn, ask him about the violent threats.

Stavios

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 08:48:28 AM »
King, do you think you might take the boards a little too seriously?

you should ask yourself that question

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 11:11:58 AM »
It goes both ways. I am PMed many of you and asked that the malicious bashing stop now. You all have responded favorably. Lets keep it that way. Dan is going to ask the touch questions, you can be assured of that. So will Bob. No kiss assing there. They wouldnt have it that way.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 11:49:54 AM »
Dan is going to ask the touch questions, you can be assured of that. So will Bob. No kiss assing there. They wouldnt have it that way.

No offense Ron but I'll believe that when I hear it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 12:03:47 PM »
I was told that the issues about the violent threat PMs would be discussed...

and as much as I like to fire a few salvoes at PBBW, Dan has always been honest about things with me. 

So I really do think Dan will ask.  I DO think that it would benefit the show to have Bob remain silent and LET KING ANSWER-  IMO, Bob will intervene and talk about the haters and use that time to soapbox.

Dan, I say, ask King, and deliver that pregnant pause after his first canned line.  MAKE HIM FEEL THE NEED to keep talking.  Make HIM speak on it- not Bob.  Bob will talk about how "Big gunnnzzzz5 always says this and that" and give the same speech he always does.

Challenge King to answer for it.  Hell, read a few of the lines I sent you, Dan.  "Fly across the country and bitchslap a stranger for a video camera", etc.  Ask him if he plans to cripple jaejonna for mentioning his wife.

Hold him accountable for threats!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 12:10:39 PM »
I was told that the issues about the violent threat PMs would be discussed...

and as much as I like to fire a few salvoes at PBBW, Dan has always been honest about things with me. 

So I really do think Dan will ask.  I DO think that it would benefit the show to have Bob remain silent and LET KING ANSWER-  IMO, Bob will intervene and talk about the haters and use that time to soapbox.

Dan, I say, ask King, and deliver that pregnant pause after his first canned line.  MAKE HIM FEEL THE NEED to keep talking.  Make HIM speak on it- not Bob.  Bob will talk about how "Big gunnnzzzz5 always says this and that" and give the same speech he always does.

Challenge King to answer for it.  Hell, read a few of the lines I sent you, Dan.  "Fly across the country and bitchslap a stranger for a video camera", etc.  Ask him if he plans to cripple jaejonna for mentioning his wife.

Hold him accountable for threats!

It was actually me he threatened to put in a wheel chair  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 12:12:13 PM »
It was actually me he threatened to put in a wheel chair  ;D

I would LOVE to hear King explain, with the world listening, whether 1) He really plans to fly around the country and hospitalize numerous people, or 2) he was just trying to scare people.

Either way, the answer is going to bury him.

Dan, PLEASE ask him that Q.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 12:12:38 PM »
IMO, Bob will intervene and talk about the haters and use that time to soapbox.

Bingo. Also, will Chick let Kamali divulge the secrets he promised he would?

Kamali said it would be no holds barred, will Chick let that happen?

I doubt it.