Author Topic: Jason Grimsley caught with HGH by the feds.  (Read 14242 times)

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
Re: Jason Grimsley caught with HGH by the feds.
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2006, 10:35:31 PM »
Whatever Palmeiro was taking evidently wasn't doing much. He looked like a twig. As for Sosa-he sucked with or without steroids. He actually had the nerve to claim the reason he was skinny before stemmed from a bad tooth. Paraphrasing here but he said that as soon as he got his tooth fixed he was able to eat so much more that he blew up from 160 to 220 lbs. Riiiiiight Corky. You also weren't aware that you were playing with a corked bat.

As for Bonds-well he's just a cheater. Not that he is the only one but it's hard to respect someone who not only cheats but lies about it. I think the public would have much more respect for him if A.) He wasn't an egotistical jerk and B.) He was honest about his drug use. He would have hit a lot of homeruns regardless of his drug use but the facts of the matter are he still cheated. I really don't see how someone can expect others to be in awe of them when they know deep down they didn't break any record legitimately.

As for all this nonsense about how many homeruns Bonds hit per year...Hank Aaron never hit a lot of homeruns in one season either-at least compared to some of the numbers of this era. What signals all-time homerun success is 1.) Hitting a fair amount of homeruns consistently and 2.) not getting hurt over a long career

The good thing about the sport is that there are athletes still doing it the way of the old time greats. Hard work and sacrifice. In fact, the best player in the game today is clean. I know Albert Pujol's personal trainer and I honestly believe he's never touched a steroid in his life. It's a shame that he got injured this year or he may have broken Bond's homerun record* this year naturally. I do believe when it's all said and done tho he will be the all-time homerun leader.

considering what happend to Bonds and his personal trainer, Do you really think Pujol's is gonna tell him anything......By the way in the D.Republic it was written that over 95% of all ball players were messing with performance enhancing substances....Albert Pujol's is on pace to smash Aaron's recorded if he stays healthy...The real question is like Cleman's will Pujol's be a protected player? Pujol's skin isn't light enough to be protected...So I just hope your right about him being clean or atleast stay one step ahead of the testing or we will see the same thing happen to Albert that happend to Bonds...

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2006, 09:36:50 AM »
No matter how much juice anyone takes, it still won't help the natural gift of being able to see the ball coming out of a pitchers hand and making contact. Bonds has this gift.
Juice will turn a 300ft routine fly out, into a 350ft homerun (should the ball been hit exactly the same...same parameters in other words). It will allow you to hit the ball harder.
But all of this is nothing without making contact. Ronnie Coleman might be able to hit a 600 foot homerun...but if he can't make contact it doesn't go anywhere.
Pujols natural? Yeah, and the Cubs have won the last 10 World Series due to Steinbrenners bank account. ::)

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2006, 12:33:27 PM »
Wombat,

There are a couple of things to keep in mind when it comes to Albert. 1.) Even tho born in the Dominican-he is basically a Kansas City product. All of his High School and Junior College baseball years were spent there. Some of the Dominicans have been known to take "speed" types of drugs. With Albert I would highly doubt this would be the case because none of the aspects of his game are built around speed. Just great hitting and solid defensive ability. 2.) His physique has never changed or even altered since his high school days. He's still moderately chubby unlike Bonds who went from stickboy to bloated boy within a short time period. 3.) Lastly, his numbers have always been consistent from day one. He hasn't had several years down in the dumps where he all of a sudden has a dramatic rise in homerun production unlike Bond's or even Sosa's homerun years.

As for Youngblood: Ignorance like this is the reason most pros don't like coming to this board. First off, he doesn't even know the person but makes dumb assumptions for the reasons I've already mentioned. Albert's trainer (who is the best in the business btw) has a long relationship with the player considering he was also the one who drafted him out of high school. Knowing the trainer personally I know what he stands for. He simply would never train or tolerate one of his athletes using illegal performance enhancing substances. He believes in integrity and making it to the top with mental toughness. Btw, he also trains Mike Sweeney of the Royals. This is another guy with Albert that you will never see come up positive for anything. The other aspect of Youngblood's ignorance that is so appalling is his admission that drugs would make the ball travel further but have no relationship to a player's ability to hit homeruns. He said himself that a ball would get extra feet tacked on when a juiced player made contact. Only stands to reason (regardless if a player has the "gift" of hitting the ball or not) that all of the homeruns would thus not be legitimate.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2006, 01:39:55 PM »
No matter how much juice anyone takes, it still won't help the natural gift of being able to see the ball coming out of a pitchers hand and making contact. Bonds has this gift.
Juice will turn a 300ft routine fly out, into a 350ft homerun (should the ball been hit exactly the same...same parameters in other words). It will allow you to hit the ball harder.
But all of this is nothing without making contact. Ronnie Coleman might be able to hit a 600 foot homerun...but if he can't make contact it doesn't go anywhere.
Pujols natural? Yeah, and the Cubs have won the last 10 World Series due to Steinbrenners bank account. ::)

Nobody is arguing about seeing the ball and making contact, but GH is known to help eyesight immensely. That is huge right there. Plus balls to the warning track become home runs with the added strength and bat speed from the juice. Another big advantage. Another big advantage is the endurance these drugs give you.
The House that Ruth built

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2006, 08:32:56 PM »

their have been pro ping pong players that have tested postive for steroids...Tennis players have also...Its not all about strengh...Its all about bat speed...The baseball season is a long ass season and takes its toll of the players...Without greenies(as mention by not only Canseco but also the commissiner)it would change the game...Numbers would fall sharply esp. in the second half of the season...Some people are starting to wonder about pro golf players this day in age...They are hitting the golf ball well over 300 yard...Although the technology in golf has something to do with it, some say its not just that...They are getting into weight training ect...Now they don't have to look like they even workout to improve their clubhead speed from some steroids

I guess we will all know about Pujols in about 10 years...If his numbers don't decline then for sure something is going on....This day an age it has nothing to do with what the body looks like...Players are getting smarter...They know if they put on X amount of weight from 1 season to the next, they may be a target from the media...Roger Clemans seems to get a pass from the media...He is in better shape now then he was the first 10 years of his career...That just doesn't happen...But no one says anything....Smart players like Manny Rameriez from the red sox wear his uniform so baggy that unless your into bodybuilding and have a good eye you would never know that the guy is seriously put together...

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2006, 12:32:54 PM »
It reminds me of the state of the union address from last year when Bush said we have stop steroid abuse in the professionals sports.  WTF, does that have to do with running the country?   Drug wars fail.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2006, 12:40:21 PM »
It reminds me of the state of the union address from last year when Bush said we have stop steroid abuse in the professionals sports.  WTF, does that have to do with running the country?   Drug wars fail.

Drug wars aren't designed to be won, they're designed for positive PR.

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2006, 12:45:26 PM »
I thought they were designed for revenue.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2006, 12:46:40 PM »
LMFAO @ the "Feds" tracking down HGH to a MLB pitchers house, instead of focusing on real drug dealers, destroying kids lives, selling crack, etc...this place is going down the shitter fast... Europe anyone?  :P

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2006, 03:04:34 PM »
I began competing at age 15 in 1984.  Around 18 I was one of the better built guys in all the gyms on long island, especially for my age.  I had MANY well known athletes asking me for advice and questions in refernece to using hormones.  One guy was a pitcher for the NY Mets.  If you were around the clubs in NY you would see them all and they all were using stuff.  People need to wake up.....athletes have been using stuff forever.  How anyomne can think Ben Johnson can break a world record in 84 and other athletes would just sit back and not begin to use is beyond me.  WAKE UP AMERICA. 
It's only cheating if no one else is doing it.

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2006, 12:58:23 PM »
Here is Bud Selig's "open letter to baseball fans":

Dear Baseball Fans:
Major League Baseball has had record attendance for two years running and may set another record this year. It's early, but pennant and wild-card races are competitive throughout our divisions. Baseball is enjoying a golden age of fan support and excitement. Our great game has never been more popular.

Yet, despite the good news in Baseball, there are problems. I was disappointed and angered by revelations that a Major League player had acknowledged using human growth hormone (HGH), a performance-enhancing substance banned by Major League Baseball, and had said that others were using HGH as well.

Seven-hundred-fifty great athletes play Major League Baseball. The overwhelming majority are hard-working, honorable individuals who play to win the right way. But among the seven-hundred-fifty, there have been and still are those who would cheat the game to gain an advantage. They hurt not only themselves, but they unfairly raise questions about the integrity of their teammates who play by the rules and they violate the trust placed in them by you, the fans. These players who use performing-enhancing substances offend all of us who care for the game and I will not tolerate their actions.

These individuals break the rules of baseball. But the use of steroids, human growth hormone, and other performance-enhancing drugs in this manner is also against the law. The investigative abilities of the F.B.I. are powerful and baseball players are no different than anyone else in our society. If you break the law, you put yourself at risk.

I am committed to protecting our game. The Office of Commissioner of Baseball was created nearly 86 years ago to ensure the integrity of America's pastime. I know my duty is to uphold that great tradition.

Last year Major League Baseball and its players agreed to the toughest drug testing and penalty program for steroids in all of professional sports. We are proud of what we have accomplished. We ban and test for amphetamines. And, human growth hormone is banned as well. We have cracked down and will continue to crack down on steroid users, but the use of HGH represents a threat to all sports everywhere.

Christiane Ayotte, the head of the Montreal Olympic testing lab, acknowledged this in an interview with "USA Today" last week. She said: "We know growth hormone is a problem. No sport is testing currently for HGH because (the test) is not available. If the test kit was available, it would only be effective for out-of-competition testing."

The writers of the "USA Today" story added that while there is a blood test for HGH, "...because antibodies necessary for the process are in such short supply, virtually no HGH testing is conducted. In addition, the test only detects HGH right after injection so it's impractical for in-competition testing. As a result, there never has been an HGH positive."

As Commissioner, I won't be deterred and will do everything I can to try to keep up with or even stay ahead of those who break the law and break our rules. But I suspect there will always be a few players who seek new ways to violate the rules, no matter how many we have and how often we toughen them. I also know that science can provide new ways to combat them and I will rely on our experts to keep on top of the science as it develops.

In the meantime, I want you to know that Major League Baseball is taking steps to address the issue. We are committed to funding a study of HGH and how to detect it. The study will be conducted by Dr. Don Catlin, a leading expert in the medical testing field. Also, we are willing to make additional contributions to fund other studies to determine how to detect HGH and are currently reaching out to experts in the field to ascertain what other studies can immediately begin. We invite other foundations, unions, sports and the Congress of the United States to join us in pursuing the detection and deterrence of HGH use.

The goal of Baseball is simple. It's a game that is to be won or lost on the field as a result of the natural talents of the game's remarkable athletes. I will do everything possible to make sure that this one goal can always be met.