Author Topic: 99% of women are sinning!  (Read 7510 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
99% of women are sinning!
« on: June 08, 2006, 10:51:06 PM »
Deu Chapter 22 verse 5

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, niether shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are an abomination unto the lord thy God"

Seems pretty straight forward.

Discuss

A possible point that might come up:

"Well that was then things are differnt now."  :::  so not everything applies?  HOw can you know which items in the bible do and don't apply?  If god wrote this in his omnipitence he should have forseen a change in the times....  So i'm sure he did, hence woman are sinning.  SINNERS! ;D  time for your spanking!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: 99% of women are sinning!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 11:06:11 PM »
Does it say anywhere that:

"married women shalt obstain from internet/phone sex"

Or is that considered ok now?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:06:14 AM »
Deu Chapter 22 verse 5

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, niether shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are an abomination unto the lord thy God"

well it seems that the Saudi's follow the bible!  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 06:11:30 AM »
Deu Chapter 22 verse 5

Seems pretty straight forward.

Discuss

A possible point that might come up:

"Well that was then things are differnt now."  :::  so not everything applies?  HOw can you know which items in the bible do and don't apply?  If god wrote this in his omnipitence he should have forseen a change in the times....  So i'm sure he did, hence woman are sinning.  SINNERS! ;D  time for your spanking!

I won't say, that was then, this is now.  But I will say that was the Mosaical (I think) law and I am not an orthodox Jew, I'm a Christian and so I don't have to follow the Mosaic or Levitical laws thank GOD.  I don't have to make animal sacrifices either. Shoo!

Does it say anywhere that:

"married women shalt obstain from internet/phone sex"

Or is that considered ok now?

Are you talking to that woman again BB?    :P

R

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 09:07:31 AM »
I won't say, that was then, this is now.  But I will say that was the Mosaical (I think) law and I am not an orthodox Jew, I'm a Christian and so I don't have to follow the Mosaic or Levitical laws thank GOD.  I don't have to make animal sacrifices either. Shoo!

Are you talking to that woman again BB?    :P

So even though it says "an abomination to the lord thy god"  (it doesn't say AGAINST THE LAW) you consider this a old law that you don't need to follow?  Isn't the Bible the word of God?  And he's telling you, you are disrepecting him BIG time if you do that?  So some or all those things in the OT don't apply?  Seems convienient.  Seems like we are picking a choosing.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 09:42:28 AM »
So even though it says "an abomination to the lord thy god"  (it doesn't say AGAINST THE LAW) you consider this a old law that you don't need to follow?  Isn't the Bible the word of God?  And he's telling you, you are disrepecting him BIG time if you do that?  So some or all those things in the OT don't apply?  Seems convienient.  Seems like we are picking a choosing.

No, I'm saying that law doesn't apply to me since I am not Jewish.

But for those to whom it does apply, perhaps the meaning is more in the clothing specifically made for men or women.  For instance, a man wearing a bra would probably be frowned upon by God, but blue jeans are really a unisex item of apparel.  See what I mean Vern? :)
R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 11:21:12 AM »

I agree.  It would be one bloody weekend if I had to make animal sacrifices at church. 

Ozmo why are you spending so much time trying to find passages in the Bible that you disagree with? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 02:08:35 PM »
I agree.  It would be one bloody weekend if I had to make animal sacrifices at church. 

Ozmo why are you spending so much time trying to find passages in the Bible that you disagree with? 

There are plenty of passages i disagree with.  That's not the point. What interestes me is how people justify going against what the bible says. 
For example "i'm not Jewish" therefor i don't have to abide by it.  Well then by that logic it's ok to go against the 10 commandments.

AND we still haven't talked about what was said in 1 Cor. about long hair and women.  Was that a jewish thing too?

My point is:  99% of People and Churches interpet the Bible to their liking not to it's literal meaning and becuase of that their doctrine is tainted.  And when these peolple who condem others for not following the bible when in fact they don't either makes them not "genuine".   

I learned of this passage from a pastor who is a very close friend at a church where they take the Bible literally.

EVERY person who belongs to that church follows it.  10-12 years ago i spent a year going to that church and spending lots of time with these people.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 03:17:07 PM »
There are plenty of passages i disagree with.  That's not the point. What interestes me is how people justify going against what the bible says. 
For example "i'm not Jewish" therefor i don't have to abide by it.  Well then by that logic it's ok to go against the 10 commandments.

AND we still haven't talked about what was said in 1 Cor. about long hair and women.  Was that a jewish thing too?

My point is:  99% of People and Churches interpet the Bible to their liking not to it's literal meaning and becuase of that their doctrine is tainted.  And when these peolple who condem others for not following the bible when in fact they don't either makes them not "genuine".   

I learned of this passage from a pastor who is a very close friend at a church where they take the Bible literally.

EVERY person who belongs to that church follows it.  10-12 years ago i spent a year going to that church and spending lots of time with these people.

Well, the 10 commandments are covered pretty well in the New Testament so I do think they apply to me.

OzmO, what was that scripture in 1Cor?  And is that the passage you're talking about that you're saying those people follow?

And when these peolple who condem others for not following the bible when in fact they don't either makes them not "genuine".   

Are you talking about me here?  I hope I've never "condemn[ed] others for not following the bible."  I can't live my life as it says I should myself.  If I have condemned anyone (I don't remember but I certainly hope I haven't) for not living the way the bible suggests, I sincerely apologize. :-[
R

Bast175

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 03:19:53 PM »
it's a shame you're going to hell, Stella.  :-\

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 03:25:32 PM »
Well, the 10 commandments are covered pretty well in the New Testament so I do think they apply to me.

OzmO, what was that scripture in 1Cor?  And is that the passage you're talking about that you're saying those people follow?

Are you talking about me here?  I hope I've never "condemn[ed] others for not following the bible."  I can't live my life as it says I should myself.  If I have condemned anyone (I don't remember but I certainly hope I haven't) for not living the way the bible suggests, I sincerely apologize. :-[

No Stella, you are non-judgemental and seem very graceful with you opinions and responses to others. 

1 Cor  11, 1-15.  They follow both to the letter.  And are very normal people as i've thre known the pastor and his family over 15 years.

Historian Yates

• Getbig V
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! & I'm a llama! & Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 05:27:09 PM »
I would have bet a million dollars that Royalty started this thread when I saw the topic...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 06:21:46 PM »

I think there is a lot of truth to your point.  I would add that many people don't interpret parts of the Bible at all.  They just ignore things that make them uncomfortable.  That doesn't mean there is a problem with the Bible.  The problem is with some people. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 02:20:17 PM »

No Stella, you are non-judgemental and seem very graceful with you opinions and responses to others. 

Thanks for saying that OzmO.  That's how I hope I come off. :)

OK, back to the thing about the long hair in 1Cor 11:1-15.  I'm confused on what your question is?
R

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »
do what ever you want everybody going to hell for something anyway if you read the bible enough ;)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 12:26:13 AM »

OK, back to the thing about the long hair in 1Cor 11:1-15.  I'm confused on what your question is?

think that's the women should cover their hair when worshipping b/c their longhair is their "glory," and to expose long hair is to detract from worshipping God.

here's some more nuggets:

1 Corinthians 14:34f, the apostle Paul says: "Let the women keep silence in the churches; for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but let them be in subjection, as also saith the law. And If they would learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the church."

Timothy 2:11-12

Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

1 Timothy 2:15 or thereabout . . . Women should adorn themselves in modest apparel. Guess a certain Christian pro's wife missed that one (darn it, "time out" here i come again . . . a two-time offender i will be before I know it).

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 10:39:01 AM »

1   Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2   Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3   But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4   Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5   But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6   For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7   For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8   For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9   Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10   For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11   Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12   For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13   Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14   Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15   But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Basically it says don't cut your hair if you are a woman or you are sinning.

My points, which are supported by what Al-Gebra posted is this:

1.  Those letters were written by a Male dominated sect of people who believed women shouldn't have the same rights as men and becuase fo that they ARE NOT the word of GOD.

2.  If a woman was to follow the allegde  "word of God" in the bible  they would be sinning if they talked in church, cut their hair, or wore pants.

At some point, people are realizing just how much BS that book really is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 10:41:44 AM »

At some point, people are realizing just how much BS that book really is.

???  Try reading the book of Proverbs. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 10:54:49 AM »
???  Try reading the book of Proverbs. 

Not All the book is BS....  In my opinion there is a lot of "GOD" in it.  But also alot of MAN in it.

body88

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 05:47:14 PM »

Stella every coed I nail believes in god. Also every girlfriend I ever had sex with as a teen was the same. My question is why do these girls practise religion at their own convenience. As a very religious person would you frown on these women?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 07:18:15 AM »
Stella every coed I nail believes in god. Also every girlfriend I ever had sex with as a teen was the same. My question is why do these girls practise religion at their own convenience. As a very religious person would you frown on these women?

No, I'm not going to frown on them.  I've got my own problems. 

1   Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2   Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3   But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4   Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5   But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6   For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7   For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8   For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9   Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10   For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11   Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12   For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13   Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14   Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15   But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Basically it says don't cut your hair if you are a woman or you are sinning.

Well, I don't know but just for info here is what my study bible says about those verses:

11:5 Prays or prophesies.  In light of what he says in 14:34-35, it is doubtful that Paul approved of those activities by the women at Corinth.  He simply acknowledges that these were unauthorized practices.  with her head uncovered.  Women should be veiled or covered in the meeting of the church, and men should not.  Paul's reasons were based on theology (headship v.3), the order in creation (vv.7-9), and the presence of angels in the meeting (v.10).  None of these reasons was based on contemporary social custom.  shaved.  A sign of disgrace.

11:15  long hair is given to her as a covering.  This is not the same word as that used in vv 5-6.  The point here is that as the hair represents the proper covering in the natural realm, so the veil is the proper covering in the religious.

I don't know if that helps at all or not  ???
R

body88

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 09:32:36 AM »
No, I'm not going to frown on them.  I've got my own problems. 

Well, I don't know but just for info here is what my study bible says about those verses:

11:5 Prays or prophesies.  In light of what he says in 14:34-35, it is doubtful that Paul approved of those activities by the women at Corinth.  He simply acknowledges that these were unauthorized practices.  with her head uncovered.  Women should be veiled or covered in the meeting of the church, and men should not.  Paul's reasons were based on theology (headship v.3), the order in creation (vv.7-9), and the presence of angels in the meeting (v.10).  None of these reasons was based on contemporary social custom.  shaved.  A sign of disgrace.

11:15  long hair is given to her as a covering.  This is not the same word as that used in vv 5-6.  The point here is that as the hair represents the proper covering in the natural realm, so the veil is the proper covering in the religious.

I don't know if that helps at all or not  ???

Stella have you ever had sex out of wedlock? I am not trying to be a wise ass you know I think you are the best thing since sliced bread! You do not have to answer if you don't want to. I just see alot of" religious" people following the parts of there particular religion that are to their convenience. I have had a girl (Turkish) ask me to have anal sex with her since she was a virgin due to her religion. Now the fact is it is still sex!

Bast175

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 09:35:22 AM »

I have had a girl (Turkish) ask me to have anal sex with her since she was a virgin due to her religion.

YOU LUCKY MOTHERFUKKER

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 12:26:04 PM »
Was that Turkish girl ironneck's mother?

body88

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 08:18:35 PM »
I thought Iron neck was German ???